Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

    Login / Register




    Page 47 of 121 FirstFirst ... 37 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 57 97 ... LastLast
    Results 921 to 940 of 2412
    1. #921
      Join Date
      Dec 2005
      Location
      Maryland
      Posts
      1,863
      Country Flag: United States
      I think that is my welding helmet. I do have a Disco ball hanging from the ceiling in the garage, and I do wear bell bottoms to do my welding in, keeps the spatter off my platform shoes. Ron
      Ron Schwarz

    2. #922
      Join Date
      Aug 2004
      Location
      Rustburg, Virginia
      Posts
      3,436
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by ron s View Post
      i do have a disco ball hanging from the ceiling in the garage, and i do wear bell bottoms to do my welding in, keeps the spatter off my platform shoes. Ron
      lol
      1970 RS/SS350 139K on the clock:
      89 TPI motor w/ 1pc rear seal coupled to a Viper T56 via Mcleod's modular bellhousing w/ hydraulic T/O bearing from the Viper, 12 bolt rear w/ 3.73 gearing, SC&C upper control arms, factory lowers with Delalums, C5 brakes at all four corners, Front Wheels 17x8's with Sumi 255/40/17 and Rear Wheels 17x9's with Sumi 275/40/17.
      Brief description of the work done so far can be found here: http://www.nastyz28.com/forum/showthread.php?t=112454


    3. #923
      Join Date
      Dec 2005
      Location
      Maryland
      Posts
      1,863
      Country Flag: United States
      Changing my hood around to save some weight, it will now hinge the regular way. I've seen a couple of nascar aluminum hinges on Ebay that I wouldn't mind using. I can't seem to find a picture of those Nascar type hinges installed on something, does anyone have any Nascar hood, hood hinge pics? Thanks, Ron
      Ron Schwarz

    4. #924
      Join Date
      Dec 2006
      Location
      Out of the Burbs of Detroit to SoCal, then onto my ancestral homeland, the woods of Cascadia
      Posts
      1,753
      Country Flag: United States
      No images, but what I've seen is they are mounted on the outside of the hood on the cowl and outside surface of the hood. They're external hinges
      Greg Fast
      (yes, the last name is spelled correctly)

      1970 Camaro RS Clone
      1984 el Camino
      1973 MGB vintage E/Prod race car
      (Soon to be an SCCA H/Prod limited prep)

    5. #925
      Join Date
      Mar 2003
      Location
      Fallston, MD
      Posts
      564
      They are not much just a tab on the hood and one on the fender with a shoulder bolt. The things you see on ebay a probable the locking supports for when the hood is up.
      Brian Schein

    6. #926
      Join Date
      Dec 2004
      Posts
      30
      Is that thing running yet? I was gonna stop over today but seen you was next door. I ned you to post my car up for sale on here I dont have enough posts.

    7. #927
      Join Date
      Nov 2007
      Posts
      2
      Are these what you had in mind? If so speedway motors sells some like them.They are listed in their catalog. Pretty easy to make yourself.

    8. #928
      Join Date
      Aug 2004
      Location
      Rustburg, Virginia
      Posts
      3,436
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by Ron S View Post
      Changing my hood around to save some weight, it will now hinge the regular way. I've seen a couple of nascar aluminum hinges on Ebay that I wouldn't mind using. I can't seem to find a picture of those Nascar type hinges installed on something, does anyone have any Nascar hood, hood hinge pics? Thanks, Ron

      How about these? $50/pair

      http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2-BIL...Q5fAccessories


      whoops...you said a pic of them installed...sorry.
      1970 RS/SS350 139K on the clock:
      89 TPI motor w/ 1pc rear seal coupled to a Viper T56 via Mcleod's modular bellhousing w/ hydraulic T/O bearing from the Viper, 12 bolt rear w/ 3.73 gearing, SC&C upper control arms, factory lowers with Delalums, C5 brakes at all four corners, Front Wheels 17x8's with Sumi 255/40/17 and Rear Wheels 17x9's with Sumi 275/40/17.
      Brief description of the work done so far can be found here: http://www.nastyz28.com/forum/showthread.php?t=112454


    9. #929
      Join Date
      Dec 2005
      Location
      Maryland
      Posts
      1,863
      Country Flag: United States
      Thanks guys, they are exactly what I am looking at. I think Brian is correct, in they are just to support the hood while it is up. The actual hinges are are just tabs welded on the hood and cowl. I'm still amazed how few images I can find of this set up. Thanks again, Ron
      Ron Schwarz

    10. #930
      Join Date
      Dec 2006
      Location
      oshawa ontario
      Posts
      1,607
      Country Flag: Canada
      heres one.....

      Nascar 69 Chevelle project, 1999 Hutch Pagan Nascar chassis, 69 Chevelle body,700hp, Penske's, slicks, roadrace track day https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...le-Cup-project
      89 Iroc 406 Fitech 5 spd
      01 chevy 2500HD 4x4 8.1 Allison
      31 Scarab 2 x 454

    11. #931
      Join Date
      Feb 2010
      Posts
      21
      thanks for sharing the project build, its good to see a stang being done. Gives me some hope and ideas for my stang when I get going.

      Is there any reason why you couldn't put the oil tank in the boot or in the back of the passanger compartment. It would help with weight distribution and there would be no problems with space. I know it would of meant long pipe runs tho. Just a thought. I am sure I have seen it done on rally cars.

    12. #932
      Join Date
      Dec 2005
      Location
      Maryland
      Posts
      1,863
      Country Flag: United States
      I'm using a factory LS7 2 stage oil pump. I don't beleive it was designed to move the oil that far like the 4,5, and 6 stage pumps you see in Nascar etc.
      Ron Schwarz

    13. #933
      Join Date
      Aug 2009
      Location
      Crofton, MD
      Posts
      160
      Hey Ron - when you gonna be ready for me to tune that thing?? Let me know...

      BTW - got some news - wife is 9 weeks pregnant and things are going good this time! Thing is, I'm now trying to sell the Camaro - could use the money for fixing up the house...

      Talk to ya soon!
      Bret

      GM EFI Tuner
      1980 Z28 Pro-touring project - sold
      2002 Trans Am 9.41 at 143mph on pump gas and drag radials - sold

    14. #934
      Join Date
      Feb 2010
      Posts
      21
      Quote Originally Posted by Ron S View Post
      I'm using a factory LS7 2 stage oil pump. I don't beleive it was designed to move the oil that far like the 4,5, and 6 stage pumps you see in Nascar etc.
      Thanks for the explanation.

      Great project. Nice to see some one mixing chevy and Ford.
      Still trying to decide whether to use a LS block or Ford 5.4 modular block in my 66stang.

    15. #935
      Join Date
      Aug 2004
      Location
      Rustburg, Virginia
      Posts
      3,436
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by LSXZ28 View Post
      Hey Ron - when you gonna be ready for me to tune that thing?? Let me know...

      BTW - got some news - wife is 9 weeks pregnant and things are going good this time! Thing is, I'm now trying to sell the Camaro - could use the money for fixing up the house...

      Talk to ya soon!
      Bret
      Congrats Bret!
      1970 RS/SS350 139K on the clock:
      89 TPI motor w/ 1pc rear seal coupled to a Viper T56 via Mcleod's modular bellhousing w/ hydraulic T/O bearing from the Viper, 12 bolt rear w/ 3.73 gearing, SC&C upper control arms, factory lowers with Delalums, C5 brakes at all four corners, Front Wheels 17x8's with Sumi 255/40/17 and Rear Wheels 17x9's with Sumi 275/40/17.
      Brief description of the work done so far can be found here: http://www.nastyz28.com/forum/showthread.php?t=112454


    16. #936
      Join Date
      Aug 2009
      Location
      Crofton, MD
      Posts
      160
      Quote Originally Posted by John Wright View Post
      Congrats Bret!
      Thank you! After losing 2, we are stressed and nervous, but things seem to be different this time... will be good to get through the next 3 weeks and then we can relax a little.


      Good to hear from you today Ron! Talk to you soon and maybe we can bring the beast alive before long! Lookin forward to coming up and seeing it...

      GM EFI Tuner
      1980 Z28 Pro-touring project - sold
      2002 Trans Am 9.41 at 143mph on pump gas and drag radials - sold

    17. #937
      Join Date
      Dec 2004
      Posts
      30
      Ron, you have mail! ps sell sell sell!

    18. #938
      Join Date
      Dec 2005
      Location
      Maryland
      Posts
      1,863
      Country Flag: United States
      Got the engine set down in tonight. Can't get over how much higher this set up sets in the chassis, the carb spacer will probably have to be adjusted to get the hood to close. Will be kind of cool that the air cleaner element will be seen from the drivers seat.

      The dry sump set up is a pita, but turned out pretty clean. I still have to finsh tigging the front structure, make some hood hinges, and get the thing tuned. Can't wait to drive the thing. Ron







      Ron Schwarz

    19. #939
      Join Date
      Apr 2006
      Location
      Huntington Beach, CA
      Posts
      2,420
      Country Flag: United States
      Looks good!

      Please Subscribe to the AutoXandTrack YouTube Channel

      Autocross and track blog about running autocross and track events with pro touring cars


    20. #940
      Join Date
      May 2007
      Location
      Houston, Tx
      Posts
      2,200
      Country Flag: United States
      oh lawwwwwwwwwwwwd
      Colin Russ

    Page 47 of 121 FirstFirst ... 37 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 57 97 ... LastLast



    Advertise on Pro-Touring.com