Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

    Login / Register




    Page 95 of 121 FirstFirst ... 45 85 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 105 ... LastLast
    Results 1,881 to 1,900 of 2412
    1. #1881
      Join Date
      May 2011
      Location
      Scottsdale, AZ
      Posts
      67
      Country Flag: United States
      How did the 900lb spring work out? I have seen some combinations that work well that made no sence on paper. Compaired to coil over rates anyway.
      Courage is being scared to death... and saddling up anyway.
      -John Wayne-

    2. #1882
      Join Date
      Dec 2005
      Location
      Maryland
      Posts
      1,863
      Country Flag: United States
      To be honest, I've only driven it on the street. In combination with the new spring I also installed a Hotchkiss 32mm sway bar, The combo seems way better then what I had, but I still need to get some decent shocks on there. Was working with Brett at ridetech to figure the best combo for the car, then I got caught up in this AMX project https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...l-frame/page14. I truely have the attention span of a 3 year old.
      Attached Images Attached Images  
      Ron Schwarz

    3. #1883
      Join Date
      Apr 2011
      Location
      BC, Canada
      Posts
      84
      Country Flag: Canada
      This car looks incredible do you have flares?

    4. #1884
      Join Date
      Dec 2005
      Location
      Maryland
      Posts
      1,863
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by Dolmaner View Post
      This car looks incredible do you have flares?

      ???? The fenders and quarters are reshaped to cover the tires, so yeah I guess I have flares.
      Ron Schwarz

    5. #1885
      Join Date
      May 2002
      Location
      Northern California
      Posts
      10,716
      Country Flag: United States
      almost looks backwards with the tire aspect as pictured.
      MrQuick ΜΟΛ'ΩΝ ΛΑΒ'Ε


    6. #1886
      Join Date
      Sep 2010
      Location
      Tampabay, Florida
      Posts
      78
      Country Flag: United States
      i've been jonesing for your AMX updates. I hope the world is not kicking your ass.

    7. #1887
      Join Date
      Dec 2005
      Location
      Maryland
      Posts
      1,863
      Country Flag: United States
      Sometimes I feel like a soccer ball
      Ron Schwarz

    8. #1888
      Join Date
      Sep 2010
      Location
      Tampabay, Florida
      Posts
      78
      Country Flag: United States
      hopefully the world will slow down a little and let you enjoy some "me" time

    9. #1889
      Join Date
      Jan 2012
      Location
      4534 Hørve
      Posts
      10
      Country Flag: Denmark
      Hallo Ron



      First i must sayi never has seen a project sow impressing, that is the great inspiration i love it

      A question : How did you shaped the rear fenders, and do you have som kinde of blueprint for the frame?

      Thank you Ron for the great tread........

      Simon Aronsson
      Danmark


    10. #1890
      Join Date
      Dec 2005
      Location
      Maryland
      Posts
      1,863
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by Aronsson View Post
      Hallo Ron

      First i must sayi never has seen a project sow impressing, that is the great inspiration i love it

      A question : How did you shaped the rear fenders, and do you have som kinde of blueprint for the frame?

      Thank you Ron for the great tread........

      Simon Aronsson
      Danmark
      Been out of town all week, but yes I shaped the fenders, there was several revisions before I was happy with them, have had several offers to make molds of them for mass production, but haven't yet. The chassis was a one off also, and unfortunatly I didn't save the prints. I really need to start designing this stuff on the computer so that I can save the files, with the paper and pencil method its too easily thrown away.
      Ron Schwarz

    11. #1891
      Join Date
      Jan 2012
      Location
      4534 Hørve
      Posts
      10
      Country Flag: Denmark
      I reeeeeeeealy like to order a pair of front and rear fenders, just name your price

      How did you shaped the fenders ???


      Simon

    12. #1892
      Join Date
      Sep 2010
      Location
      Huntington Beach CA.
      Posts
      82
      Country Flag: United States
      I just spent my sat night reading through this thread, i have to say it was actually worth it!

      I've seen this thread for some time now and always decided to skip it because of the name... I figured that a $5000 build was not worth looking at, since I knew that 5k would go far... Little did I know it was one of the best builds on the site! Really inspires me to work hard and get my hands dirty on my build. Looking forward to any new updates!
      -Louis
      1967 RS/SS (driver)
      1968 RS/SS (project)

    13. #1893
      Join Date
      Dec 2005
      Location
      Maryland
      Posts
      1,863
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by LUACE View Post
      Looking forward to any new updates!
      You shouldn't have to wait too long, I'm dragging the old girl into the shop this week for some upgrades. Finally taking off the 4x4 Rancho shocks, Brett at ridetech just sent in the new shocks, was joking with him that I hope they work as good as they look, because they have that jewlery bling to them. Have new sway bar from Hotchkis, and I'm pretty sure I'm going to do a full floater rear, with 3.18 gears (to cure my knockback and rev limiter issues). And finally gets some harnesses in the car that fit. And one last thing, windows, yes I'm tired of getting wet at out rainy events. Would like to have it all done before my first event in Jersey, while still pecking at my AMX, lofty goals but I should get it done.
      Ron Schwarz

    14. #1894
      Join Date
      Feb 2012
      Posts
      1
      Country Flag: United States
      cool

    15. #1895
      Join Date
      Dec 2005
      Location
      Maryland
      Posts
      1,863
      Country Flag: United States
      This is really weird, have two threads going at once. Started getting this car ready for the new season, put the new higher bumpers on the new Vette Brakes 940lbs front spring to get the car up a bit. Putting the new ridetech shocks in, these shocks seem sooo much better then what I had. Need to change up some baffling for the oil cooler, and then go back to the rear.



      Ron Schwarz

    16. #1896
      Join Date
      Jan 2006
      Location
      McKinney, TX
      Posts
      1,623
      Country Flag: United States
      Not sure where you posted but what headers did you run with the LS1?
      66 Mustang "Project: Ballin on a budget"
      89 Mustang "Box Wine"

    17. #1897
      Join Date
      Dec 2005
      Location
      Maryland
      Posts
      1,863
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by Z06killinSBF View Post
      Not sure where you posted but what headers did you run with the LS1?
      Been out of town for the past week, the headers are cheap, Pacesetter GTO headers.
      Ron Schwarz

    18. #1898
      Join Date
      Dec 2005
      Location
      Maryland
      Posts
      1,863
      Country Flag: United States
      Pecking at a bunch of little things on this car, got the new shocks and swaybar on. Had an overheating issue last year when I was really leaning on it, got to 300 degrees a couple time at VIR. Don't really know why, at 150 mph I'd think the air would just push through and cool OK. Thought maybe the air was bypassing around radiator because the front of the car was wide open. Started filling in these areas with aluminum, what a PITA. Hoping it funnels the air were it belongs.





      Ron Schwarz

    19. #1899
      Join Date
      May 2008
      Location
      Austin, Tx.
      Posts
      1,539
      Country Flag: United States
      That should direct the air to the radiator a whole lot better!
      Ray
      FEW FRILLS, just BIG CHILLS!!!
      1972 VW Bug (427LS/T56 Magnum/9"-3.70 gears)
      18"x10-1/2" (315/30/18) Front, 18”x12" (335/30/18”) Rear
      https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...-Lady-Bug-quot

    20. #1900
      Join Date
      May 2011
      Location
      Scottsdale, AZ
      Posts
      67
      Country Flag: United States
      I sure like your sheet metal work, great job on radiator director
      Courage is being scared to death... and saddling up anyway.
      -John Wayne-

    Page 95 of 121 FirstFirst ... 45 85 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 105 ... LastLast



    Advertise on Pro-Touring.com