Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

    Login / Register




    Page 68 of 121 FirstFirst ... 18 58 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 78 118 ... LastLast
    Results 1,341 to 1,360 of 2412
    1. #1341
      Join Date
      Sep 2007
      Location
      Buford, GA
      Posts
      923
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by Ron S View Post
      The car ran 8.18 in the 1/8th,spinning through 1st and 2nd. I don't know what that converts to in the 1/4
      With those same tires I'd say you'd be running low 12's. Slicks would probably break you into the 11's.

      Here's my basis of judgement from our S10 site...
      Adam
      1985 S10 - LT1 + T56
      1964 Chevy II 4-Door - LS1 + T56

    2. #1342
      Join Date
      Dec 2005
      Location
      Maryland
      Posts
      1,863
      Country Flag: United States
      I think my fastest MPH was 96, it averaged 92. With the 3:54 gears it is definitely more of a 1/4 mile car.That is the only thing that stinks about the big brakes, you need custom wheels to run sticky tires.
      Ron Schwarz

    3. #1343
      Join Date
      Mar 2010
      Location
      AZ
      Posts
      801
      Country Flag: United States
      I hate, hate, hate that my two favorite cars here are mustangs. I had a chance to pick up a 69 two years ago and passed on it and you're making me regret it, damn you both!
      Robert R.
      1988 S10 blazer 5.0L SBC 700R4 body off build.
      1991 S10 Blazer 4.3L too low daily.
      1975 Cutlass Salon currenlty 350/th350
      Stupidity should be painful.

    4. #1344
      Join Date
      Dec 2005
      Location
      Maryland
      Posts
      1,863
      Country Flag: United States
      Just saw this over in the RTTH section, thought I'd post it over here. I think Adam shot it. Its funny after all the spinning and hitting cones, the humiliation forced me to slow down, drive like and old lady, and lay down one clean run.That was the only good time I put down. Kyle, Steve, Brian, and all the fast guys always say smooth is fast, maybe one day I'll listen.

      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v8HY50YccUw
      Ron Schwarz

    5. #1345
      Join Date
      Sep 2010
      Posts
      31
      all i can say is wow! awesome car. last week i finally layed down the cash to start on my mustang project. and was looking everywhere for a wide bodied mustang. then by chance i saw your thread and am greatful that i kept reading it. mine is a 64 1/2 coupe though building mine to run the silverstate challenge, and pikes peak

    6. #1346
      Join Date
      Dec 2005
      Location
      Maryland
      Posts
      1,863
      Country Flag: United States
      Just bought one of the Kilboy pics from the Tale of the Dragon,I remembered buying one last year. Figured it would show the front end contrast pretty well.






      Ron Schwarz


    7. #1347
      Join Date
      Aug 2009
      Location
      Crofton, MD
      Posts
      160
      Love the new frontend Ron! But, I think you should take off that Snake emblem and put an LS7 emblem there

      GM EFI Tuner
      1980 Z28 Pro-touring project - sold
      2002 Trans Am 9.41 at 143mph on pump gas and drag radials - sold

    8. #1348
      Join Date
      Aug 2004
      Location
      Rustburg, Virginia
      Posts
      3,436
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by Ron S View Post
      Figured it would show the front end contrast pretty well.
      Yup, it's raining in one pic and the sun is shining in the other.....j/k, the new front end looks much, much cleaner and nicer, fits with the rest of the street fighter look.
      1970 RS/SS350 139K on the clock:
      89 TPI motor w/ 1pc rear seal coupled to a Viper T56 via Mcleod's modular bellhousing w/ hydraulic T/O bearing from the Viper, 12 bolt rear w/ 3.73 gearing, SC&C upper control arms, factory lowers with Delalums, C5 brakes at all four corners, Front Wheels 17x8's with Sumi 255/40/17 and Rear Wheels 17x9's with Sumi 275/40/17.
      Brief description of the work done so far can be found here: http://www.nastyz28.com/forum/showthread.php?t=112454


    9. #1349
      Join Date
      Aug 2002
      Location
      Waleska Ga.
      Posts
      2,722
      Country Flag: United States
      That looks killer! Thanks again for letting me hang out with you an Payton that week end. Had a blast!!

      X2 for the new version ! Yep an a car does not have to be Flat black to look mean or be a Street fighter!! LOL!!
      David Sloan

      If you’re suggesting sending men with weapons of war to take my weapons of war,then I’m fairly certain that’s what’s called an act of war… and the definition of tyranny.which coincidentally is the reason for the second amendment to begin with!


      https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...ght=fun+camaro

      https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...lcamino-build!

    10. #1350
      Join Date
      Dec 2005
      Location
      Maryland
      Posts
      1,863
      Country Flag: United States
      Always good seeing you, and Robert, I'm still waiting to see your car done, am I going to have to start riding your as* again with those weekly phone calls. LOL
      Ron Schwarz

    11. #1351
      Join Date
      Sep 2005
      Location
      Woodstock, Ga
      Posts
      695
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by Ron S View Post
      Always good seeing you, and Robert, I'm still waiting to see your car done, am I going to have to start riding your as* again with those weekly phone calls. LOL
      LOL, we have been working on it!

      Robert

    12. #1352
      Join Date
      Mar 2009
      Location
      overseas
      Posts
      3,434
      Country Flag: United States
      wow frontend turned out great! so much better than before! any plans for the rearbumper?
      Kevin S. (overseas in Germany)
      1963 Chevrolet Impala 2d ht Coupe

      www.CruznArt.com
      CRUZN - Automotive Artworks

    13. #1353
      Join Date
      Aug 2002
      Location
      Waleska Ga.
      Posts
      2,722
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by Ron S View Post
      Always good seeing you, and Robert, I'm still waiting to see your car done, am I going to have to start riding your as* again with those weekly phone calls. LOL

      OK I like the phone calls keep me motoed LOL!
      We will send some pics soon The coil over shock mount are fabbed up an tacked in place waiting for Robert to tig them in
      I ordered the rack for our frame yesterday, Its a woodward http://www.woodwardsteering.com/imag...20steering.pdf its a HLM 236 ratio

      Frank ordered my 9" last week so we will start building the 3 link soon. We are going to do a build tread on the car at some point.
      Thanks
      David Sloan

      If you’re suggesting sending men with weapons of war to take my weapons of war,then I’m fairly certain that’s what’s called an act of war… and the definition of tyranny.which coincidentally is the reason for the second amendment to begin with!


      https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...ght=fun+camaro

      https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...lcamino-build!

    14. #1354
      Join Date
      Mar 2010
      Location
      AZ
      Posts
      801
      Country Flag: United States
      I like the new front so much better, the big gap between the grill\headlights and bumper on your previous one bigged me, always has with that style bumper, the new one looks really slick though!
      Robert R.
      1988 S10 blazer 5.0L SBC 700R4 body off build.
      1991 S10 Blazer 4.3L too low daily.
      1975 Cutlass Salon currenlty 350/th350
      Stupidity should be painful.

    15. #1355
      Join Date
      Dec 2005
      Location
      Maryland
      Posts
      1,863
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by CruizinKev View Post
      wow frontend turned out great! so much better than before! any plans for the rearbumper?
      The rear of the car hasn't really bugged me, I do eventually plan on building some fins to go on the belly pan beneath the fuel tank, and I do think the car will end up needing a wing or some kind of spoiler( I'm going to fight that as long as I can)

      For now I just plan on finishing the splitter, and finally putting some side glass in it. Maybe even some windsheild wipers(no thats talking crazy)
      Ron Schwarz

    16. #1356
      Join Date
      Aug 2009
      Location
      Chandler, Az (from west NE)
      Posts
      240
      Country Flag: United States
      Front end looks real nice, Ron. good to see you're getting out with the car and pounding on it a bit. Have you noticed any difference in handling with the splitter/ front-end change? BTW pics are great.
      Ric

      2002 s10, DD and AutoX.
      1966 Malibu owned since 1971. Drag car converting to track toy!

    17. #1357
      Join Date
      Dec 2005
      Location
      Maryland
      Posts
      1,863
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by rixtrix1 View Post
      Front end looks real nice, Ron. good to see you're getting out with the car and pounding on it a bit. Have you noticed any difference in handling with the splitter/ front-end change? BTW pics are great.
      No not really, I didn't think I needed it, until the car hit 150mph at VIR and the power steering got way too easy, and the front end started wondering. With that type of mod., I don't think is any benefit until you get to high speeds, and the front end starts getting lite. I don't think it will even make that much differece at slower tracks like Gingerman.

      At VIR the car numerically had 178 MPH in it, and I had the space and HP to get there, but the front got so lite, it made my as* pucker.
      Ron Schwarz

    18. #1358
      Join Date
      May 2001
      Location
      Mesa, Az.
      Posts
      1,434
      Country Flag: United States
      The car looks SOOO much more refined now! I love the new bumper.
      Phillip
      64 Studebaker Daytona Twin Turbo- http://bit.ly/1SgxQ0g
      65 Cutlass F-85 - http://bit.ly/1W4lJm4

    19. #1359
      Join Date
      Jan 2009
      Location
      Chattanooga, TN
      Posts
      291
      Gooood Lord that video sounds good!

      Whos car is crackling in the background?

      Loveeee the front!
      Stephen S.
      1967 Ford Mustang 4.7L, T5

    20. #1360
      Join Date
      Dec 2007
      Posts
      284
      Quote Originally Posted by MSTSFabbed View Post
      Gooood Lord that video sounds good!

      Whos car is crackling in the background?

      Loveeee the front!

      I am pretty sure it was this truck running in the background


    Page 68 of 121 FirstFirst ... 18 58 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 78 118 ... LastLast



    Advertise on Pro-Touring.com