Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

    Login / Register




    Page 67 of 112 FirstFirst ... 17 57 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 77 ... LastLast
    Results 1,321 to 1,340 of 2412

    Hybrid View

    1. #1
      Join Date
      Oct 2006
      Location
      Colorado
      Posts
      256
      Ron,
      Not to Hi-Jack your 'stang thread which is awesome, but do you have any details of how you will be splicing in the JRS clip into the existing AMX? I'm building a Mopar and have talked to Jake but haven't had the guts to do it.



      Wes


    2. #2
      Join Date
      Dec 2005
      Location
      Maryland
      Posts
      1,863
      Country Flag: United States
      I'm actually building a full perimeter chassis. I'm pretty picky on the fabrication side, but Jake was very accomodating, making his clip exactly how I wanted it. Still batting around a couple of different rear suspension designs, hoping to have the chassis built in the next couple weeks.

      I don't think it would be that hard to graft one of Jakes clips on to a Mopar, as long as the frame widths are close. It would be cool to see, not alot of Mopars taken to that level.
      Ron Schwarz

    3. #3
      Join Date
      Dec 2004
      Location
      El Cerrito, CA
      Posts
      156
      Country Flag: United States
      hey Ron,

      it's so cool you're going to build and AMC! I've really enjoyed following the mustang build (it's jaw dropping awesome). can't want to see the AMX. AMC Rules

      -Asif- Penngrove, CA (SF bay area) asifnyc.com - AMC blog
      1974 Javelin NASA American Iron road race car
      1975 AMC Matador road race project
      1973 AMC Javelin/AMX driver
      1975 AMC Gremlin driver
      1975 AMC Gremlin track rat project

    4. #4
      Join Date
      Dec 2005
      Location
      Maryland
      Posts
      1,863
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by asifnyc View Post
      hey Ron,

      it's so cool you're going to build and AMC! I've really enjoyed following the mustang build (it's jaw dropping awesome). can't want to see the AMX. AMC Rules

      Yeah, I'd love to keep it all AMC, I have access to several 401's, but my goal on this car is to keep it below 3000 lbs.. I know Indy does make an aluminum AMC block and heads, but the assembled package is 25K. Way out of this cars budget.
      Ron Schwarz

    5. #5
      Join Date
      Oct 2006
      Location
      Colorado
      Posts
      256
      Quote Originally Posted by Ron S View Post
      I'm actually building a full perimeter chassis. I'm pretty picky on the fabrication side, but Jake was very accomodating, making his clip exactly how I wanted it. Still batting around a couple of different rear suspension designs, hoping to have the chassis built in the next couple weeks.

      I don't think it would be that hard to graft one of Jakes clips on to a Mopar, as long as the frame widths are close. It would be cool to see, not alot of Mopars taken to that level.
      Thanks for the reply-can't wait to see a few pictures and details of the AMX project and the frame.
      Wes

    6. #6
      Join Date
      Dec 2005
      Location
      Maryland
      Posts
      1,863
      Country Flag: United States
      Installing brake ducts, ZR1 hubs, and Hardbar hardware. Hoping it helps with the brake knockback. Crazy how heat from the rotor burned the boot off the tierod. Once all this is installed I will have to build the air intakes in the splitter.



      Ron Schwarz

    7. #7
      Join Date
      Jan 2008
      Location
      Charlotte
      Posts
      1,295
      You fab up the brake ducts?
      2005 LeMans Blue Corvette w/ T56 & Z51 & C6Z06 Brakes, Build Thread: https://www.pro-touring.com/showthread.php?64496
      2005 GMC Sierra 2500HD LLY / Allison
      2014 Chevy SS LS3 / 4 Door

    8. #8
      Join Date
      Dec 2005
      Location
      Maryland
      Posts
      1,863
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by bonecrrusher View Post
      You fab up the brake ducts?
      No, they came from LG Motorsports, seem pretty nice.
      Ron Schwarz

    9. #9
      Join Date
      Nov 2006
      Location
      Flo-rida
      Posts
      1,204
      Nice build.

      Edit: So you just slapped the body onto a frame? Where did you get the frame btw?
      Last edited by Project69; 02-02-2011 at 12:59 AM.

      1993 Camaro Z28
      2001 Camaro Z28
      1969 Camaro


    10. #10
      Join Date
      Dec 2005
      Location
      Maryland
      Posts
      1,863
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by Project69 View Post
      Nice build.

      Edit: So you just slapped the body onto a frame? Where did you get the frame btw?
      Built it
      Ron Schwarz

    11. #11
      Join Date
      Nov 2006
      Location
      Flo-rida
      Posts
      1,204
      Gotcha, how did you mount the body to the frame? I must have missed that.

      1993 Camaro Z28
      2001 Camaro Z28
      1969 Camaro


    12. #12
      Join Date
      Dec 2005
      Location
      Maryland
      Posts
      1,863
      Country Flag: United States
      It is attached along the rocker pinch welds,A pillar and B pillar, and other assorted places, you can see the pics here. Ron
      http://57hemicuda.smugmug.com/Cars/M.../6357389_pKQdb
      Ron Schwarz

    13. #13
      Join Date
      Nov 2006
      Location
      Flo-rida
      Posts
      1,204
      Thank you, you have a download file of all the pictures? Im doing this and would like to use your pictures for frame and body help.

      Thank you

      Rob

      1993 Camaro Z28
      2001 Camaro Z28
      1969 Camaro


    14. #14
      Join Date
      Aug 2007
      Location
      Albemarle, NC
      Posts
      1,170
      Country Flag: United States
      we use header wrap safety wired to the tie rod ends on all our C5 track cars. its abslutetly normal to bake the boots off within a couple of events. especially with aggressive pads.

      what is the rest of the setup? those look like radial mount calipers, not standard C5 stuff.

      michael
      Michael Crawford

      1970 plymouth Duster back under construction:
      https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...uring-makeover

      1987 GMC S15 https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...ct-drivabeater

    15. #15
      Join Date
      Dec 2005
      Location
      Maryland
      Posts
      1,863
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by dusterbd13 View Post
      we use header wrap safety wired to the tie rod ends on all our C5 track cars. its abslutetly normal to bake the boots off within a couple of events. especially with aggressive pads.

      what is the rest of the setup? those look like radial mount calipers, not standard C5 stuff.

      michael
      I'm running the 15" Baer set up, with the Alcon built 6 piston calipers, 14's on the rear, and a 7/8 manual master cylinder. I almost balled it up on its first road course adventure, Payton King helped me kind of get the brakes dialed in. Works great now.
      Ron Schwarz

    16. #16
      Join Date
      Jan 2008
      Location
      Charlotte
      Posts
      1,295
      LG pieces - nice....

      Ron - you doing any VIR events this year? Factory cars allowed w/ no cages?
      2005 LeMans Blue Corvette w/ T56 & Z51 & C6Z06 Brakes, Build Thread: https://www.pro-touring.com/showthread.php?64496
      2005 GMC Sierra 2500HD LLY / Allison
      2014 Chevy SS LS3 / 4 Door

    17. #17
      Join Date
      Dec 2005
      Location
      Maryland
      Posts
      1,863
      Country Flag: United States
      I'm going to try and wear that car out this year, I really want to do VIR again, and I want to try Summit this year. I can't wait to do Jersey, hell I want to go everywhere!!
      Ron Schwarz

    18. #18
      Join Date
      Dec 2006
      Location
      Out of the Burbs of Detroit to SoCal, then onto my ancestral homeland, the woods of Cascadia
      Posts
      1,753
      Country Flag: United States
      Ron-

      Any concern that cooling only 1 side of the rotor might lead to warping? Or are you aiming the air into the hub side of the rotor vents?
      Greg Fast
      (yes, the last name is spelled correctly)

      1970 Camaro RS Clone
      1984 el Camino
      1973 MGB vintage E/Prod race car
      (Soon to be an SCCA H/Prod limited prep)

    19. #19
      Join Date
      Dec 2005
      Location
      Maryland
      Posts
      1,863
      Country Flag: United States
      It blows the air into the hub area and then its forced out through the vent holes. I wonder how much brake dust will be blowing all over the wheels.
      Ron Schwarz

    20. #20
      Join Date
      Jan 2006
      Posts
      292
      Quote Originally Posted by Twentyover View Post
      Ron-

      Any concern that cooling only 1 side of the rotor might lead to warping? Or are you aiming the air into the hub side of the rotor vents?
      Since the rotor isn't really being cooled unless the car is moving forward (and the rotor turning), I don't think there would be any problem with one part of the rotor cooling significantly faster than another.

      I'd be interested to see how much of a difference those ducts make. Pretty cool piece - I had them on my C5 as well.

    Page 67 of 112 FirstFirst ... 17 57 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 77 ... LastLast



    Advertise on Pro-Touring.com