Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

    Login / Register




    Page 27 of 121 FirstFirst ... 17 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 37 77 ... LastLast
    Results 521 to 540 of 2412
    1. #521
      Join Date
      Oct 2004
      Location
      Charlotte, NC
      Posts
      795

      Are you still planning

      on going to Ga in May? If you are, I cannot wait to see the car.



    2. #522
      Join Date
      Apr 2006
      Location
      Atlanta GA
      Posts
      7,477

    3. #523
      Join Date
      Jan 2008
      Location
      Brisbane, Australia
      Posts
      182
      I have to ask as the work that has been done on this is nothing short of amazing. How's the $5K budget going? Are you still trying to keep to a minimal budget or just now gone all out?

      I do love the look of it with the flares, looks really really aggressive!

    4. #524
      Join Date
      Dec 2005
      Location
      Maryland
      Posts
      1,863
      Country Flag: United States
      Yeah Payton I'll be there,I don't know if the car will be in color or not,but it will be there too.

      The budget is floating around $7,300.00,but its not painted yet.{its more hours then dollars}I've got some deals on paint,but still haven't picked a color yet.Figure the paint will still be wet when I put it on the trailer heading to Georgia.

      Its coming out just as I pictured it though.I knew if I could get the proportions on the flares right,I would be happy with it.I usually hate when people stray away from the factory look,but I think I like it better then the factory lines.I should be happy, do to all the tweeking I had to do.I figure this will be one of those cars people will either really like,or REALLY REALLY hate.Ron

      http://57hemicuda.smugmug.com/gallery/6357389_pKQdb
      Last edited by Ron S; 04-19-2009 at 06:16 PM. Reason: spelling
      Ron Schwarz

    5. #525
      Join Date
      Feb 2007
      Location
      Mantorville, MN
      Posts
      65
      Quote Originally Posted by Rybar View Post
      Awesome news Ron, love this pic:

      This is by far the coolest pic ever.
      Darryl

      1965 Ford Galaxie Big Block FE & 4 Doors Project HULK

    6. #526
      Join Date
      May 2002
      Location
      Northern California
      Posts
      10,716
      Country Flag: United States
      I have seen some cool stuff but this has been my favorite build to watch.
      MrQuick ΜΟΛ'ΩΝ ΛΑΒ'Ε


    7. #527
      Join Date
      Jan 2008
      Location
      Brisbane, Australia
      Posts
      182
      Ron I can't believe that you've kept your budget that low. Can I ask if you've kept track on how many hours you've done on this yourself.

      This is inspirational, and I must admit I've been looking in recent times going, "no way is this a $5000 budget". You have just blown me away!

      I only wish I had half the skills you do to be able to have a crack at a project like this myself.

    8. #528
      Join Date
      Dec 2005
      Location
      Maryland
      Posts
      1,863
      Country Flag: United States
      TOO MANY HOURS. lol.No I haven't kept track of the hours,if I did I wouldn't consider it a cheap car anymore.The 7300 is just out of pocket expenses.

      There has been some cheating going on,horse trading for stuff I had laying around the garage.And I had just finished up 2 pretty big projects,so there was alot of ,steel wiring,brakeline,etc laying around here.

      Some of the parts I bought and didn't use, I sold at a profit,the 4.6 Mustang motor and trans I bought off Racing Junk for 750 and sold for 1800.When I get done I'll post a list of expenses.I still think its been the most fun build I've ever done,the bargin shopping was even kind of fun.
      Ron Schwarz

    9. #529
      Join Date
      May 2007
      Location
      Houston, Tx
      Posts
      2,200
      Country Flag: United States
      this is the type of build more magazines need to pick up on... the hardcore budget... dont consider labor, assume you are doing it yourself sort of deal, where the only expenses are out of pocket parts... I think this is an awesome thread because it puts a tear in the argument for the guys that "pro touring cars are all high buck rich guy cars" this is a badass car that people could build if they wanted to put in the effort and time... keep it up ron, your doing a killer job
      Colin Russ

    10. #530
      Join Date
      Aug 2008
      Location
      new braunfels, tx
      Posts
      545
      Country Flag: United States
      if the day ever comes that you have to sell i will be first in line to buy. beautiful man, i love it.

    11. #531
      Join Date
      Oct 2004
      Location
      Charlotte, NC
      Posts
      795

      I can't wait to see it in person

      Really looking forward to GA now.

      Tell you what...I will let you drive mine if I can drive yours, a lot like swapping wives. LOL

    12. #532
      Join Date
      Mar 2005
      Location
      Southampton, NY
      Posts
      207
      Wow, that is awesome Ron!

    13. #533
      Join Date
      Oct 2004
      Location
      St.Anne Il
      Posts
      3,924
      Country Flag: United States
      looking great Ron ..love that pic..makes me wish i was heading to the GA event now..
      Darrin Stalnecker
      1969 Camaro Convert full pt pr
      2007 Corvette Supercharged
      1968 Camaro LS1 T56
      http://www.fquick.com/dropit69

    14. #534
      Join Date
      Dec 2005
      Location
      Maryland
      Posts
      1,863
      Country Flag: United States
      Thanks for the compliments guys,you've got my head so big,I've got to prop it up with a stick,for fear of smashing my computer monitor.LOL.Watch yourself with that wife swap coment Payton.LOL
      Ron Schwarz

    15. #535
      Join Date
      May 2008
      Posts
      75
      that thing looks so mean....... i just hid my wallet and lunch money

    16. #536
      Join Date
      Aug 2004
      Location
      Dunwoody, GA
      Posts
      4,983
      Country Flag: United States
      I just realized I may have jury duty for the GA event. If not, I can't wait to see this car.
      Trey

      "The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese."
      ~ Jon Hammond

      1979 WS6 Trans Am stock LT1/T56 drive train out of my Formula. BMW M-parallel rims. C5/C6 brakes

      build thread https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...ghlight=begins

    17. #537
      Join Date
      Dec 2005
      Location
      Maryland
      Posts
      1,863
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by Mr.VENGEANCE View Post

      You know I'm old,I had to Google Fap.I should have known
      Ron Schwarz

    18. #538
      Join Date
      Apr 2006
      Location
      Atlanta GA
      Posts
      7,477

    19. #539
      Join Date
      Jan 2006
      Location
      Snohomish, Washington
      Posts
      2,235
      Country Flag: United States
      LoL this one on a dictonary website.

      (no parents in your house):
      You: *fap fap fap*

      (with parents in your house):
      You: *fap fap fap*
      Your mother: (opens door) Son i need that...
      You: *fap* HOLY SHHI- (falls down the bed, grabs everything and does a tornado flip)
      Your mother: (closes the door)
      You: FFFFUUUUUU...
      Matt

    20. #540
      Join Date
      Dec 2005
      Location
      Maryville, TN
      Posts
      844
      Yeah dude... this thing gets cooler every time I see it.

      Dan
      A.K.A: That bald guy
      Find me on Facebook or my personal website.

      - 67 Camaro: Current Project Car

    Page 27 of 121 FirstFirst ... 17 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 37 77 ... LastLast



    Advertise on Pro-Touring.com