Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

    Login / Register




    Page 15 of 121 FirstFirst ... 5 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 25 65 115 ... LastLast
    Results 281 to 300 of 2412
    1. #281
      Join Date
      Nov 2002
      Location
      state of confusion
      Posts
      1,499
      Country Flag: United States
      I think in the TCP car the front flares would look better if a convex contour was maintained ahead of and behind instead of becoming essentially straight (looking down). Straight lines tend to end up looking concave, and the early Mustang's fender peak only serves to make it more noticeable. I don't think it would require much convex shaping to look a lot cleaner, just that it have some.




      Norm
      '08 GT coupe, 5M, suspension unstockish (the occasional track toy)
      '19 WRX, Turbo-H4/6M (the family sedan . . . seriously)
      Gone but not forgotten dep't:
      '01 Maxima 20AE 5M, '10 LGT 6M, '95 626, V6/5M; '79 Malibu, V8/4M-5M; '87 Maxima, V6/5M; '72 Pinto, I4/4M; '64 Dodge V8/3A


    2. #282
      Join Date
      May 2007
      Location
      Houston, Tx
      Posts
      2,200
      Country Flag: United States
      Have you considered making a vent into the wheel well and plumb it to be functional in cooling the brakes? Just a thought...anywhoo where are you on the budget?
      Colin Russ

    3. #283
      Join Date
      Dec 2005
      Location
      Maryland
      Posts
      1,863
      Country Flag: United States
      The budget got busted on my mad dash to get to RTTH.I'm floating around $5900.00.Everything is here except the windsheild and a gallon of paint.Thought about functioal vents,but thats more time and money.I NEED TO DRIVE SOMETHING!!Ron

    4. #284
      Join Date
      Dec 2005
      Location
      Maryland
      Posts
      1,863
      Country Flag: United States
      Trying the IMSA Monza look,what do you think?Ron


    5. #285
      Join Date
      Jul 2008
      Location
      Kansas City, MO
      Posts
      42
      This car keeps looking sicker everytime you update!!! I kinda liked the fender wells that you had fabbed before but maybe incorporating those vents in with them. Really though to pick I would say you need to get the fronts atleast on one side fabbed up to see which one is better for the whole car. Maybe do a combination of the two?!?! I'm really loving both of them though. This thing is ridiculous and your skills are crazy. Can't wait for more.
      - Project QIKENUF is finally underway and taking shape.
      https://www.pro-touring.com/forum/sh...ad.php?t=46490

    6. #286
      Join Date
      Dec 2007
      Location
      Bakersfield,CA.
      Posts
      120
      That looks great. I didn't think I would... but I like it better than the flares.

    7. #287
      Join Date
      Dec 2005
      Location
      Maryland
      Posts
      1,863
      Country Flag: United States
      I'm down to the 2 of them,either with possible vents.Walk around it a couple more times tomorrow then flip a coin.LOL.I've got to keep reminding myself of what this project is.Grunge,lack of perfection touring.Its not supposed to be perfect,originally I told myself I'd attach the quarters with zip screws,for easy replacement{I may still}Ron

    8. #288
      Join Date
      Apr 2006
      Posts
      1,027
      thats it ron, go with that look, killer killer killer

    9. #289
      Join Date
      Dec 2005
      Location
      Birmingham, AL
      Posts
      3,355
      Country Flag: United States
      I like the second look better. The flares were cool, but that second look really adds a lot to the car. It will be a cool view from the top, similar to the 70's Vettes where it pinches in at the doors and the front and rear fenders have a nice curve to them.

    10. #290
      Join Date
      Dec 2005
      Location
      Birmingham, AL
      Posts
      3,355
      Country Flag: United States
      Oh, BTW, if you want to make some money off of the car, I will give you 6-7K when you finish it up. Of course, that wouldn't take into account the shear hours you put in the car. Have you added that up???

    11. #291
      Join Date
      Jan 2006
      Location
      McKinney, TX
      Posts
      1,623
      Country Flag: United States
      I vote for the latest flares, MUCH more classy and realistic. For inexpensive paint and supplies, go to - www.paintforcars.com
      66 Mustang "Project: Ballin on a budget"
      89 Mustang "Box Wine"

    12. #292
      Join Date
      Dec 2005
      Location
      Maryville, TN
      Posts
      844
      Hmmm... yeah, I'm having a hard time deciding also. I like them both. The only thing I don't like about the "monza look" is the doors sometimes look out of place (referencing other cars I've seen done like that in my head here). I can't tell from your pictures if the angle coming off the fender is steep enough to give it that look, and sort of assuming you'd do something similar in the front (?)... that'd be the only reason I wouldn't go that route. I gotta say though... I really like the first one too...

      LOL Count me as neutral.

      Dan
      A.K.A: That bald guy
      Find me on Facebook or my personal website.

      - 67 Camaro: Current Project Car

    13. #293
      Join Date
      Aug 2006
      Posts
      484
      i do prefer the flares that Maier racing sells just look at charlie libbys mustang yours has inspired me though here is my build
      https://www.pro-touring.com/forum/sh...ad.php?t=48253
      but i am at 14k right now i do not know how you r keeping to your budget i love this buildskeep the pics comming...

    14. #294
      Join Date
      Sep 2004
      Location
      Wilmington NC
      Posts
      242
      Country Flag: United States
      I don't think you could go wrong with either look.
      I would probably go with which ever one is easiest at this point to keep rolling

    15. #295
      Join Date
      Feb 2006
      Location
      Southern California
      Posts
      660
      Country Flag: United States
      I think it looks great. I really liked the look of the late model Mustang flares or wheel opening, too bad you couldn't incorporate both. Nice work and I love this build.


      Ron

      "If at first you don't succeed Skydiving is not for you"

      1970 Z28
      Scott Mock C6 Subframe, Ridetech RJoint 4 link
      LSX454
      Anvil Auto - through the build

    16. #296
      Join Date
      Oct 2007
      Location
      Wa
      Posts
      567
      Man, the second version looks SICK!

    17. #297
      Join Date
      Dec 2005
      Location
      Maryland
      Posts
      1,863
      Country Flag: United States
      One more time.Vents,too much,not enough?the pipe beneath it,is what the exhaust passes thru,and will be shaped to the rocker.Ron


    18. #298
      Join Date
      Nov 2004
      Location
      LYNCHBURG,OHIO
      Posts
      512
      Country Flag: United States
      I think the vents look right. The exstention you added tothe leading egde makes it look proportioned to the flaired quarters.
      Greg Tholen
      GT Motorsports
      Dealer for Wilwood,Baer,Viking,Moser,BMR,Earl's
      (937)763-7272

    19. #299
      Join Date
      Aug 2007
      Posts
      156
      Quote Originally Posted by 57hemicuda
      One more time.Vents,too much,not enough?the pipe beneath it,is what the exhaust passes thru,and will be shaped to the rocker.Ron
      I like the way the quarters are looking the vents are a must in my book this car reminds me of this cyclone a little.

      http://www.robisonracing.com/home.html
      71 Torino HT
      351w
      Aod Trans
      Project Updates https://www.pro-touring.com/forum/sh...ad.php?t=37854

    20. #300
      Join Date
      Dec 2005
      Location
      Birmingham, AL
      Posts
      3,355
      Country Flag: United States
      That last look works for me. This car is really shaping up nicely. It is going to look like a real streetfighter.

    Page 15 of 121 FirstFirst ... 5 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 25 65 115 ... LastLast



    Advertise on Pro-Touring.com