Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

    Login / Register




    Page 14 of 121 FirstFirst ... 4 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 24 64 114 ... LastLast
    Results 261 to 280 of 2412
    1. #261
      Join Date
      Jan 2006
      Location
      McKinney, TX
      Posts
      1,623
      Country Flag: United States
      I like the way this one looks.



      66 Mustang "Project: Ballin on a budget"
      89 Mustang "Box Wine"


    2. #262
      Join Date
      Dec 2005
      Location
      Maryland
      Posts
      1,863
      Country Flag: United States
      Thanks Shaun,thats exactly what I was looking for,but couldn't seem to find.Mine will be alittle bigger and more obnoxious then that,but with the width and exaggerated nature of the whole car,I think it will be a good fit.Do you have anymore shots of that car,it looks pretty good from that shot.Thanks again.Ron

    3. #263
      Join Date
      Nov 2001
      Location
      Sacramento Ca
      Posts
      6,827
      Country Flag: United States
      That's the Unique performance shelby car.


      Tony Langlois
      1966 Corvair Monza

    4. #264
      Join Date
      Dec 2005
      Location
      Maryland
      Posts
      1,863
      Country Flag: United States
      Thanks Tony,beautiful car,mine looks about a foot wider and 3 inches lower then that though.The width on the factory C5 subframe is crazy wide.Ron

    5. #265
      Join Date
      Nov 2001
      Location
      Sacramento Ca
      Posts
      6,827
      Country Flag: United States
      Yours is eleventybillion times cooler too!
      Tony Langlois
      1966 Corvair Monza

    6. #266
      Join Date
      Aug 2007
      Location
      Snohomish,Wa.
      Posts
      364
      Quote Originally Posted by TonyL
      Yours is eleventybillion times cooler too!
      Co-signed .. Wait, How much is eleventybillion?

      Very cool project. Cant wait to see this one done. awesome work!
      Roger

    7. #267
      Join Date
      Dec 2006
      Location
      Out of the Burbs of Detroit to SoCal, then onto my ancestral homeland, the woods of Cascadia
      Posts
      1,753
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by 72tunaboat
      Co-signed .. Wait, How much is eleventybillion?

      Very cool project. Cant wait to see this one done. awesome work!
      11,000,000,000? 110,000,000,000? Ummmm How about alot?

    8. #268
      Join Date
      Dec 2005
      Location
      Maryland
      Posts
      1,863
      Country Flag: United States
      Ok,figured how I'm doing the exhaust,dummying up the flares I built,I'm not really sure I'm in love with them either,I'm finding its kind of hard to cover up 5 inches of tire.Truefully,what do you think?You won't hurt my feelings,I hate to back to the drawing board,but I will if they don't grow on me.Ron
      Attached Images Attached Images  

    9. #269
      Join Date
      Dec 2005
      Location
      Birmingham, AL
      Posts
      3,355
      Country Flag: United States
      I like em. It has a late 80's Porsche feel to it with the fastback roof lines. Maybe you could make a side brake scoop like the blue car pictured above molded into the fender.

    10. #270
      Join Date
      Dec 2004
      Location
      Beaufort , NC
      Posts
      1,849
      Country Flag: United States
      The flairs do have the 80's Porsche Ruf look about them. They will be good.....
      1968 F100 sb full vic chassis swap
      1965 Mustang coupe 347 5 spd cheap touring SOLD
      2003 Porsche 996 Outlaw LS2 swap SOLD
      1992 Lexus SC400 daily SOLD
      1966 Porsche 912 Outlaw SOLD
      1968 Ford F-100 sb SOLD

    11. #271
      Join Date
      Oct 2007
      Location
      Southeastern MA
      Posts
      92
      I like it. I've actually considered a similar apraoch to a 65 Nova I'm building. Go for it-they look great!

    12. #272
      Join Date
      Dec 2005
      Location
      Birmingham, AL
      Posts
      3,355
      Country Flag: United States
      Just stumbled across this car on the Forgeline site. I thought maybe it would help you out with the flares. http://www.forgeline.com/customer_ga...ew.php?cvk=222

    13. #273
      Join Date
      Nov 2005
      Posts
      7
      Those flares look mean.

    14. #274
      Join Date
      Jan 2006
      Location
      McKinney, TX
      Posts
      1,623
      Country Flag: United States
      I'm lovin' the flares. I agree with stated above too. Looking hot!!
      66 Mustang "Project: Ballin on a budget"
      89 Mustang "Box Wine"

    15. #275
      Join Date
      Dec 2007
      Location
      Bakersfield,CA.
      Posts
      120
      First of all... lovin' what you are doing with that car. Love the flares. My first thought when I saw them was like the other guys... Porshe widebody.

      Now let me preface my next statement by saying that you are light years ahead of me in the fab department and you could button that thing up now and we would all aplaud. That being said, I think it would look cooler if they didn't jet out from the body so... all of the sudden. Maybe a little gentler transition from the quarter into the flare. Like where the 1/4 and the flare meet. And pull the bottoms of the flares (toward the rocker) a little tighter in to show a little bit of tire toward the bottom.

      After saying that, I feel like such a jerk. I have done none of what you have and here I am armchair quarterbacking you into the shop. Gotta say, though, your car has motivated me to think a bit outside the accepted norm. I am traditionally a Ford guy, but you have gotten me outside the generally accepted lines of hot rodding and enjoying what we build. Thank you for that.

    16. #276
      Join Date
      Apr 2001
      Location
      The Netherlands
      Posts
      1,507
      Country Flag: Netherlands
      first thing I thought was Porsche 911 rear.....guess I am not alone in that.

      It will look very extreme....
      and that is cool !
      1st 2nd
      Pro-Touring outside the USA !
      Martin's Camaro Page

    17. #277
      Join Date
      Dec 2005
      Location
      Maryland
      Posts
      1,863
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by cantvalve16
      First of all... lovin' what you are doing with that car. Love the flares. My first thought when I saw them was like the other guys... Porshe widebody.

      Now let me preface my next statement by saying that you are light years ahead of me in the fab department and you could button that thing up now and we would all aplaud. That being said, I think it would look cooler if they didn't jet out from the body so... all of the sudden. Maybe a little gentler transition from the quarter into the flare. Like where the 1/4 and the flare meet. And pull the bottoms of the flares (toward the rocker) a little tighter in to show a little bit of tire toward the bottom.

      After saying that, I feel like such a jerk. I have done none of what you have and here I am armchair quarterbacking you into the shop. Gotta say, though, your car has motivated me to think a bit outside the accepted norm. I am traditionally a Ford guy, but you have gotten me outside the generally accepted lines of hot rodding and enjoying what we build. Thank you for that.
      Feedback is what I'm looking for, thanks.The flare in the pic is just hanging there and does curve in more at the bottom front and back{I just didn't want to tack too tight}This is probably revision 17,I even tried bulging the whole quarter panel,but it is just too much tire to have to cover up.The quarter is now bulged about 2.5" with a 3" flare.I thought I was the only one that saw the 911 widebody{not that there is anything wrong with that,I love those cars}.Thanks for the feedback.Ron

    18. #278
      Join Date
      Aug 2007
      Location
      Albemarle, NC
      Posts
      1,170
      Country Flag: United States
      with your fab talents, why not just widen the whole body? put a X-inch strip the whole way down the car to make it cover? there was a falcon in a mag recently done like that, thats why i thought of it.

      Michael
      Michael Crawford

      1970 plymouth Duster back under construction:
      https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...uring-makeover

      1987 GMC S15 https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...ct-drivabeater

    19. #279
      Join Date
      Jan 2006
      Location
      McKinney, TX
      Posts
      1,623
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by dusterbd13
      with your fab talents, why not just widen the whole body? put a X-inch strip the whole way down the car to make it cover? there was a falcon in a mag recently done like that, thats why i thought of it.

      Michael
      Hmm.... that is a good idea..

      Another thing (if you haven't done it already) is to slice open the top of the quarters/fenders and add some material there. That way it would be a little sleeker. That is if you haven't already did this. Just let me get a couple cups of coffee in me and I'll start rattling off some more ideas. I LOVE the out side of the box. Too bad I also drive a 66 Mustang. Ohh well....

      Like this

      66 Mustang "Project: Ballin on a budget"
      89 Mustang "Box Wine"

    20. #280
      Join Date
      Dec 2005
      Location
      Maryland
      Posts
      1,863
      Country Flag: United States
      Here is a company that did exactly that,scroll down http://www.totalcontrolproducts.com/...fications.html in my opinion looks great.But they did not have the extreme tire coverage issues I have to deal with.I did try putting a quarter panel over the existing an bulging it back,and it just looked stupid.The front fenders however are getting that treatment along with the flares.We'll see,maybee I'll push it outside and see how I like it.Ron

    Page 14 of 121 FirstFirst ... 4 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 24 64 114 ... LastLast



    Advertise on Pro-Touring.com