Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

    Login / Register




    Page 110 of 121 FirstFirst ... 10 60 100 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 120 ... LastLast
    Results 2,181 to 2,200 of 2412
    1. #2181
      Join Date
      May 2007
      Location
      Mooresville, Indiana
      Posts
      1,874
      Country Flag: United States
      Great video Ron! I kind of like the rear facing camera....



    2. #2182
      Join Date
      Mar 2009
      Location
      Wake Forest,NC
      Posts
      843
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by Ron S View Post
      Chad from Motorstate just sent me this (Thanks Chad). Its a shame the camera was reversed, saw Jimi spin in first lap, and Tim spin in the second, so through attrition I was first in that session.LOL

      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XAF7oQ5zAjU
      Jimi started to catch you after my spin, you didn't have a rabbit to chase any more .
      That was the most fun I've had on the track Ron!
      Dirt Track Tom was putting on a show in my mirror hanging the tail out, I almost missed a few turns watching the show lol!

    3. #2183
      Join Date
      Dec 2005
      Location
      Maryland
      Posts
      1,863
      Country Flag: United States
      You need to come to the Ohio/Pittsburg event Tim, I won't know how to drive without my rabbit. I'll have to put Tom in front of me, the SOB ran faster then me too in Michigan.LOL
      Ron Schwarz

    4. #2184
      Join Date
      Feb 2011
      Location
      Mid-Michigan
      Posts
      136
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by 71RS/SS396 View Post
      Jimi started to catch you after my spin, you didn't have a rabbit to chase any more .
      That was the most fun I've had on the track Ron!
      Dirt Track Tom was putting on a show in my mirror hanging the tail out, I almost missed a few turns watching the show lol!
      lol, Tim I was with DTT when you spun in 11 then we went off if 1... I'm sure he was off his game after seeing you miss 11, such that he passes the first two braking markers in 1 before touching the whoa pedal! Toms says "Hang on Aaron" in a very calm and collected voice...my reply (as we are offroading north of 60mph, heading to the sand trap) "holding on Tom!" He had a great save and avoided the sand box. That was the most fun I've ever had in a car, well...err, umm, on a track.

      Quote Originally Posted by Ron S View Post
      You need to come to the Ohio/Pittsburg event Tim, I won't know how to drive without my rabbit. I'll have to put Tom in front of me, the SOB ran faster then me too in Michigan.LOL
      Farrington is stepping up his game isn't he Ron? I was impressed with his speed on the track. He mush have 300+ pounds on the Mustang.
      Aaron
      65 Chevelle, LS1 with a T56
      Project G-Velle

    5. #2185
      Join Date
      Dec 2005
      Location
      Maryland
      Posts
      1,863
      Country Flag: United States
      The last time we ran full course was 2 years ago, looking at the lap times from then to now is actually funny. I was 5 seconds faster then 2 years ago, Tom was 12 seconds faster. In looking at the times and the cast of characters from 2 years ago,I beat Randy Bells time, who I consider one of the best drivers in our little group(granted I have 100 more hp then Randy) All of us were right around Vinn's time(who was driving Jakes old race car). Just goes to show how much we have all improved.
      Ron Schwarz

    6. #2186
      Join Date
      May 2007
      Location
      Mooresville, Indiana
      Posts
      1,874
      Country Flag: United States
      Alright, not to hijack Ron's thread, but here is a video from our Chevelle on the Same run session that Ron had the rear facing Gopro. Kind of cool...

      http://youtu.be/a4oRvpyLNjM

    7. #2187
      Join Date
      Dec 2005
      Location
      Maryland
      Posts
      1,863
      Country Flag: United States
      Thanks Tom, here are the lap times from 2 years ago and now. Karl's collaboration with Chis was worth 11 seconds or so, way to go Karl. Its funny how the the fast guys got faster, but not near as much as the medium guys.



      Ron Schwarz

    8. #2188
      Join Date
      Feb 2014
      Location
      Boise , Idaho
      Posts
      320
      Country Flag: United States
      Hey Ron , really have enjoyed reading through this thread . Have you considered offset racing stripes for the car or even two tone like some of the cars seen here ? White and black down the middle or the side might look pretty cool and keep you out of the crowd .

      Name:  ford-racing-livery-1280.jpg
Views: 3411
Size:  125.2 KB

    9. #2189
      Join Date
      Dec 2005
      Location
      Maryland
      Posts
      1,863
      Country Flag: United States
      Right before I went to optima I freshened the paint up. I thought long and hard about doing a color change, and some Ford stripes. In the end I figured the car is kind of known in this color, and I would let it keep it's identity. Somebody needs to find me a good color for my AMX.
      Ron Schwarz

    10. #2190
      Join Date
      Nov 2002
      Location
      state of confusion
      Posts
      1,499
      Country Flag: United States
      Well, AMC did have some racing history with red/white/blue color schemes . . .


      Norm
      '08 GT coupe, 5M, suspension unstockish (the occasional track toy)
      '19 WRX, Turbo-H4/6M (the family sedan . . . seriously)
      Gone but not forgotten dep't:
      '01 Maxima 20AE 5M, '10 LGT 6M, '95 626, V6/5M; '79 Malibu, V8/4M-5M; '87 Maxima, V6/5M; '72 Pinto, I4/4M; '64 Dodge V8/3A

    11. #2191
      Join Date
      Jun 2014
      Posts
      20
      Country Flag: United States
      So what ever happened with this car?

    12. #2192
      Join Date
      Dec 2005
      Location
      Maryland
      Posts
      1,863
      Country Flag: United States
      This poor car has set all winter in the garage accumulating dust. Loved the crazy patterns in the dust made by the local beetles. Pulled it out today washed and took it for a cruise, actually made it to a car show today. Forgot how cool our P/T cars are compared to everything else.



      Ron Schwarz

    13. #2193
      Join Date
      Aug 2002
      Location
      Waleska Ga.
      Posts
      2,722
      Country Flag: United States
      sweet good to see her again! Would love to go cruzzin in the Tenn mountains again!
      David Sloan

      If you’re suggesting sending men with weapons of war to take my weapons of war,then I’m fairly certain that’s what’s called an act of war… and the definition of tyranny.which coincidentally is the reason for the second amendment to begin with!


      https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...ght=fun+camaro

      https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...lcamino-build!

    14. #2194
      Join Date
      Dec 2005
      Location
      Maryland
      Posts
      1,863
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by David Sloan View Post
      sweet good to see her again! Would love to go cruzzin in the Tenn mountains again!

      I think my favorite picture of this car is you and I cruising the Tail Of The Dragon.

      Ron Schwarz

    15. #2195
      Join Date
      Jun 2014
      Posts
      27
      Country Flag: Sweden
      awesome inspiration for me as i found an ex racecar shell,65 fastback with everything fiberglass but cut up wheelarches at the rear for just 700usd,new quarters and build a track car,thanx for sharing

      //Janne

    16. #2196
      Join Date
      Dec 2013
      Posts
      179
      Country Flag: United States
      just finished all 110 pages..O_O

      anywho.. 3 things...
      1) if you blended your rear valance into your pseudo diffuser.. you would have a much smoother airflow out the back

      2) hood vents with corresponding engine bay belly pans? seems like with the design of your cooling system, you would benefit greatly with that sort of combo

      3) i dont recall what you ended up doing clutch wise but.. why not a tilton or quarter master twin or triple?


      amazing build and lots of neat ideas for my own build. keep it up . nice to see a another 'local' guy building something this awesome

    17. #2197
      Join Date
      Aug 2002
      Location
      Waleska Ga.
      Posts
      2,722
      Country Flag: United States
      Yes i have to agree! my favorite as well!


      Quote Originally Posted by Ron S View Post
      I think my favorite picture of this car is you and I cruising the Tail Of The Dragon.

      David Sloan

      If you’re suggesting sending men with weapons of war to take my weapons of war,then I’m fairly certain that’s what’s called an act of war… and the definition of tyranny.which coincidentally is the reason for the second amendment to begin with!


      https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...ght=fun+camaro

      https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...lcamino-build!

    18. #2198
      Join Date
      Mar 2005
      Location
      Woodbine, MD
      Posts
      2,770
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by Ron S View Post
      I think my favorite picture of this car is you and I cruising the Tail Of The Dragon.

      ah the good ol Tail of the Dragon. Funny thing...I was looking over the pics of my car on the dragon from the 2012 RTTH and was going to purchase every one of them. By far the best pics ever.

      What car show did you go to? I feel like we need to cruise to shows at some point since we are somewhat local.
      Douglas Lutes
      1988 Monte Carlo SS

      "Never race anything you can't afford to set on fire and push off a cliff."

    19. #2199
      Join Date
      Dec 2005
      Location
      Maryland
      Posts
      1,863
      Country Flag: United States
      Its funny Doug, I never go to car shows, I have done cars and coffee at Hunt Valley a few times just to clean the carbon off the pistons. I like that because its in by 9AM out by 11 AM. Fathers day weekend I took my Dad to a show down in Fallston, he wanted to show off the 37 Ford he just finished, and I really needed an excuse to clean mine up and stretch its legs. It was a nice Saturday, checking out some cars, and buying my dad a steak for Fathers Day.
      Ron Schwarz

    20. #2200
      Join Date
      Mar 2013
      Posts
      308
      Country Flag: United States
      Awesome build. It has taken me almost all day to go over it off and on. Your skills a maze me.




    Advertise on Pro-Touring.com