Results 1 to 20 of 21
Thread: 40x60 Shop/Loft
-
01-04-2008 #1
40x60 Shop/Loft
Hey guys,
So I'm going to be breaking ground on my shop here in the near future and I was wondering if you guys have any info./experience with this? I have bought regular "single family" real estate before as well as just "bare land" but I have never actually built before from the ground up... I'm kinda nervous about he whole thing due to the unknown variables that come up in the process from time to time.
Nonetheless, I have a half acre here in the Portland area that is perfectly flat and suitable to build my shop on.
What I'm looking to do is build my shop (40x60) with a lofted living quarters (30x40). Tall eaves with RV doors. Not "pole barn" style, I'm planning stick built.
-Do any of you guys have something like this? Pics would be awesome!!
-Where do you find plans for something like this? I've looked all over the net and can't seem to find "exactly" what I'm looking for....? You guys know of any links to a plan such as I'm looking for?
-Any suggestions of things to look for in my search of a plan?
Any help would be appreciated!!! Thanks guys
Travis
-
01-04-2008 #2
Registered User
- Join Date
- Apr 2006
- Posts
- 1,027
heres a link to my shop with living space above, shop specs are 50x50, a 10x50 side, 30x50 clear span in the middle and 20x50 for spraybooth and finish bay.
http://picasaweb.google.com/JakeParr...ODSHOPShopPics
built myself, used 90% length dormers to give great space and add character(upstairs is 30x50), however in a residential mortgage setting you wil only get about 60% of the commercial value in an appraisal as no normal person needs that kind of shop space.fyi
goodluck
01-04-2008 #3



Reply With Quote