Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

    Login / Register




    Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Results 21 to 32 of 32
    1. #21
      Join Date
      Dec 2007
      Posts
      284
      Quote Originally Posted by Steve Firebird View Post
      Your car looks great. I need some friends like you have. Good luck no matter what you do.
      Having friends in the biz makes things cheaper and quicker for sure



    2. #22
      Join Date
      Dec 2007
      Posts
      284

      New Shoes

      Well autocrossing on 225/70/15 pacemarks was not the hot ticket so I decided to at least upgrade the wheel tire package before my second go round.

      Year one cast snowflakes with some junk 275/40/17 tires for now.






    3. #23
      Join Date
      Sep 2009
      Posts
      159
      Nice looking bird! Love those aftermarket replicas

    4. #24
      Join Date
      Jul 2006
      Location
      Lake Tillery NC
      Posts
      841
      Country Flag: United States
      Looks Good!! I see you must have got hooked on the autocrossing down at PSMC!! You coming to RTTH?
      Michael Tucker
      Project "Trouble" 1969 Camaro DSE subframe, quadrilink, 13" wilwood brakes, Rated X Rushforths, LS2/T56
      1968 Camaro

    5. #25
      Join Date
      Oct 2009
      Location
      Sleepy Hollow,IL
      Posts
      336
      Awesome project. Looks way better than mine did when I started. Second gens make great race cars. I discovered auto crossing on the Power Tour and was hooked. I converted mt 75 TA from drag race to auto cross. Car rides and handles like a new car. This was two weekends ago. Had a blast. Last year I ran with 255/60/15 and 275/60/15 tires. Finished dead last. This year I didn't finish last. Close, but not last Need some seat time and a class or two. What a different set of skills than drag racing.
      Last edited by Taman; 08-21-2010 at 06:50 PM. Reason: added to
      Everything Under the Sun is Intune
      Chris
      http://www.popularhotrodding.com/fea..._am/index.html

    6. #26
      Join Date
      Mar 2007
      Location
      Florida
      Posts
      2,391
      Country Flag: United States
      Car looks nice with the new paint and wheels!

    7. #27
      Join Date
      Jan 2010
      Location
      Delaware
      Posts
      689
      It sure does look nice. I wish some of those earlier pics in the thread were working. I don't think I ever saw that factory color.....?
      1973 Trans Am 455 SR block, ported 6x-8 heads, solid cam, Victor intake, 830 CSU carb, aluminum rods, 77mm Garrett turbo and methanol injection. 1064hp at the flywheel@5500 rpm

    8. #28
      Join Date
      Dec 2007
      Posts
      284
      I edited the links in the earlier pictures, thanks for the comments!

      Mike While going to RTTH is fun on its own, it's more fun to participate for sure. So since I was planning on going anyway might as well run! I am registered for the autocross and cruise, no point in drag racing or stop contest really so I won't be doing those.

      TAMAN Chris, I have read your thread several times, not sure which suspension package to go with yet but probably something similar to yours. I am not really new to autocross, well I am as a driver, but have been around road racing and such for about 15 years now, just never driven lol.

      Well I did race go carts a few times against Emerson Fittipaldi once!

      The factory code for the paint is 57, from what I read, and I believe this is the way GM operated, the last production year of the car they offered some additional color options in order to sell the cars, usually nobody wanted to buy before a new body style is introduced, so they would entice buyers with new options to get the buyers in.

      Heres a video of me autocrossing at PSMC2


    9. #29
      Join Date
      Sep 2007
      Location
      Buford, GA
      Posts
      923
      Country Flag: United States
      Looking good! Definitely need to do something about the altitude!
      Adam
      1985 S10 - LT1 + T56
      1964 Chevy II 4-Door - LS1 + T56

    10. #30
      Join Date
      Dec 2008
      Location
      Clearwater, FL
      Posts
      199
      You have done an awesome job on that T/A. I would throw some frame connectors, cage and some power to it. The car looks great and the fact that you already have time and money in it makes it even more of a reason to keep it. The 17" Flakes on it look sweet. I would get some 275/40ZR17 Kumho Ecsta XS's like Mary Pozzi runs and have at it. I enjoy reading these threads, it gives me inspiration.
      SOLD: 1993 Saleen Mustang #20, 1 of 56 Hatchbacks, 17" Sterns, Black & Gold.
      www.fquick.com/SS1156
      1970 Camaro SS clone..... just getting started on it

    11. #31
      Join Date
      Aug 2008
      Location
      Southeast, Mi
      Posts
      32
      wow, that is super nice.
      are the Birds decals or painted?
      and
      what color did you go with on the birds. i love the contrast.
      1982 Grand Prix LJ: 3.8~T-top~buck/con
      1986 Grand Prix LE: 5.0~T-top~buck/con~over 35 extra cost options~you could say it's LOADED.

    12. #32
      Join Date
      Dec 2007
      Posts
      284
      Hey SS1156 and Eagle Eye thanks for the comments!

      I did buy some Kumhos 275/40/17 and am pretty happy with them, made the car much
      better in the autocross. Need to follow up with some suspension upgrades to match now.

      I also am building a 408sbc to replace the 305HO lol. Should make the car a little more fun!


      The graphics are decals purchased from Phoenix Graphics if I remember correct. For 1981 they had
      two orange colors (S1 S2) that were available. On the build sheet it does not specify which one it had originally. I bought
      the early one (S1) rather than the late one, thinking thats probably what it had but I don't know for sure.

      I like the subtle contrast though so I am happy with it.

      I will be leaving the 5.0 hood scoop decals on even though it will be a 6.6


      Rick

    Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2



    Advertise on Pro-Touring.com