Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

    Login / Register




    Results 1 to 11 of 11
    1. #1
      Join Date
      Dec 2007
      Location
      Southern New Jersey
      Posts
      10

      NOOB from New Jersey 69 Camaro vert

      Hey all!

      Great site you have here. I have a 69 Camaro Convertible. It has a 412 sb built by Jenkins Competition and a single stage 150hp nitrous setup. I have a built Th350 (blown up now) and a 12 bolt with a mini spool and 4.11 gears. I have a bulletproof (so they say) 700R4 to install. The body is original and in decent shape. The car is a great 20 footer. I recently decided to go the Pro Touring route with it. I'm not sure where to start. The car isn't very streetable with 12.5-1 compression. It only runs on race gas. I was thinking about getting the ZZ383 and either getting a blower or keep the nitrous. As far as suspension, I'm open to suggestions. I already did a bunch of undercarriage work. I replaced all of the body mounts, installed frame connectors, CalTrac bars, new leaf springs and perches, and shocks. I need to replace the front end now and not sure to go with DSE, BMR, Hotchkis, etc. I want to do upper and lower tubular A arms, coil overs, and front and rear disc conversion.

      Any ideas of which company to go with?? I attached a couple of before pics. It was a solid car, but it handled like a 73 lincoln continental! It had air shocks and the front end needs a lot of work. I replaced those outdated Cragars with TT2's.

      I also attached a pic of my other baby. A full custom 2006 Saleen Supercharged Mustang GT Convertible.
      Attached Images Attached Images      

    2. #2
      Join Date
      Sep 2004
      Location
      Southern NJ
      Posts
      542
      Country Flag: United States
      Welcome! Glad to see someone else from Southern NJ.
      Matt
      1965 Pontiac GTO – Spotts 421 Tripower | TKO600 | 3.90s | Vintage AC | Baers | Hotchkis/SPC/BMR Suspension | Intro Vistas | BFG KDW Redlines | 06 GTO Seats

    3. #3
      Join Date
      Oct 2005
      Location
      Odessa mo.
      Posts
      925
      Country Flag: United States
      I just bought all dse front stuff for mine . Their stuff is like jewelry for the car Now I just need to get my garage cleared out.

    4. #4
      Join Date
      Oct 2004
      Location
      St.Anne Il
      Posts
      3,924
      Country Flag: United States
      welcome ..sweet rides that Saleen is bad ass !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
      Darrin Stalnecker
      1969 Camaro Convert full pt pr
      2007 Corvette Supercharged
      1968 Camaro LS1 T56
      http://www.fquick.com/dropit69

    5. #5
      Join Date
      May 2007
      Location
      Houston, Tx
      Posts
      2,200
      Country Flag: United States
      sweet rides...welcome!
      Colin Russ

    6. #6
      Join Date
      Aug 2003
      Location
      Orlando, FL
      Posts
      8,745
      First off, welcome abord.

      Know the sales call since you asked. We sell everything you need for your Pro Touring conversion, multiple brands. we have Hotchkis, DSE, SpeedTech, ATS, for suspension porduct and have complete Total Car Disc Brake packages of our own making that include Wilwood components. Were kind of a one stop shop with the best prices, and just happen to build a LOT of Pro Touring cars and use the stuff everyday.

      As for your zz383 / Supeercharger or nitrous plan. BOOM!

      ZZ motors cannot take one ounce of boost or spray without changing pistons, which requires rebalancing, which cost $$$$$ by the time you done you could have bought a more purpose built motor.

      You are welcome to call anytime to dicuss your build. I do free tech calls for members, and work with builders and shops around the world helping with Pro Touring projects.

      four zero seven 832 1752

      BTW, if you are needing any Hotchkis stuff, we have a KILLER sale that ends tomorrow for Hotchkis products including discount and free shipping with some excellent net savings.

    7. #7
      Join Date
      Nov 2007
      Posts
      41
      Frank, I think your New Years resolution should be to get that website fully functional. I know you've got a ton of great stuff on there but a full listing of suspension parts, kits, brake setups & other offerings would be great.

    8. #8
      Join Date
      Aug 2003
      Location
      Orlando, FL
      Posts
      8,745
      Actually all websites are top priority. Our New Years gift was membership broke 3000 yesterday in 2 short years. A brand new up to date and maintained Prodigy Customs site is coming in January, complete with about 20 projects that are not on the old site. GPSuperstore is expanding and will have MUCH more product information, installs and reviews. And pricing will continue to be the best, along with our free tech services.

    9. #9
      Join Date
      Aug 2004
      Location
      absecon, new jersey
      Posts
      405
      Country Flag: United States
      welcome good to see another south jersey member.
      73 corvette chop top silver LS6 motor ,LS6 intake,700r4,2400 pro torque convertor ,3.70 gears,modified hooker sidepipes to fit LS1,17 x9.5 boyd starburst,nitto 275/50/17-255/50/17 tires,vb&p suspension,nitrous,L-88 headlights,autometer guages.L88 hood,flares,spreader bar,vb&p sway bars

    10. #10
      Join Date
      Dec 2007
      Location
      Southern New Jersey
      Posts
      10
      Quote Originally Posted by ProdigyCustoms
      First off, welcome abord.

      Know the sales call since you asked. We sell everything you need for your Pro Touring conversion, multiple brands. we have Hotchkis, DSE, SpeedTech, ATS, for suspension porduct and have complete Total Car Disc Brake packages of our own making that include Wilwood components. Were kind of a one stop shop with the best prices, and just happen to build a LOT of Pro Touring cars and use the stuff everyday.

      As for your zz383 / Supeercharger or nitrous plan. BOOM!

      ZZ motors cannot take one ounce of boost or spray without changing pistons, which requires rebalancing, which cost $$$$$ by the time you done you could have bought a more purpose built motor.

      You are welcome to call anytime to dicuss your build. I do free tech calls for members, and work with builders and shops around the world helping with Pro Touring projects.

      four zero seven 832 1752

      BTW, if you are needing any Hotchkis stuff, we have a KILLER sale that ends tomorrow for Hotchkis products including discount and free shipping with some excellent net savings.
      thanks for the advice... I don't want to make another expensive mistake. Maybe I'll go with plan A and get the Hardcore 427 I've been eying up. I'll definitely give a call when I figure out what I want.

    11. #11
      Join Date
      Dec 2007
      Location
      Southern New Jersey
      Posts
      10
      Quote Originally Posted by dropit69
      welcome ..sweet rides that Saleen is bad ass !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
      Thanks man.....I wish I would have caged it though. I keep getting kicked off the track! I need at least a 6pt with the drop top. My best so far has been 12.09 @ 118. I guess i need work on my launch! It's still an 11 sec car to me. I had it dyno'd not too long ago at 492hp /468 tqe....not too bad for 8psi boost.






    Advertise on Pro-Touring.com