Results 1 to 5 of 5
-
12-02-2007 #1
Registered User
- Join Date
- Oct 2007
- Location
- England
- Posts
- 28
New member from England - 1992 Mustang
I've made a couple of posts so far, but only just taken some pictures of my car.
It's a 1992 GT that I found on Ebay.co.uk. Std gearbox was mandatory, good colour and as late as reasonable.
It's my 4th Fox, I've had 2x Hatchbacks, 1x convertable and a 2.3 LX Notch.
1st thing I did was make it handle and stop. i felt the brakes were rubbish as std. Brothers performance sorted me out a suspension kit, Powered By Ford supplied the bushes and an advertiser on ebay.com sorted the 330mm front brake kit.
Best thing I did was uprate the master cylinder to a Wilwood 1 & 1/16 version, now I get decent pedal pressure
Rear brakes are a Ford Motorsport conversion I found but the parking brake is nearly useless, unfortunatly it's a legal requirement to have a good one! I'll be making my own set up useing Cosworth calipers and disks, I know the p-brake is good on those.
Engine is std short block, Edelbrock heads, 1.7 rockers, Basani Stainless headers, Trick flow inlet, 30lb injectors and QS Vortec blower kit. Exhaust is a 2.5 inch off road H pipe with hi flow mufflers and dumps - does sound good!
Trans is a std T5 and the clutch is a SPEC version. A T56 version will take it's place rather than a 600 as I don't intend going any further.


Wheels are Enkei 8x17's, 225's on the front, 255's on the rear. Had a hell of a problem finding 8's for the car,7's were easy and finding anything in 4 stud was tricky. these are rally wheels, magnesium too!

I hope you like it. It's not as wild as some of your cars, but parts availability, gas at $9/gallon and a wife that thinks it owes me $6000 ($18000 really) is slowing me down!
-
12-19-2007 #2
Registered User
- Join Date
- Dec 2007
- Posts
- 3
Nice car, good thing about the Fox bodies is there easy to work on.
12-19-2007 #3Newbie
I'm new here also.
That is a nice representation of a Fox. I am currently selling my 88LX chassis set for 9 sec runs. and building a 70 Fastback for more street and a little less strip, but it will still get some beatings.
I am finding out I should have stuck with the Fox Body as the parts are plentyful and cheap compared to the early Mustangs.
By the way isn't your steeringwheel on the wrong side of the car????
Have fun accros the pond.
Ken
Rock & Roll!
12-19-2007 #4
Registered User
- Join Date
- Oct 2007
- Location
- England
- Posts
- 28
it's still on the left! easier for curb-crawling but a bitch at the drive through!By the way isn't your steeringwheel on the wrong side of the car????
12-28-2007 #5
Starting The Transformation
- Join Date
- Nov 2006
- Posts
- 264
Tell me about it - people look at me gone out in when i get out at a car park barrier to get a ticket. lol
Originally Posted by UK-Mustang
Where in the UK are you? I've got a bit of a forum for UK Muscle car owners.
http://www.musclecarsuk.com/forums.
We have the odd rolling road day, meetup etc. Hopefully a lot more this year if we're lucky enough to have any decent weather.'79 Trans Am W72 400/4spd Y84 S/E with WS6 T-Tops LSD AC OK?
Remember, big engines are for those trying to compensate for something.



Reply With Quote



