Results 1 to 16 of 16
Thread: '70 Goat in Tampa
Threaded View
-
11-27-2007 #10
New to Pro-Touring
- Join Date
- Nov 2006
- Location
- Brandon, FL
- Posts
- 10
At this point Prodigy has done the body work, paint and some assembly, bolting the body to the chassis, hanging doors, windows etc. On Frank's recommendation I plan on using Howard at Complete Auto Upholstry to put on the convertible top so that when it somes back to me it should be a roller minus the interior. I will have alot of minor things to do that I should be able to handle and hopefully the intitial fire up will take place sometime after the new year.
Originally Posted by Vegas69
Yeah it has been a long time coming and I am stoked to see it this far along. Give you an idea, gramps passed in Feb '02, Dad and I "rescued" this one car from his collection shortly there after. We had it at another shop that basically stripped the car down, I think they lost some parts, stole some money, and shortly thereafter their business went to crap when the one competent partner left. The car sat for a couple years with promises that progress was going to be made, finally got sick of nothing being done and pulled the car and stuck it in my garage and started to look for someone else to take on the body work/paint. I was slowly plugging away at stuff I could do, and when I met Frank the motor, transmission, rear, and most of the suspension was completed, minus some minor things.
Wow, I can't imagine not seeing the car on at least a regular basis. I know what you mean about the reality check when seeing it in paint and things actually being accomplished. The stuff that I kept putting off because the car wasn't ready for it, all of sudden needs that stuff to be done....
I still haven't seen the wheels in person, Frank ordered them a while ago and they cut the wrong stud pattern so they are recutting and they should be here shortly. The tires came in yesterday so when the wheels get here hopefully we can get the tires mounted and get thsoe on the car and take a look at her.
-






Reply With Quote



