Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

    Login / Register




    Results 1 to 13 of 13
    1. #1
      Join Date
      Apr 2001
      Location
      San Jose, CA
      Posts
      4,210
      Country Flag: United States

      Wheel width 67 Camaro

      Hey guys,

      What's the widest wheel you can get on the rear of a 67 Camaro with stock wheel wells? What offset? -with a stock width rearend.

      I know rolling the fender lip will be necessary.

      I know a 9" wheel will fit. Does anyone have a 9.5" wide 17 or 18" diameter wheel on the rear?

      Thanks,
      Tony Huntimer
      RaceHome.com



    2. #2
      Join Date
      Mar 2002
      Location
      Redwood City, CA
      Posts
      1,895,413,640
      Country Flag: United States
      I've heard of quite a few with 17x9.5" wheels on the back. I'm just now sure of just how close to the lips it is.
      Allen Ortega
      Meanstreets Performance Fabrication

      ---------------------------------------

      Vegetarians are the reason for global warming

    3. #3
      Join Date
      Aug 2003
      Location
      Lavalette, WV
      Posts
      297


      That's a 17x9.5 with a 255/45-17 on it. It has clearance for a 275 (which I'll put on after the 255's wear out). Stock width 12 bolt with disc brakes. 5.5" Backspacing.
      Gary C.

    4. #4
      Join Date
      Feb 2003
      Location
      St. Louis, Missouri
      Posts
      987
      Country Flag: United States
      So doing some quick math would lead me to believe that I could put a 275 on a 10" wheel and it would still fit. Would you agree, or would you rather be safe with a 9 or 9.5.


      Edit: Nevermind, read more articles and found my answer. :icon996:

    5. #5
      Join Date
      Aug 2004
      Location
      Lawrenceburg, Indiana
      Posts
      47
      So I may be purchasing a set of Wheels at the Goodguys Show in Columbus For My 67 camaro.,

      My plan is Front is Front Disk, and Not sure on the rear. But I should Plan For it.

      There is not much info for 67's on the wheel chart.
      So Will 17.8 back spacing 4.5 up front and 17.9.5 back spacing 5.5 in the rear Work For Mine.

      I know run the ? in the ground!!!

      Thanks,
      Kevin
      * 1967 Camaro Project "Procharged"
      (Collecting Parts)
      www.cardomain.com/ride/575706
      * 1963 Corvette Split-Window
      * 1957 Chev. 2dr. Sedan

      Kevin B.

    6. #6
      Join Date
      Dec 2002
      Location
      Lost Wages, Nevada
      Posts
      2,684
      Country Flag: United States
      I'll second Gary........ and CarlC has the very same. But I think one could get away with a bs of 5.5 to 5.75" with a stocker width housing.

      17 x 9.5 / 5.5 bs with a 275/40/17 rear.

    7. #7
      Join Date
      Aug 2004
      Location
      Lawrenceburg, Indiana
      Posts
      47
      Is 17.8 w/ 4.5 backspacing on a 245/40/17 what to use on the front.

      Will i need To Roll My Back Fenders

      Thanks
      Kevin
      * 1967 Camaro Project "Procharged"
      (Collecting Parts)
      www.cardomain.com/ride/575706
      * 1963 Corvette Split-Window
      * 1957 Chev. 2dr. Sedan

      Kevin B.

    8. #8
      Join Date
      Jul 2003
      Location
      Anaheim Hills, CA
      Posts
      11,967
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by TonyHuntimerRaceHome
      Hey guys,

      What's the widest wheel you can get on the rear of a 67 Camaro with stock wheel wells? What offset? -with a stock width rearend.

      I know rolling the fender lip will be necessary.

      I know a 9" wheel will fit. Does anyone have a 9.5" wide 17 or 18" diameter wheel on the rear?

      Thanks,
      Tony Huntimer
      RaceHome.com
      Well, you should pick up this great book on building GM pro-touring cars.. can't remember the authors name but do a search ;)

      Oh, and I am pretty sure a 9.5 inch wheel will need some lip surgery..

      I suck at offsets..
      "A ship in port is safe, but that's not what ships are built for."

      1968 Track Rat Camaro:
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SGHJ5c1yLIo&t=2s

      1971 Chevelle Wagon with a few mods:
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBVPR3sRgyU

    9. #9
      Join Date
      Nov 2002
      Location
      Georgetown,TX
      Posts
      2,557
      Just installed a set of 17x8 and 17x9.5 TT II's with Falken 245/40/17 & 275/40/17 tires on a friend's 68 RS Camaro. Front backspace on the wheels is 4.5" and the rear is 5.5". Looks like everything is going to fit like a glove w/o problems.
      I finally got his Baer Track front kit in,Friday,so the car should have some better stoppers soon. Am trying to get him to come over here and register. His Camaro is Black and very nice.

    10. #10
      Join Date
      Aug 2004
      Location
      Lawrenceburg, Indiana
      Posts
      47
      Thanks, USAZR1
      That was the answer I was Looking For.

      Kevin
      * 1967 Camaro Project "Procharged"
      (Collecting Parts)
      www.cardomain.com/ride/575706
      * 1963 Corvette Split-Window
      * 1957 Chev. 2dr. Sedan

      Kevin B.

    11. #11
      Join Date
      Aug 2004
      Location
      DUBUQUE IA
      Posts
      285
      i have 17x9.5 with 275 40s and thay fit with no problem 5.5 backspace
      pro tc

    12. #12
      Join Date
      Aug 2004
      Location
      Lawrenceburg, Indiana
      Posts
      47
      Thanks, PRO TC
      I love the Stance of your Car.

      Kevin
      * 1967 Camaro Project "Procharged"
      (Collecting Parts)
      www.cardomain.com/ride/575706
      * 1963 Corvette Split-Window
      * 1957 Chev. 2dr. Sedan

      Kevin B.

    13. #13
      Join Date
      Jun 2005
      Location
      Lexington, KY
      Posts
      14
      I just installed 17x9.5 V45's w/ 5.5 Backspace on my '68 and no modifications were necessary. Also, put 17x8 w/ 4.5 Backspace on front. No problems w/ rubbing so far.




    Advertise on Pro-Touring.com