Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

    Login / Register




    Results 1 to 6 of 6
    1. #1
      Join Date
      Apr 2003
      Location
      chbg, pa
      Posts
      1,157

      Best place to buy a 4L80E?

      I need one to run behind a Ram Jet ZL1 454. Any suggestions?



    2. #2
      Join Date
      Jan 2003
      Location
      Arizona
      Posts
      5,394
      Country Flag: United States
      What kind of power does a Ram Jet ZL1 454 make? HP? TQ?
      ________________
      Steve Chryssos

    3. #3
      Join Date
      Jul 2005
      Posts
      100
      I have been working with www.bowlertransmission.com and has been great.

      Been to their shop couple times now. Great guys.

    4. #4
      Join Date
      Apr 2005
      Location
      Chicago
      Posts
      2,788
      Country Flag: United States
      I concur - Bowler is the best
      marty-mj
      GarageScene.net High Speed Welding KDHotrods RecoveryRoomInteriors WegnerAutomotive Autometer Ride-Tech

    5. #5
      Join Date
      Jun 2005
      Posts
      467
      I got my 4L80E from Hughes Performance via Sallee Chevrolet, who is a distributor for Hughes.

      Hughes builds their strret/strip 80E to handle up to 1000hp. I am using the TCI T-Com controller. So far everything is running great, and being able to tune the tranny allowed me to put in a dual personality - around town it shifts like your Dad's Buick, but as soon as the TPS gets to 47% (right where my EFI secondary blades start to open), I jack up the line pressures in each gear, and raise the shift points. Best of both worlds!

      Jim

    6. #6
      Join Date
      Nov 2004
      Location
      San Antonio, Texas
      Posts
      218




    Advertise on Pro-Touring.com