Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

    Login / Register




    Results 1 to 11 of 11
    1. #1
      Join Date
      Jul 2005
      Location
      Eastern Virginia
      Posts
      3,963
      Country Flag: United States

      3/8" tubing bender?

      What do you use to get a good clean bend in 3/8" steel line?
      Scot
      86 Monte SS


    2. #2
      Join Date
      Nov 2005
      Location
      Farmington Hills, MI
      Posts
      1,038
      I just bought some ridgid benders. I love them.

      JEff
      JEFF SHORTT
      -IDEAL STEEL


    3. #3
      Join Date
      Jun 2001
      Location
      Orlando, FL
      Posts
      10,604
      Country Flag: United States
      Ridgid benders here too. Great tool.

      jp
      ​John Parsons

      UnRivaled Rides -- Modern upgrades for your ride.

      UnRivaled Rides recent project -- LS9-powered 69 Camaro

    4. #4
      Join Date
      Jul 2005
      Location
      Eastern Virginia
      Posts
      3,963
      Country Flag: United States
      Ridgid from Home Depot?
      Scot
      86 Monte SS


    5. #5
      Join Date
      Jun 2001
      Location
      Orlando, FL
      Posts
      10,604
      Country Flag: United States
      Yup, same brand. But Home Depot doesn't carry these benders. Google "Ridgid Tubing Bender" for dealers.

      jp
      ​John Parsons

      UnRivaled Rides -- Modern upgrades for your ride.

      UnRivaled Rides recent project -- LS9-powered 69 Camaro

    6. #6
      Join Date
      Aug 2004
      Location
      San Francisco
      Posts
      281
      how do you get those coiling bends on brake lines? (I've seen them loop 6 times down!) does that take a high level of skill or the right tool with moderate skill?
      1967 Chevrolet Camaro 350/350
      1962 Chevrolet Chevy II 400 194/PG

    7. #7
      Join Date
      Mar 2007
      Location
      Florida
      Posts
      2,391
      Country Flag: United States
      I use a pole the correct diameter to wrap the brake line tubing and make the coils then cut and flare at correct lengths. No skill needed !

      John

    8. #8
      Join Date
      Jul 2005
      Location
      Eastern Virginia
      Posts
      3,963
      Country Flag: United States
      I bought a Rigid bender off of ebay last week. Got it today. Holy cow does it work good.
      Scot
      86 Monte SS


    9. #9
      Join Date
      Apr 2001
      Location
      Rockford Illinois
      Posts
      3,949
      Country Flag: United States
      Professional Plumber's do it with "Ridgid Tools"

    10. #10
      Join Date
      Jan 2006
      Posts
      464
      Trick tools makes a nice bender with a stand. It also rolls the bending die around the bend instead of sliding like the ridgid. I have a couple rigids myself, also.

      Rodger


    11. #11
      Join Date
      Apr 2007
      Location
      Colorado
      Posts
      119
      I bought one from a Cornwell tool dealer....Works like a champ and was only $25




    Advertise on Pro-Touring.com