Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

    Login / Register




    Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Results 1 to 20 of 23
    1. #1
      Join Date
      Dec 2006
      Location
      Livermore
      Posts
      53

      1965 gto convertible

      Hey there, I have been dragging my feet on introducing my self on here. I am currently building a 1965 pontiac gto convertible.

      I just thought I would come here because this crowd seems alittle bit more serious and laid back then lateral-g.net
      Attached Images Attached Images  
      1965 GTO convertible
      GM design Award winner 2009
      Still having fun with it too.

      COYBILT INC
      M-F 8-5
      925-454-1965
      10605 Altamont Pass Rd
      Livermore,CA 94551

    2. #2
      Join Date
      Jan 2006
      Location
      Snohomish, Washington
      Posts
      2,235
      Country Flag: United States
      welcome to the site! Looks like a nice project that motor looks awsome!

      Im building (well its stopped for now) a 67 GTO and plan on doing an Art Morrison Max-G chassis, as well as minitubbing.

      again welcome
      Matt

    3. #3
      Join Date
      Aug 2004
      Posts
      227
      I love the looks of that motor all raw like that. The silver is great looking. Keep the pics coming, we all love looking at them.

    4. #4
      Join Date
      Oct 2004
      Location
      St.Anne Il
      Posts
      3,924
      Country Flag: United States
      wow nice looking project..and welcome
      Darrin Stalnecker
      1969 Camaro Convert full pt pr
      2007 Corvette Supercharged
      1968 Camaro LS1 T56
      http://www.fquick.com/dropit69

    5. #5
      Join Date
      Jun 2002
      Location
      Long Island, NY
      Posts
      11,320
      Country Flag: United States
      Welcome to the site.



    6. #6
      Join Date
      Aug 2004
      Location
      Amsterdam,The Netherlands
      Posts
      880
      Country Flag: Netherlands
      Looking good, sweet engine! What fuel pump are you using for the 462?


      Cliff
      1968 Firebird
      Project Cheyenne Pro Performance

    7. #7
      Join Date
      Sep 2004
      Location
      Southern NJ
      Posts
      542
      Country Flag: United States
      Awesome project, I wish the Schwartz chassis was around when I started my '65. Glad to see anothe GTO on the board, and better yet, with Poncho power.
      Matt
      1965 Pontiac GTO – Spotts 421 Tripower | TKO600 | 3.90s | Vintage AC | Baers | Hotchkis/SPC/BMR Suspension | Intro Vistas | BFG KDW Redlines | 06 GTO Seats

    8. #8
      Join Date
      Jan 2006
      Posts
      63
      Welcome Aboard. Nice project. Awsome motor.

      Conno

    9. #9
      Join Date
      Nov 2007
      Posts
      5
      Where is some pics of your setup? I am building my 65 gto convert right now and have the trunk floor out thinking about a schwartz chassis and mini tub lots of money but what the hell
      I am building a 400 stroker with 6x 260cfm CNC SD heads with a P1SC procharger

    10. #10
      Join Date
      Dec 2006
      Location
      Livermore
      Posts
      53
      I will put some pics up for you to all enjoy
      1965 GTO convertible
      GM design Award winner 2009
      Still having fun with it too.

      COYBILT INC
      M-F 8-5
      925-454-1965
      10605 Altamont Pass Rd
      Livermore,CA 94551

    11. #11
      Join Date
      Dec 2006
      Location
      Livermore
      Posts
      53
      1965 GTO convertible
      GM design Award winner 2009
      Still having fun with it too.

      COYBILT INC
      M-F 8-5
      925-454-1965
      10605 Altamont Pass Rd
      Livermore,CA 94551

    12. #12
      Join Date
      Dec 2006
      Location
      Livermore
      Posts
      53
      1965 GTO convertible
      GM design Award winner 2009
      Still having fun with it too.

      COYBILT INC
      M-F 8-5
      925-454-1965
      10605 Altamont Pass Rd
      Livermore,CA 94551

    13. #13
      Join Date
      Dec 2006
      Location
      Livermore
      Posts
      53
      1965 GTO convertible
      GM design Award winner 2009
      Still having fun with it too.

      COYBILT INC
      M-F 8-5
      925-454-1965
      10605 Altamont Pass Rd
      Livermore,CA 94551

    14. #14
      Join Date
      Dec 2006
      Location
      Livermore
      Posts
      53
      1965 GTO convertible
      GM design Award winner 2009
      Still having fun with it too.

      COYBILT INC
      M-F 8-5
      925-454-1965
      10605 Altamont Pass Rd
      Livermore,CA 94551

    15. #15
      Join Date
      Dec 2006
      Location
      Livermore
      Posts
      53
      1965 GTO convertible
      GM design Award winner 2009
      Still having fun with it too.

      COYBILT INC
      M-F 8-5
      925-454-1965
      10605 Altamont Pass Rd
      Livermore,CA 94551

    16. #16
      Join Date
      Dec 2006
      Location
      Livermore
      Posts
      53
      1965 GTO convertible
      GM design Award winner 2009
      Still having fun with it too.

      COYBILT INC
      M-F 8-5
      925-454-1965
      10605 Altamont Pass Rd
      Livermore,CA 94551

    17. #17
      Join Date
      Dec 2006
      Location
      Livermore
      Posts
      53
      well I thought I would put up some pics of the motor when we built it. Mind you this is last year. We were using a solid lifter cam(256,262 @.050 640/660lift at the valve with a 110 lsa, victor junior, 850 demon, ported 72cc edelbrock performer rpm heads,swirl polished ferrea valves, comp bee hive springs,locks and retainers,crower 1.6 roller rockers, eagle H beam rods, eagle cast steel crank, cheap yet effective modified speed pro pistons, Clevite 77 bearings, Butler billet 4 bolt steel main caps, blue printed melling SD455 Oil pump, Milodon windage tray, canton road race pan with pick up, MSD mechanical advance distributor, ARP bolts on everything, Dougs number 567 headers and a Flow kooler water pump.
      Its a 73 XA block 455 bored .030 over=462
      I had fun remaching every part of the block,measuring every clearence, file fitting the rings, dishing the pistons.090, Deburing, chamfering all the gallies ,etc......
      I removed all the flashing, and useless hunks of crap on the block.
      The only thing that was reused was the block, two main caps (1,5),and oil filter housing.

      that combo through down 619 hp and 677foot pounds of torque on the dyno

      with some tweaking we got 629hp @6100 and 690foot pounds@ 3600.
      this was done on a superflow 901 We pulled the brake at lower RPMs but it wouldnt hold.

      Now I pulled off the manifold and put a BG tripower setup and ditched the solid lifter cam and pulled the oil restrictors. I put a comp cams XE294 cam in which is 250/256 @50 and 552 lift intanke and 568 exhaust with a 1.6 ratio rocker. The cam is also a 110 lsa we installed it advanced 2 degree's. we have yet to dyno the motor and se what it throws down. im guessing 565-600 hp and torque over 600 probaly.
      1965 GTO convertible
      GM design Award winner 2009
      Still having fun with it too.

      COYBILT INC
      M-F 8-5
      925-454-1965
      10605 Altamont Pass Rd
      Livermore,CA 94551

    18. #18
      Join Date
      Dec 2006
      Location
      Livermore
      Posts
      53
      quick question can everyone else see the pics of the car?

      I hope you all enjoy my progress
      1965 GTO convertible
      GM design Award winner 2009
      Still having fun with it too.

      COYBILT INC
      M-F 8-5
      925-454-1965
      10605 Altamont Pass Rd
      Livermore,CA 94551

    19. #19
      Join Date
      Dec 2005
      Location
      Maryville, TN
      Posts
      844
      Now that I've signed in to lateral-g I can see them just fine. You've got to have a session cookie with them before they display because of the way you've linked the pictures.

      Cool looking project! Welcome to the site.

      Dan
      A.K.A: That bald guy
      Find me on Facebook or my personal website.

      - 67 Camaro: Current Project Car

    20. #20
      Join Date
      Dec 2006
      Location
      Livermore
      Posts
      53
      thats not good I need to fix that.
      1965 GTO convertible
      GM design Award winner 2009
      Still having fun with it too.

      COYBILT INC
      M-F 8-5
      925-454-1965
      10605 Altamont Pass Rd
      Livermore,CA 94551

    Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast



    Advertise on Pro-Touring.com