Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

    Login / Register




    Results 1 to 5 of 5
    1. #1
      Join Date
      Nov 2006
      Location
      Flo-rida
      Posts
      1,204

      Strongest Th-350 to go with??

      I seriously doubt that my built 350 will be able to handle the big block hp and tq ill be getting so i want to know what company makes the best 350 tranny?

      The engine is making 580hp and 591tq

      I dont really want a TH-400 because of the increase of rotating mass, but if i need to just to handle this then i will. I wont be at the track at all because the nearst track is 2 hours away and this is my daily driver so its just to beat on mustang driving high schoolers lol

      Thanks, Rob


      1993 Camaro Z28
      2001 Camaro Z28
      1969 Camaro



    2. #2
      Join Date
      Jul 2005
      Location
      Cumberland, Maryland
      Posts
      552
      Country Flag: United States
      http://jakesperformance.com/index.html

      My car isnt up and running yet, but jake gave me the best deal
      I could find. Can't provide any other info as I haven't gotten to really drive the car yet. Service is great though.

    3. #3
      Join Date
      Aug 2003
      Location
      Orlando, FL
      Posts
      8,745
      You probably won't believe this, but a good TH350 will hold up to more power then you have. I have had one in my street racer, with nothing more then a shift kit, running a 8" converter on the street (monster cooler), pushing 900HP thorugh it. It has 5000 miles and hundreds of dragstrip passes on it since 98 when i finished it, and it is just now started to get a little lazy on the 1 - 2 shift. The tranny is cheap and easy to change. try yours, if it goes, then build the killer. Just keep a temp gauge on it and she will live.

    4. #4
      Join Date
      Nov 2006
      Location
      Flo-rida
      Posts
      1,204
      Frank thats exactly what i wanted to hear lol

      Its an Accurate Race transmission so its more beefier then a stock/mild modded 350.

      1993 Camaro Z28
      2001 Camaro Z28
      1969 Camaro


    5. #5
      Join Date
      Jun 2006
      Location
      Katy,TX
      Posts
      1,678
      I had a stock rebuild last me until I was deep in the 11s. Currently running a Pheonix in the high 10s.

      To build a really strong one you can get the TH400 type sprag for them.




    Advertise on Pro-Touring.com