Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

    Login / Register




    Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Results 1 to 20 of 32

    Hybrid View

    1. #1
      Join Date
      Jan 2007
      Location
      Georgia
      Posts
      308

      55 chevy bucket seats

      what are some bucket seats that would look in a tri-five?

      Alex McCarty
      1955 Chevrolet 210 "JOE BEN", 425hp 355 smallblock, saginaw 4 speed
      1966 Chevelle: Talldeck 427 bigblock, turbo 400, 12 bolt


    2. #2
      Join Date
      Oct 2005
      Location
      New Washington, IN
      Posts
      1,509
      Back in the day we had swivel buckets form an el camino. The set we just took out supposidly came out of an S10 and fit nice.

      We are putting some poly race seats in ours now.

    3. #3
      Join Date
      Jan 2007
      Location
      Georgia
      Posts
      308
      when yall get them in i wont to see some pictures!!!!
      Alex McCarty
      1955 Chevrolet 210 "JOE BEN", 425hp 355 smallblock, saginaw 4 speed
      1966 Chevelle: Talldeck 427 bigblock, turbo 400, 12 bolt

    4. #4
      Join Date
      Aug 2006
      Location
      fort myers florida
      Posts
      200
      Check out the seat's from a 2004 or so GTO real nice buy heavy, about 80 lbs. each. Just finnished a 5000mi. trip with them in my chevelle, like driving in a recliner.

    5. #5
      Join Date
      Jul 2007
      Location
      Austin, TX
      Posts
      48
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by wayne70
      Check out the seat's from a 2004 or so GTO real nice buy heavy, about 80 lbs. each. Just finnished a 5000mi. trip with them in my chevelle, like driving in a recliner.
      80lbs, sheesh. I just have 'glass race seats in mine, trying to keep the weight under 2500
      James

    6. #6
      Join Date
      Apr 2005
      Location
      Cartersville, GA
      Posts
      1,298
      Country Flag: United States
      They may not be easy to find, but early Impala buckets 62-64 look great in 55-7 Chevys. They are aproximately the same height as the stock bench (yeah, and heavy), and look right in the car, esp if you are going for a more period look. They also have nice trim on the outer edge.
      Joe Hinds

    7. #7
      Join Date
      Oct 2005
      Location
      Los Angeles, CA
      Posts
      104
      Country Flag: United States
      Here's what I have in my Bel Air:

      http://www.procarbyscat.com/RallySeats.htm

      Modern support and old school look. I'm working on much better then stock handling and don't want butt-to-seat slippage to be the weak link in my suspension.

      And they're way less then 80lbs each

    8. #8
      Join Date
      Jan 2007
      Location
      Georgia
      Posts
      308
      yea gto seats are super nice. could you post some pics of them in your chevelle please?
      Alex McCarty
      1955 Chevrolet 210 "JOE BEN", 425hp 355 smallblock, saginaw 4 speed
      1966 Chevelle: Talldeck 427 bigblock, turbo 400, 12 bolt

    9. #9
      Join Date
      Feb 2008
      Posts
      292
      Did the S10 seats have a console in the middle that you had to cut out?

      [email protected]

    10. #10
      Join Date
      Oct 2005
      Location
      Los Angeles, CA
      Posts
      104
      Country Flag: United States
      It was a couple years ago but for the black vinyl (which is very good quality but I'll be getting them recovered when I do the interior) I think they were around $220 each.

    11. #11
      Join Date
      Jun 2007
      Location
      Huntington Beach, CA
      Posts
      624
      Maybe check out Glide Engineering.
      http://www.glideengineering.com/products.htm

      (their stuff looks more traditional with no head rest)
      Rick
      -----------------------------
      " Better to Be Lucky than Good "

    12. #12
      Join Date
      Feb 2008
      Posts
      292
      The seats were that much brand new ready to install?

      I think i might buy some rally seats for my chevelle from there

    13. #13
      Join Date
      Oct 2005
      Location
      Los Angeles, CA
      Posts
      104
      Country Flag: United States
      Well, some cars require specific adapter brackets which they also sell for pretty reasonable prices and with those, any install is a bolt in. I think the one-piece bracket I used was around $100 (crosses the driveshaft tunnel which kind of sucks) but tri-fives weren't set up for buckets. I imagine a chevelle would be cheaper since it's got the bolt holes for buckets already.

      Also, the headrest is entirely removable if you like that look but still want the comfort. Me, I like the look of me, sans-neckbrace ;)

    14. #14
      Join Date
      Aug 2004
      Location
      Texas
      Posts
      327
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by switchblade327
      I think the one-piece bracket I used was around $100 (crosses the driveshaft tunnel which kind of sucks) but tri-fives weren't set up for buckets.
      Do you have any pics you can share - looking for some buckets for my 55 also. Thanks. -Bob

    15. #15
      Join Date
      Oct 2005
      Location
      Los Angeles, CA
      Posts
      104
      Country Flag: United States
      If you can wait a week or two, I'll get some. My car just got shipped last week so it's still filled to the roof with boxes and parts right now.

    16. #16
      Join Date
      Feb 2008
      Posts
      292
      Yeah i just got off the phone with them. WHY WOULD ANYONE PAY 1400 dollars for some seats on ebay when I got a price from them for under 500 bucks! for both seats with covering. Thats pretty damn good. Should I get the rally seats or the pro 90 seats? I think the pro 90 seats look correct for a chevelle. Are the seats good in quality? Are they comfortable?

      Thanks!

      SSG D

    17. #17
      Join Date
      Oct 2005
      Location
      Los Angeles, CA
      Posts
      104
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by deeboe78
      Yeah i just got off the phone with them. WHY WOULD ANYONE PAY 1400 dollars for some seats on ebay when I got a price from them for under 500 bucks! for both seats with covering. Thats pretty damn good. Should I get the rally seats or the pro 90 seats? I think the pro 90 seats look correct for a chevelle. Are the seats good in quality? Are they comfortable?

      Thanks!

      SSG D
      The Rally seat is really comfortable to sit in though I can't report on the long haul since my car isn't driving at the moment. Lumbar and lateral support is great. The Pro 90s look like they'd work too and look a little less muscle car and a little more classic, though not quite as supportive. Also, check out the measurements. They're a couple of inches thinner then the rallys and it says they're for small cars so your spacious chevelle interior might make them look a little skinny or small. But you're right, especially for a pre 68 chevelle, they look more correct. They actually remind me a lot of old VW seats.

      The procar seats are great quality. The vinyl is more like faux leather then vinyl, way better then the repro vinyl seat skins I have in my chevelle. And the coolest thing is that the covers zip off the foam, no hog rings required. Removing them to get altered or just cleaned is a breeze.

    18. #18
      Join Date
      Feb 2008
      Posts
      292
      Thanks again switch blade. I talked to them last night. Great outcome. I just have the prob of chosing which seat. The Pro 90's or the rallys. Would the pro 90s be to small for a 70 chevelle with a stock horse shoe console?

    19. #19
      Join Date
      Oct 2005
      Location
      Los Angeles, CA
      Posts
      104
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by deeboe78
      Thanks again switch blade. I talked to them last night. Great outcome. I just have the prob of chosing which seat. The Pro 90's or the rallys. Would the pro 90s be to small for a 70 chevelle with a stock horse shoe console?
      No worries. I can't really say if they'd look too small. All I know is that they're a smaller seat and that's a pretty big car. I was living in LA when I bought mine so I was able to run down to procar's shop and see and sit in the seats before I bought them. My mind was already mostly made up but I did sit in some of their other seats and still liked the rallys the best. You might call them back and see if any local motorsports places carry their seats so you can go do your own eyeballing and comfort test.

      When I get mine reskinned, I'm going to try to get a more vintage pattern in the stitching so that should help it blend in better with my interior but the seat really doesn't look out of place in my car. Definitely more fitting then a lot of the newer car seats.

    20. #20
      Join Date
      Feb 2008
      Posts
      292
      Thanks

      Anyone got any knowledge on this. Any would be glady welcomed. Cant make up my mind. I want to be comforatble and I dont want the seats to look out of place or weird. HELLLLLLLLLPPPPP!!!! LOL

      SSG D

    Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast



    Advertise on Pro-Touring.com