Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

    Login / Register




    Results 1 to 7 of 7
    1. #1
      Join Date
      Jan 2007
      Posts
      54

      427 in 67 camaro FAB?

      I am putting a 427 in a 67 camaro. I know I will have clearence issues. I was wondering if anyone has done any chop and weld on the engine mounts or cross member to lower the engine and also place the engine to have acess to the oil pan. Show me some pics or talk me through it.

      Attached Images Attached Images    


    2. #2
      Join Date
      Dec 2004
      Location
      HILLBILLY HOLLYWOOD, TENNESSEE!!!
      Posts
      2,043
      You should not have any clearance issues IF you are using the correct cross member engine mounts AND correct motor mounts. Big Blocks including a 427 will bolt into a 67 Camaro with the correct mounts. No cutting or fabrication required.
      Mike

      Remember, "Drive Fast, Turn Heads, Break Hearts!"

      www.musclecardeals.com

    3. #3
      Join Date
      Jan 2007
      Posts
      54
      My camaro came with a 6 cly. I was not very clear the clearence issues will be tall wise. I have a perfect SS hood and don't want to change to a raised hood. The only thing I want on the cross member is to be able to remove the pan easily.

    4. #4
      Join Date
      Aug 2004
      Location
      Texas
      Posts
      254
      Country Flag: United States
      Remove the oil pan w/the engine in the car? Do you forsee any engine issues?
      Like Mike stated, all the correct pieces should bolt right together (is anything truely a "bolt-on"). Make sure the pan is for "passanger" use. A truck pan will cause issues.

      Your answer would be no. You probably won't be able to remove the pan w/the engine in the car. By removine the distributor and headers (manifolds?), unbolting the motor mounts and jacking up the engine as far as it will go might give you access to the pan gasket. Getting the pan completly off is 50/50.

      A big engine + the Victor intake + a decent air cleaner = a cowl hood. You'll have to swap to a low-rise intake to have a good flowing air filter to keep the flat hood.

    5. #5
      Join Date
      Nov 2000
      Location
      O-town
      Posts
      4,330
      Country Flag: United States
      Drop the center link, and you should be able to drop the pan,

      change the Victor to a Hollly Strip Dominator(old intake) or RPM AirGap, and you should be able to run a flat hood,
      Steve68- 1968 Camaro SS LSX T56, 12bolt 3:90's, 18" Fikse Profil 13s, Deep Fathom Green paint, Spearcos, just bunch of old junk because another member said so, LOL



      70 Nova SS street/drag 454, T400, 3:55, ugly!

    6. #6
      Join Date
      Jan 2007
      Posts
      54
      Thanks guys. Maybe I am over reacting. I don't for see any issues I just always hated the fact you couldn't remove the oilpan without disconecting the engine. what about headers with front disc brakes and power steering? What motor mounts? (stock or aftermarket)

    7. #7
      Join Date
      Sep 2006
      Location
      Southern Indiana
      Posts
      4,709
      Country Flag: United States
      Get a set of the energy suspensions polyurethane mounts, and please dont worry about pulling a pan in a 67 camaro you can have engine out of the car in an hour after draining.
      Man you pull the plugs/dist, remove motor mount bolts, support the trans remove the bell housing bolts, if you use a latemodel small starter you shouldnt even have to remove it, you may on a larger frame one.
      Honestly my buddy had azipper on his 67 we could have it out in 30 minutes or less,,but he had a removable hood too.
      If you dont care about removing the trans too you can unhook shifter and speedo and wireup DS and pull it all together and split it out of car in minutes.




    Advertise on Pro-Touring.com