Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

    Login / Register




    Results 1 to 19 of 19
    1. #1
      Join Date
      Apr 2007
      Posts
      53

      noob from Florida

      Well, I do not have a early A-body or a g-body. I do own a 99 S-10, 05 5.3/ 4l60. weighing in at 3465 lb with a .6 center of gravity. Also has a crappy 60/40 split on the weight. (working on it)

      I have been searching all through the forum. Looking for a very good front and rear suspension set up. And it looks as if I have come to the right place for info.

      current mods.

      engine/trans
      05 5.3/ 4l60
      4" intake, 2.5 madrul (spelling?) bent exaust. h-pipe, mangnaflow.
      small cam
      hptuners

      suspension.
      zq8
      plus 2" spindles and 3" blocks
      full poly. eliminaed rag joint. and koni adjustables at all 4 corners
      body.
      fully shaved , 71 ford front bumper sectioned. now it is my new rear bumper.

      interior.
      fully insulated (80sq ft of damplifier)
      6 channel amp
      7" datyons in the doors 5" dayton in the kicks with 1" aidux tweets
      (yep no subs)
      blazer centerconsol& shifter

      future:
      full suspension (rear tri 4 link coilovers) (front tubular upper& lowers,coilovers)
      c6 zo6 4 corners
      18x8 & 18x10 boze pro touring
      6.0 with l92 heads and intake setup

      then I get to paint it

      I look forward to learning more about suspensions on this forum
      Chris



    2. #2
      Join Date
      Nov 2000
      Location
      O-town
      Posts
      4,330
      Country Flag: United States
      Cool Truck, where do you live in Fl,
      Steve68- 1968 Camaro SS LSX T56, 12bolt 3:90's, 18" Fikse Profil 13s, Deep Fathom Green paint, Spearcos, just bunch of old junk because another member said so, LOL



      70 Nova SS street/drag 454, T400, 3:55, ugly!

    3. #3
      Join Date
      Apr 2007
      Posts
      53
      above ft walton bch.

      little town called crestview

    4. #4
      Join Date
      Apr 2007
      Location
      Ramstein AB, Germany
      Posts
      14
      well hell I'm a newbie to the site and I live in Navarre right down the road.

    5. #5
      Join Date
      Aug 2004
      Location
      Jacksonville, FL
      Posts
      1,666
      Country Flag: United States
      I live in Crestucky also, welcome to the baord!
      Chris
      1968 Chevy Camaro SS
      LT4 (coming)/T56 DSE suspension

      1969 Oldsmobile Cutlass S convertible (442 Clone)
      LS3/4L70e, DSE suspension


    6. #6
      Join Date
      Apr 2007
      Posts
      53
      wow, fellow car nuts in my back yard

    7. #7
      Join Date
      Jun 2002
      Location
      Long Island, NY
      Posts
      11,320
      Country Flag: United States
      Welcome to the site, Chris.

    8. #8
      Join Date
      Aug 2006
      Location
      Hampton Roads, VA
      Posts
      678
      Country Flag: United States
      Welcome, I lived in Ft Walton Beach for a year--loved it there! Good luck on the PT truck project!
      1980 Pontiac Trans Am, Chevy Big Block 468, TKO 600 Trans, Hotchkis TVS, Bilsteins, Eaton/Motive 3:73's, 18" Coddington Junkyard Dogs, Nitto NT555 rubber, Autometers http://www.fquick.com/Bandit
      http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2458763

    9. #9
      Join Date
      Aug 2004
      Location
      Central Florida
      Posts
      486
      Chris and Chris from Crestview (say that three times fast )

      Welcome aboard Chris

      BB

    10. #10
      Join Date
      May 2005
      Location
      St. Augustine, FL
      Posts
      1,529
      Welcome. I'm from St. Augustine.
      Andrew Petty

    11. #11
      Join Date
      Aug 2002
      Location
      Waleska Ga.
      Posts
      2,722
      Country Flag: United States
      Welcome aboard!!
      David Sloan

      If you’re suggesting sending men with weapons of war to take my weapons of war,then I’m fairly certain that’s what’s called an act of war… and the definition of tyranny.which coincidentally is the reason for the second amendment to begin with!


      https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...ght=fun+camaro

      https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...lcamino-build!

    12. #12
      Join Date
      Apr 2007
      Posts
      53
      thanks guys.

      now I have a lot of reading to do.

    13. #13
      Join Date
      Nov 2000
      Location
      O-town
      Posts
      4,330
      Country Flag: United States
      Crestucky- now thats funny!
      Steve68- 1968 Camaro SS LSX T56, 12bolt 3:90's, 18" Fikse Profil 13s, Deep Fathom Green paint, Spearcos, just bunch of old junk because another member said so, LOL



      70 Nova SS street/drag 454, T400, 3:55, ugly!

    14. #14
      Join Date
      Aug 2004
      Location
      Jacksonville, FL
      Posts
      1,666
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by Steve68
      Crestucky- now thats funny!
      Our city is nicknamed that by the people that live near the coast because we are closer to the Alabama border then they are. Things are very "country" here compared to our ritzy neighbors down south in Destin. Some of the locals here boycott the Hooter's because they think it is a very scandelous place.
      Chris
      1968 Chevy Camaro SS
      LT4 (coming)/T56 DSE suspension

      1969 Oldsmobile Cutlass S convertible (442 Clone)
      LS3/4L70e, DSE suspension


    15. #15
      Join Date
      Apr 2007
      Location
      Ramstein AB, Germany
      Posts
      14
      lol... that is a true statement I live in Navarre and although crestucky is country it is getting much bigger with all the military and new businesses going up. But that funny about hooters. I don't see any problem with them...

    16. #16
      Join Date
      Mar 2006
      Location
      New Carlisle Ohio
      Posts
      245
      Welcome from Ohio.
      PartTime
      Chris Hager

    17. #17
      Join Date
      Apr 2007
      Posts
      53
      thanks all, yea the great land of crestucky......

      no problem with hooters? you aparently have not seen the crestview women. in this town half of the time it should be pronounced, wooo-man!

    18. #18
      Join Date
      Nov 2005
      Location
      amelia island fla.
      Posts
      115

      welcome

      Hi, i am up on Amelia Island, welcome
      RICK,

      1966 "ZO66"CORVETTE sold
      1969 CAMARO "OLE PAINT" getting new paint
      1990 ZR1 CORVETTE "DARTH VADER"sold to europe
      1999 saleen cobra '' the wife car"

    19. #19
      Join Date
      Nov 2006
      Location
      HARRISON, ARKANSAS
      Posts
      75
      I WOULD LOVE TO SEE SOME PICS OF YOUR TRUCK, AND THE ENGINE BAY, IF YOU HAVE ANY


      E-MAIL--- [email protected]




    Advertise on Pro-Touring.com