Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

    Login / Register




    Results 1 to 14 of 14
    1. #1
      Join Date
      Jan 2007
      Location
      Atlanta, GA
      Posts
      227

      New Mopar Guy - 72 Challenger

      I've been lurking long enough, so here goes.

      -1972 Dodge Challenger
      -Maund Motorworks 360 with Edelbrock heads
      -Cope Racing 727 tranny
      -18x8 and 18x9 Boze ProTouring wheels: gloss black center w/ polished lip
      -Full air ride suspension: airbar in the rear, shockwaves up front w/ levelpro compressor system
      -Wilwood disc brakes up front, drums in rear
      -Hunsaker Synkro seats
      -TTI headers and full exhaust: all pieces ceramic coated with thermal barrier. Cuda tips welded in.
      -Challenger R/T hood
      -Vintage Air
      -Nitto 555 tires: 275 in rear and 245 in front

      More to come later!!!


      Here is what I started with:



    2. #2
      Join Date
      Jan 2005
      Location
      Boonville, Missouri
      Posts
      924
      Welcome - It looks like you have a nice car to start. Update us on your progress. By the way, nice choice in wheels!
      Tony Edler
      Illumin8s
      See Illumin8s at www.illumin8s.com

      '73 Dodge Challenger

    3. #3
      Join Date
      Aug 2002
      Location
      Waleska Ga.
      Posts
      2,722
      Country Flag: United States
      Hey Steve
      Is this the car we were talking about on the phone?
      This is a killer project car. Hope we can help you out.
      David Sloan

      If you’re suggesting sending men with weapons of war to take my weapons of war,then I’m fairly certain that’s what’s called an act of war… and the definition of tyranny.which coincidentally is the reason for the second amendment to begin with!


      https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...ght=fun+camaro

      https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...lcamino-build!

    4. #4
      Join Date
      Jun 2002
      Location
      Long Island, NY
      Posts
      11,320
      Country Flag: United States
      Welcome to the site, Steve. Nice chally.

    5. #5
      Join Date
      Apr 2006
      Location
      Coronado, CA
      Posts
      1,688
      Country Flag: United States
      Welcome fellow Mopar-ite. Glad to see you departing from the Purist fasciests that plague our choice of brand.
      Cut it up, swap it out, make it better.
      Johnny C.
      -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      70 'cuda, Pro-Charged 408 stroker, Tremec 5 speed, Strange S-60, Alter-k-tion, Tri 4, Hydroboost and Wilwoods

    6. #6
      Join Date
      Dec 2004
      Location
      Bothell, WA
      Posts
      225
      Always good to welcome another Mopar guy on board..

      Just my very humble opinion, mind you, but...I'd go with discs out back with those big, modern looking 18" wheels.

      Anyway, beautiful car you're starting with, sounds like it's going to just get better!! Any other visual mods in store?
      Travis

      '67 Mustang 289 {Ssssssold...?}
      '71 Ruster 340 {Project}

    7. #7
      Join Date
      Apr 2006
      Location
      Coronado, CA
      Posts
      1,688
      Country Flag: United States
      Does air ride have a system for the front now or are you looking at an aftermarket front end?
      Johnny C.
      -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      70 'cuda, Pro-Charged 408 stroker, Tremec 5 speed, Strange S-60, Alter-k-tion, Tri 4, Hydroboost and Wilwoods

    8. #8
      Join Date
      Jan 2007
      Location
      Atlanta, GA
      Posts
      227
      air ride does have a system for the front. It is the shockwave tubular upper control arms. I have paired this with an Addco beefed up sway bar and torsion bar.

      I will go with the discs on the rear eventually. They were one of the things I had to cross off the list when I was planning my budget. I will probably put them on next summer.

      Now as far as "other visual mods" goes, try this: I'm going to go with an all gray monochrome look. Everything from the bumpers to the door handles to the gas cap will be painted. The only things that wont be gray will be the black T-stripe on the R/T hood, the rear tail light area above the bumper (which will also be black). I am going for a very sinister look if you couldnt already tell.

      I can say one thing with 100% certinty: I am going to royally piss of some of those mopar nerds out there who think stock is the only way to go.

    9. #9
      Join Date
      Dec 2004
      Location
      Bothell, WA
      Posts
      225
      It is pretty sharp in B3 as it is there if my eyes serve me..lol..
      Travis

      '67 Mustang 289 {Ssssssold...?}
      '71 Ruster 340 {Project}

    10. #10
      Join Date
      Apr 2006
      Location
      Coronado, CA
      Posts
      1,688
      Country Flag: United States
      Hahaha! Mopar Nerds. Good term.
      I am a Mopar nut as I have heard it put. I guess there is a difference.
      With just about any desired car you will have the two groups, nerds and fanatics.
      One wants to preserve the automobile like they came from the assembly line and the others just want to make them better.
      I love Mopars and most other old cars but in the original state it is not always the most appealing, to me anyway.
      I am sure the GTO guys know exactly what I'm talking about.
      As long as it's not a super rare optioned car you should let your imagination out of it's cage.
      Johnny C.
      -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      70 'cuda, Pro-Charged 408 stroker, Tremec 5 speed, Strange S-60, Alter-k-tion, Tri 4, Hydroboost and Wilwoods

    11. #11
      Join Date
      Feb 2006
      Location
      San Diego, CA
      Posts
      166
      Welcome to the forum. . .always good to have new member's and I always like to see the MOPAR's!!! I just wish there were more Charger, Challenger, and Cuda's on the board.
      '67 Pontiac Firebird 400 RA
      http://www.lateral-g.net/forums/showthread.php4?t=7693

      '97 Camaro
      '00 Yamaha R6
      '01 Aprilia RS-50
      '02 Yamaha R1

    12. #12
      Join Date
      Aug 2002
      Location
      Waleska Ga.
      Posts
      2,722
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by atomicjoe23
      Welcome to the forum. . .always good to have new member's and I always like to see the MOPAR's!!! I just wish there were more Charger, Challenger, and Cuda's on the board.

      There are a few more now than last year! Bill Howell has a cool Mopar project going on, an we will be starting a new one soon as well.

      We have Steven 72 Challenger in the shop right now doing the metal work on the body. It is going to be a killer Kar.
      David Sloan

      If you’re suggesting sending men with weapons of war to take my weapons of war,then I’m fairly certain that’s what’s called an act of war… and the definition of tyranny.which coincidentally is the reason for the second amendment to begin with!


      https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...ght=fun+camaro

      https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...lcamino-build!

    13. #13
      Join Date
      Apr 2007
      Location
      South Texas
      Posts
      15
      Another 72 Chally huh? Nice! I wish mine had that clean of a starting point. I'd have probably been finished with it by now... LOL!

      Oh yea, "Welcome" from one forum newb to another.
      1972 Dodge Challenger R/T/A (Road & Track Attack ) 512ci RB Max Wedge, 727 TorqueFlight, mini-tubbed, 3" spring relocation kit, engine and chassis has been put on a major aluminum and fiberglass diet.
      Completion Date:??? Currently under construction, ressurection and modification...

    14. #14
      Join Date
      Apr 2005
      Location
      Colorado Springs
      Posts
      761
      More Challengers. Cool! Welcome!

      Here's a shot of my 74.

      Attached Images Attached Images  





    Advertise on Pro-Touring.com