Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

    Login / Register




    Results 1 to 12 of 12

    Thread: 4l80e

    1. #1
      Join Date
      Mar 2006
      Location
      Sunny Florida on the Suncoast
      Posts
      1,060
      Country Flag: United States

      4l80e

      I have a question about what everyone here has seen for pricing on a good used 4L80E Transmission. Lets break it down to the year the of the Trans and what the mileage was on it, to make it easier for comparison. Thank for the help with this.

      Stay in it till you see God....then lift

      Where patience fails, force prevails

      "When you're born, you get a ticket to the freak show. When you're born in America, you get a front-row seat." G. Carlin

      Stapp's Ironical Paradox...... "The universal aptitude for ineptitude makes any human accomplishment an incredible miracle."


    2. #2
      Join Date
      Aug 2004
      Location
      Texas
      Posts
      254
      Country Flag: United States
      I talked to a guy that I get my tranny parts from.
      He said a good rebuildable core goes for $1K to $1200.
      A good pull out from a wrecked truck is a good question. I have a friend that sold a freshlt rebuilt unit for $900. It just depends on who has it and what they they want for it.

    3. #3
      Join Date
      Jan 2003
      Location
      Arizona
      Posts
      5,394
      Country Flag: United States
      I can get 4L80E cores for $700 here in NYC from a reliable source. But they don't state mileage or anything.
      ________________
      Steve Chryssos

    4. #4
      Join Date
      Mar 2006
      Location
      Sunny Florida on the Suncoast
      Posts
      1,060
      Country Flag: United States
      Thanks for the responses.......got my "recycling" yard guy looking for a Trans now, he suggested a core cause it may take awhile to get into the car, he would hate for me to buy a dud and then find out after the 90 day warrenty.
      Stay in it till you see God....then lift

      Where patience fails, force prevails

      "When you're born, you get a ticket to the freak show. When you're born in America, you get a front-row seat." G. Carlin

      Stapp's Ironical Paradox...... "The universal aptitude for ineptitude makes any human accomplishment an incredible miracle."

    5. #5
      Join Date
      May 2005
      Posts
      108
      Hey streetfytr68, where can you get them for $700.00?

    6. #6
      Join Date
      Jan 2003
      Location
      Arizona
      Posts
      5,394
      Country Flag: United States
      J&V Auto Salvage Westhampton /Southampton. NY
      ________________
      Steve Chryssos

    7. #7
      Join Date
      May 2005
      Posts
      108
      WOW That some service!!!!!!!!!!! I didn't think you would get back to me that fast. thanks,M

    8. #8
      Join Date
      May 2005
      Posts
      108
      1997 8 Lug Van With 78,k $500.00. Thanks. Streetytr68

    9. #9
      Join Date
      Dec 2006
      Posts
      12

      2003 4l80e

      I got a low mileage 2003 core for $300. I called every tranny shop within 50 miles until I found a good deal on one. Most tranny shops can "order" a core if you ask them nice. This one they thought was a 1996 but didn't know what they had. My two cents is to get a later, low mileage core. Well worth the extra money. Mine had been in for 3 weeks and working perfectly. Very quick, crisp shifts and it was really simple to rebuild.

    10. #10
      Join Date
      Jan 2003
      Location
      Arizona
      Posts
      5,394
      Country Flag: United States
      The nice thing about 4L80E's is that, like TH400's, you can pretty much dig one out of the dirt at a junkyard and it will handle 50oHP forever.
      ________________
      Steve Chryssos

    11. #11
      Join Date
      Jan 2003
      Location
      Arizona
      Posts
      5,394
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by mlr1026
      WOW That some service!!!!!!!!!!! I didn't think you would get back to me that fast. thanks,M
      Totally random. I just happened to be logged on at the moment. It could take days.
      ________________
      Steve Chryssos

    12. #12
      Join Date
      Mar 2006
      Location
      Sunny Florida on the Suncoast
      Posts
      1,060
      Country Flag: United States
      My Recyling yard dude found a core for 250 today, so I will be the proud owner of a 4l80e.......now I need a rebuild kit, controller, torque converter, and driveshaft.......oh well it is only money.
      Stay in it till you see God....then lift

      Where patience fails, force prevails

      "When you're born, you get a ticket to the freak show. When you're born in America, you get a front-row seat." G. Carlin

      Stapp's Ironical Paradox...... "The universal aptitude for ineptitude makes any human accomplishment an incredible miracle."




    Advertise on Pro-Touring.com