Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

    Login / Register




    Results 1 to 8 of 8
    1. #1
      Join Date
      Oct 2004
      Location
      UK
      Posts
      128

      Anyone identify this 4L60-e VSS for me?

      I bought what was allegedly a '94 Camaro trans, which is now fitted on the back of the LT1 in my '55 Bel Air. When I came to connect the VSS, it was on the wrong side and in a different place to the other one I have. I swapped the plug over as it was different too, but I'm getting a very low speed according to the PCM (only got up to 8 mph at about 5000rpm with the car on stands, rear end ratio has been corrected) so the PCM won't shift up. Any ideas what it's out of and how many pulses it should be? (Oh and dont worry about the yoke, it's not pushed in all the way in the pic!)





    2. #2
      Join Date
      Oct 2004
      Location
      UK
      Posts
      128
      If anyone else was wondering, it's a '97 and doesn't work with a '94 pcm and harness without some work. If it was easy it wouldn't be fun, right?

    3. #3
      Join Date
      Aug 2004
      Location
      England
      Posts
      1,042
      Just looked at your post that prop needs lengthing its sticking out to far .

    4. #4
      Join Date
      Aug 2004
      Location
      England
      Posts
      1,042
      Opps should have read all the post

    5. #5
      Join Date
      Aug 2004
      Location
      England
      Posts
      1,042
      Check the street and performance video it might give a clue on there in the wiring section

    6. #6
      Join Date
      Aug 2004
      Location
      Jacksonville, FL
      Posts
      1,666
      Country Flag: United States
      I have a 96 impala ss 4l60e (obd2) in mine. When I installed it using the Painless harness (OBD1 style) the plugs were different. I just changed the plugs eand everything worked fine. My VSS is on the pass side also. I belive that tailshaft is out of an f-body (caprice doesn't have the 3 holes on tailshaft). I got this off of the Jags that run site:
      There are four types of VSS signals required by the engine computer (ECM):
      A 40 pulse per driveshaft revolution speed sensor used on 1993 and newer trucks with automatic transmission, 1994 and newer rear drive cars (Camaro, Corvette, and Caprice) with the automatic transmission.

      Also check this out: http://www.jtrpublishing.com/V8-chap...ed-Sensors.pdf

      Hope this helps.
      Chris
      1968 Chevy Camaro SS
      LT4 (coming)/T56 DSE suspension

      1969 Oldsmobile Cutlass S convertible (442 Clone)
      LS3/4L70e, DSE suspension


    7. #7
      Join Date
      Oct 2004
      Location
      UK
      Posts
      128
      The '95-'97 have a pwm pump, and an extra wire in the loom to control it. It needs a '95 flash on there to control it, and the extra wire fitting or the solenoid staking in place. It'll drive but wont lock up the Torque Convertor until I do one or the other.

      I know, cos I drove it for the first time today :D Here's a video of it.

    8. #8
      Join Date
      Jan 2007
      Location
      Bedford, PA
      Posts
      60
      have you considered that the tailshaft might need changed or at least the acutator for the vss. there is only two vss listed on up to 95 and 96 and on well atleast that what my supplier tells me.




    Advertise on Pro-Touring.com