Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

    Login / Register




    Results 1 to 20 of 23

    Threaded View

    1. #15
      Join Date
      Jan 2003
      Location
      Arizona
      Posts
      5,394
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by Footjoy
      I would like to keep the 4L60e and put it in a 70 nova. The Lt1 is not part of the set up. Is there a economical way to just contol transmission? Will a pcm control it without the motor? Everything I see is 500.00 would like to find something cheaper.

      Thanks
      (sorry for the hijack)
      If you will be putting the electronic transmission behind a carbureted engine then you you have no choice but to run a standalone tans computer. There is no inexpensive alternative. To the contrary, the cost goes up since you must add on some form of throttle position sensor or vacuum modulator conversion.
      That computer is quite busy running shift and line pressure solenoids as well as handling other functions such as converter lock up and manumatic capability. The smart computers also factor in engine or trans coolant temperature to help extend transmission life. Sorry there is no cheap alternative, but I hope that I have helped explain WHY the stuff is expensive.

      ________________
      Steve Chryssos





    Advertise on Pro-Touring.com