Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

    Login / Register




    Results 1 to 18 of 18

    Thread: PT '78 Malibu

    Threaded View

    1. #13
      Join Date
      Nov 2004
      Posts
      37
      gmachinz,

      I'm not bummed by your question. I'm OK with mid 12's It isn't bad on street tires through the mufflers and cats.



      Yes cats, I had to because my state inspection station required them at the time and I was driving this car on a regular basis at the time, a couple of years ago. I haven't checked the requirements lately but a friend said they aren't necessary any longer and I should have waited a year. Great news after spending $300.00 plus bucks on those exhaust chokers. I bought 3" high-flo catalytic converters. I can't remember the brand for sure but they are local and I think the brand is Flo-tech. The cats definitely slowed the car down. I don't have hard numbers but seat of the pants told me it was slower.

      It's quieter now as well. That part I don't mind so much it was pretty loud with two chamber Flow-masters. I thought about pulling the mufflers and just running the cats but that wouldn't pass emissions either so I'm told.

      I'm really tired of the government kissing butt with the tree huggers. My well tuned engine puts out less emissions than are allowed for a 454 or a small block that was available for 1978 but that doesn't matter for some reason to the feds.

      My site address is in an earlier post. You can see my Panel truck there. Thanks for your input.





    Advertise on Pro-Touring.com