Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

    Login / Register




    Results 1 to 2 of 2

    Thread: Welds

    Threaded View

    1. #1
      Join Date
      Oct 2004
      Location
      Frisco, TX
      Posts
      194

      Welds

      Since we are showing off our welds on other threads I thought I'd show my progress. I started welding classes a little over 6 months ago at my Jr. college thanks to the encouragement of some of the forum members and it's been great. I figured if I was serious about building a car some day I'd better have some know how. This semester is MIG and I love it.

      This is the last section of the instruction as class ends Oct. 11th. The method is globular and these are the 5 stringers I handed in. Not too shabby. Wire speed was at 120 ish and my volts are running about 22.8.



      Next, is my butt joint face bend test I passed with flying colors with zero cracks or breaks in the weld. Method was spray and wire speed was around 320 and I turned my volts down to around 26.



      Enjoy!

      Bob




    Advertise on Pro-Touring.com