Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

    Login / Register




    Results 1 to 20 of 20

    Threaded View

    1. #8
      Join Date
      Oct 2006
      Location
      NJ
      Posts
      90
      Ditto on much of the above. I've done both 4 bolt and splayed 2 bolt conversions on blown 355's.

      First setups were blown w/ Procharger's D1. The first one showed moderate bearing wear after one season of street driving/racing. Approx 700hp w/ 14lbs on pump gas.

      We then switched to the 2-bolt splayed cap block and noticed the improvment. They looked slightly better but enough to keep an eye on them. We upped the power to 850hp @ 19lbs but wouldn't push it beyond that.

      When I swapped to a turbo (98mm Precision), we swapped it for the Motown Race block. We worked that deal pretty hard (28lbs) and 1600+hp. Never any signs of abnormal wear.

      To make 1000hp, that's really territory for an aftermarket block. The reliability isn't there on GM blocks, sonic checked or not. One may live well at 850hp and another can develop cranks in the mains, or valley area. I've seen and done it. If you keep it limited to 800hp, I would say it's OK. Be aware, you'll likely be $1000+ to make that factory block right w/ steel caps, it's OK if you understand it has limits.

      Dennis
      Moore Racecraft





    Advertise on Pro-Touring.com