Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

    Login / Register




    Results 1 to 20 of 181

    Hybrid View

    1. #1
      Join Date
      Aug 2015
      Location
      charlotte
      Posts
      929
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by 67SSDan View Post

      We did push the car out in the sun to get a look at the paint, post buffing, etc. There was one spot on the paint that you could see in the paint booth that I was a little concerned about, and I wanted to make sure it wouldn't be noticeable out in the sun. This entire project I've had to balance making the car nice, but without spending GOBS of money (which I've basically managed to do anyway). I've had to stress to my builder that I'm not trying to win any shows, and the car is going to get driven a LOT... but I do want it to be nice. Somewhere in there is a compromise. The cars that my builder is accustomed to building are over the top, rarely driven, show cars... which is great, it's just not what I'm personally after... so it's taken some given and take on both our parts. In this case though, we both agreed it wasn't worth spending more time (and potentially going way backwards) on. Looks great out in the sun!

      Name:  170514_67_0002.jpg
Views: 880
Size:  504.2 KB
      I can relate entirely, I am approaching paint also and have the same mindset as you, I know the process will be costly but theres a limit to how much i'll be willing to spend, not just financially but also mentally, If paint snowballs and costs more than I'm prepared, I will be less likely to abuse the car as much as I plan to. The compromise now is something I will happily accept to enjoy my car without crying over stone chips etc. If my paint turns out looking as good as yours does in these few pictures, I will be very happy.



    2. #2
      Join Date
      Dec 2005
      Location
      Maryville, TN
      Posts
      844
      Quote Originally Posted by slimjim View Post
      I can relate entirely, I am approaching paint also and have the same mindset as you, I know the process will be costly but theres a limit to how much i'll be willing to spend, not just financially but also mentally, If paint snowballs and costs more than I'm prepared, I will be less likely to abuse the car as much as I plan to. The compromise now is something I will happily accept to enjoy my car without crying over stone chips etc. If my paint turns out looking as good as yours does in these few pictures, I will be very happy.
      Thanks man! Yeah, I've got a line now that gets repeated in his shop quite often "If somebody else complains about that, I'll tell them who to make the check out to... cause I'm not spending money on it!" LOL Knowing me, because of the investment I've done already, I'll fret over it until I get the first rock chip... and then I'll say screw it.
      A.K.A: That bald guy
      Find me on Facebook or my personal website.

      - 67 Camaro: Current Project Car




    Advertise on Pro-Touring.com