Results 1 to 7 of 7
Thread: Which 2004r will live?
Hybrid View
-
08-14-2006 #1
Is there a compelling reason you want to switch from the TH350/GV combo?
-
08-14-2006 #2The th350 with the gv does work pretty darn well, but there are some reasons to make a switch.
1. With a 2004r I could go back to my 3.73 gears (rather than the current 3.42's) and not only lower my 60fts with the better gearing and 1st gear trans ratio, but also drop the cruise rpm's several hundred rpm's on the top side. Street/strip ride.
2. My 67 bbc camaro could use the gv unit on it with the th400 for the long straight on one of the tracks that has that car running out of gear 3/4 down the long straight. I like the idea of another 20 mph on the top end. Strip/street ride.
I don't mind spending a little more $ to get a setup that works as good at the track as the current setup, works better on the street, and gives me as few as troubles also. Thx!





Reply With Quote



