Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

    Login / Register




    Results 1 to 7 of 7

    Hybrid View

    1. #1
      Join Date
      Nov 2003
      Location
      Paradise, Ca
      Posts
      1,411
      Disclaimer: I don't know what their dash insert looks like.

      DSE is mighty fond of doing their parts as stampings, and I'd bet that's what you're seeing. If they do the holes individually, they've made their own flaring tool, as I don't think anyone is selling hole flares that big.

      By the way, the AutoMeter 5" tach's need a 4 5/8" hole, not 5".

      -Matt

      Welders: The only people that think a co-worker catching on fire is funny.


    2. #2
      Join Date
      May 2001
      Location
      Mesa, Az.
      Posts
      1,434
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by Matt@Lateral Dynamics
      Disclaimer: I don't know what their dash insert looks like.

      DSE is mighty fond of doing their parts as stampings, and I'd bet that's what you're seeing. If they do the holes individually, they've made their own flaring tool, as I don't think anyone is selling hole flares that big.

      By the way, the AutoMeter 5" tach's need a 4 5/8" hole, not 5".
      Here is a picture of what the dash looks like. I'm not sure what size of a flare this is but either way I wouldn't mind doing it to mine! That really turned out nice.


    3. #3
      Join Date
      Nov 2003
      Location
      Paradise, Ca
      Posts
      1,411
      Those are either stamped at the time of fabrication of the panel itself or stamped as an option or whatever in a seperate press.

      There's ways to do that on your own, but you can count on atleast $300-$500 per hole size for the tooling.

      Have you called DSE and asked?
      -Matt

      Welders: The only people that think a co-worker catching on fire is funny.

    4. #4
      Join Date
      May 2001
      Location
      Mesa, Az.
      Posts
      1,434
      Country Flag: United States
      No, but I am going to do that next. Thank you for the help.




    Advertise on Pro-Touring.com