Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

    Login / Register




    Results 1 to 12 of 12
    1. #1
      Join Date
      Aug 2003
      Location
      Byhalia, MS
      Posts
      656
      Country Flag: United States

      Financial dilemma, need advice

      Guys, if you had a 67 rs camaro with factory console and gauges, automatic trans and deluxe interior. You had to replace quarters and outer wheelhouses with some rot on the passenger side inner wheelhouse and trunk floor around shock tower. Front cap and doors are prepped just about ready for paint. The toe boards, dash, floor pans and trunk pan have already been replaced. 12 bolt rear with full Hotchkis suspension, 300 hp 350 with 700R4 trans. Also, restored 15X7 ralleys with new BFG rubber. What direction would you take with it based on the market? I also have a very rough, but buildable 69 camaro, x44, with almost all the sheetmetal to fix body, truck rearend to modify for car, 6sp trans and LS1 motor for car. 67 has to be built first due to limited space. My pockets have grown empty, my job has gotten slow and the bills are mounting up. Anybody have and suggestions?



    2. #2
      Join Date
      Nov 2005
      Location
      Central California
      Posts
      2,050
      Country Flag: United States
      If you have to sell one to provide funds to put towards the other, get the '67 finished and then sell it. As you're probably aware, the '69 Camaro is the most desirable vehicle on this planet (for most of us, anyways . . . ) and will be worth more when you're done than the '67 will be.

      It also comes down to what YOU want. If you wane sentimental over the '67, then that part may enter into play. If you're neutral about both of them, then choose your '69 as a final keeper. The parts list for the '67 would lend it towards P/T and that's what I'd market it for.

      Sounds like BOTH cars are pretty neat and if you can keep them both, try for that as I can guarantee that you'll regret selling either years from now.

      Good luck with your decision . . .

      Mary Pozzi
      mpozzi . . . '73 Camaro RS, '69 Camaro SCCA/Trans-Am vintage racer, and a 1989 R7U 1LE Players Challenge car.

      "STICK, you B*TCH!!!!!!"

      "It's not a horse. You can't train it!! "


    3. #3
      Join Date
      Aug 2003
      Location
      Byhalia, MS
      Posts
      656
      Country Flag: United States
      I don`t want to sell either one of them. I would like to protour them both, but money won`t allow that to happen. It would be cheaper for me to do the 67 than the 69. I do have a set of DSE minitubs as well.

    4. #4
      Join Date
      Jun 2006
      Location
      Santa Maria , CA
      Posts
      94
      Country Flag: United States
      Dont sell either one. Wait until your in better financial shape to build both cars. If you still have the urge to build something take a side job helping someone PT there project. You will make a little money and have some fun doing it.

    5. #5
      Join Date
      May 2002
      Location
      Northern California
      Posts
      10,716
      Country Flag: United States
      Since you have everything for the 67, go do that with a mini tub since it needs sheet metal work anyways. Sell the ralleys separately.

      Finish it and see where you are at finacially. Put it on the market and see where it takes you. Keep it if your in better shape. No cars worth blowing your credit and future over.
      MrQuick ΜΟΛ'ΩΝ ΛΑΒ'Ε


    6. #6
      Join Date
      Aug 2003
      Location
      Byhalia, MS
      Posts
      656
      Country Flag: United States
      Minitubbing the 67 creates a problem because the car is a deluxe interior car. The original backseat was long gone and I had a terrible time finding another one. I did, however, find a fold down back seat that I installed. I don`t have everything for the 67, but I do have quite a pile of parts for it. I have thought about protouring it to bring up the value of it, though.

    7. #7
      Join Date
      Aug 2003
      Location
      Byhalia, MS
      Posts
      656
      Country Flag: United States
      Would the 69 camaro be worth taking all the sheetmetal I have for it and fixing it, then selling it as a completed rolling body ready for paint or just part it out with all the parts I have? The way I see it, the 67 is worth about $15,000 to $20,000 restored to near original. Seems the 67 would be worth quite a bit more if I did the full pro-touring effect to it.

    8. #8
      Join Date
      Oct 2004
      Location
      Macon, Ga.
      Posts
      8,085
      Country Flag: United States
      A roller with new sheet metal would be worth more than a pile of parts, however, you got to consider the cost of the labor to do all the work too.
      Bill

      Trailers are for BOATS!

    9. #9
      Join Date
      Aug 2003
      Location
      Orlando, FL
      Posts
      8,745
      If you can do the work, install whatever you can before you sell. As far as how to build them / weather to build them. Building cars is for people with descretionary $$$$$. If you money is going sideways, happens to all of us, probably the last thing you need to build is a toy. I would suggest getting the cars as assembled as possible, selling and you can always approach it again when things improve.

    10. #10
      Join Date
      Aug 2003
      Location
      Byhalia, MS
      Posts
      656
      Country Flag: United States
      Labor and time is free. I`ll be the one doing it. I am fully capable and have all the tools and supplies to complete it. The 67 is sitting in the garage with the passenger quarter, inner and outer wheelhouses cut off of it right now, so it isn`t movable to pull the 69 in to repair it.

    11. #11
      Join Date
      Aug 2003
      Location
      Byhalia, MS
      Posts
      656
      Country Flag: United States
      At this point, I`m not building a toy anymore. I am just trying to weigh my options to get max dollar out of the cars. I refuse to lose money on these cars and I have a considerable amount already invested in them both. I still have my 01 ramair to play with, so I still have a toy. I will be selling my place come next spring if things are still the way they are right now. I need these cars out of here by then. I have a 12x20 shed completely full of parts, an attic with parts everywhere in it, a closet full of parts and a garage full of parts and a 67 camaro in it.

    12. #12
      Join Date
      Aug 2005
      Location
      Hamilton, NJ
      Posts
      4,318
      Country Flag: United States
      IMO, keep the 67 as close to stock as possible and trick the 69 as you like. The stock version will never be out of style or whatever, and will have broader appeal for resale value. More demand = higher price.

      Besides, one of ‘each’ is cool. That is basically my plan, and you have way more original stuff than I do. Besides, it keeps both from falling deeper into the money pit, not that either is cheap.
      Scott from NJ.

      Vent Windows Forever! ...

      Feather-light suspension, Konis just couldn't hold
      I'm so glad I took a look inside your showroom doors




    Advertise on Pro-Touring.com