Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

    Login / Register




    Results 1 to 4 of 4
    1. #1
      Join Date
      Jun 2005
      Posts
      467

      Is there a max rpm for the 80E tranny?

      Mine's their street/strip version. Sent them an email but thought I'd ask here too.

      Sometimes when I have my 80E software (T-Con) set to upshift at 6350, my datalog shows rpm readings up into the 6800 range.

      Thanks,

      Jim

      Don't take a knife to a gunfight.

      Half-Assed = Half-Fast


    2. #2
      Join Date
      Nov 2004
      Location
      Roanoke, VA
      Posts
      515
      Quote Originally Posted by DeltaT
      Mine's their street/strip version. Sent them an email but thought I'd ask here too.
      Ive seen a quote from GM of 5500 or 6500 (or there about) but Im assuming theyre talking about a stock piece as well as prolly being conservative.

      Sometimes when I have my 80E software (T-Con) set to upshift at 6350, my datalog shows rpm readings up into the 6800 range.

      Thanks,

      Jim
      If Im reading the above correctly youre saying youve got the upshift rpm set at 6350 but data logging its showing youre shifting at 6800? If so I found the same thing on my TCI control where the WOT shifts are pretty late compared to what they are set for. On mine I want the 1-2 shift at 5400rpm but had to actually set the control parameter to 4950 to get an actual shift point of 5400.

      HTH.
      GMC Syclone (currently wrecked thanks to the typical rubber headed VA driver not paying attention to his red stop light...oh and he didnt have insurance either)
      #614 11.9 @ 113
      New stuff finished 08/06:
      4L80E trans w/TCI PCM
      Front: J&S UCA/LCA, QA1 coil overs
      Rear: Caltracks/Belltech drop leaves
      Empire drive line alum drive shaft
      Polished 17x9 F/17x11 R ZR1s with 275s/315s
      Syclone
      Tow rig

    3. #3
      Join Date
      Jun 2005
      Posts
      467
      Thanks! You read it right, I figured I'd play around with the shift set points and finally get it right. Good to see it's consistent between trannies.

      Jim
      Don't take a knife to a gunfight.

      Half-Assed = Half-Fast

    4. #4
      Join Date
      Nov 2004
      Location
      Roanoke, VA
      Posts
      515
      Glad I could help some Jim.. BTW, GM says "max rpm=6000" on the 80e but there are several ppl I know of that are going well past that who havent had any issues so far.
      GMC Syclone (currently wrecked thanks to the typical rubber headed VA driver not paying attention to his red stop light...oh and he didnt have insurance either)
      #614 11.9 @ 113
      New stuff finished 08/06:
      4L80E trans w/TCI PCM
      Front: J&S UCA/LCA, QA1 coil overs
      Rear: Caltracks/Belltech drop leaves
      Empire drive line alum drive shaft
      Polished 17x9 F/17x11 R ZR1s with 275s/315s
      Syclone
      Tow rig




    Advertise on Pro-Touring.com