Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

    Login / Register




    Results 1 to 14 of 14
    1. #1
      Join Date
      Jul 2006
      Posts
      34
      Country Flag: United States

      '68 Firebird.... need some help

      Hey guys found out about this site from the owner of my parts outlet who is a member here.

      I am stoked to see all the cool rides. I have a '68 bird with a 326/auto now and hope to upgrade the trans to a 5 or 6 speed and get a 9" for the rear.

      I am trying to get in touch with Larry to ask a few questions about his gas caps too.... anybody got his digits.... PM me.

      "Rarely is the question asked: Is our children learning?" -- GW Bush (Florence SC, 1-11-00)


    2. #2
      Join Date
      Apr 2006
      Location
      Atlanta GA
      Posts
      7,477
      wasnt there like a huge long post on the caps that never been solve EVAR!?

    3. #3
      Join Date
      Apr 2006
      Location
      Huntington Beach, CA
      Posts
      2,420
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by Venomous Type
      wasnt there like a huge long post on the caps that never been solve EVAR!?
      https://www.pro-touring.com/forum/sh...t=5753&page=12
      Please Subscribe to the AutoXandTrack YouTube Channel

      Autocross and track blog about running autocross and track events with pro touring cars

    4. #4
      Join Date
      Feb 2006
      Location
      Wisconsin
      Posts
      546
      Welcome to the site. If you are looking to put a 5 speed in your car I would recommend Classic Chevy 5 speed. Jeff was great to work with. You can click on there banner along the edge of the window. As for a 9" there are alot of ways to go. I found a open one fron a 69 Mustang and welded GM perches on iit had the axels redrilled for GM stud pattern and put a after market posi unit in it. Good luck. BTW where ya from?


      1968 Firebird. Owed and operated since 1981. 455 5 speed 4 link mini-tubed ect.....

    5. #5
      Join Date
      Aug 2004
      Location
      La Plata, MD
      Posts
      265
      Welcome to the nest.
      1968 Pontiac Firebird
      LT1/T56
      Bruce

    6. #6
      Join Date
      Jun 2006
      Location
      Hiawassee,GA
      Posts
      134

    7. #7
      Join Date
      Jul 2006
      Posts
      34
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by Verboten
      I am trying to get in touch with Larry to ask a few questions about his gas caps too.... anybody got his digits.... PM me.

      Larry PM'd me and I will call him soon...... thanks for the welcome guys. I am from Western PA near the Ohio border. Not much in the way of PT cars here, but over in Ohio I see alot more!
      "Rarely is the question asked: Is our children learning?" -- GW Bush (Florence SC, 1-11-00)

    8. #8
      Join Date
      Jun 2002
      Location
      Long Island, NY
      Posts
      11,320
      Country Flag: United States
      Welcome to the site, Lou.

    9. #9
      Join Date
      Jun 2005
      Location
      Louisiana
      Posts
      137
      Welcome aboard Lou. Howd you wind up with a 326 in a 68? (If you dont mind my asking)

    10. #10
      Join Date
      Jul 2006
      Posts
      34
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by CDJr
      Welcome aboard Lou. Howd you wind up with a 326 in a 68? (If you dont mind my asking)

      it was already in the car when I bought it...... kinda different so will run it until I can build a bigger poncho powerplant.
      "Rarely is the question asked: Is our children learning?" -- GW Bush (Florence SC, 1-11-00)

    11. #11
      Join Date
      Jun 2003
      Posts
      370
      Country Flag: United States
      Welcome, Another firebird!!
      Paul
      1955 Chevrolet 210 Delray 2 Door Sedan
      1965 Impala Two Door Hardtop
      1968 Pontiac Firebird


    12. #12
      Join Date
      Aug 2004
      Location
      Amsterdam,The Netherlands
      Posts
      880
      Country Flag: Netherlands
      More Birds, welcome. Any link to Europe (reg. your user name)?


      Cliff
      1968 Firebird
      Project Cheyenne Pro Performance

    13. #13
      Join Date
      Jul 2006
      Posts
      34
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by cliff6870
      More Birds, welcome. Any link to Europe (reg. your user name)?

      No link to Europe; the name was actually the name of my high school band that has been extinct now for far too long, but I have always liked the name......
      "Rarely is the question asked: Is our children learning?" -- GW Bush (Florence SC, 1-11-00)

    14. #14
      Join Date
      Nov 2004
      Location
      Colorado
      Posts
      1,260
      Country Flag: United States
      Personally I'd skip the 9" seems to be the "in" thing right now, but not many people are aware of the fact that it takes more HP to drive a 9" the pinion gear is below the ring center is constanly trying to climb the ring gear.
      I'd buy a moser 12 bolt.




    Advertise on Pro-Touring.com