Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

    Login / Register




    Results 1 to 3 of 3
    1. #1
      Join Date
      Jan 2005
      Posts
      45

      4L60E - ls1 or lt1 is there a diff?

      Planning on swapping out my dying turbo 350 for a 4l60e asap into a 64 malibu.
      It has a 2bolt 350 out of a mid-70's truck for mow, lsx swap later.
      Is there any diff between 4l60e's from lt1 and ls1 cars for my application?
      I want to buy once....instead of twice like my camaro :(
      Any 4l60e from a specific car/model to look for?



    2. #2
      Join Date
      Feb 2006
      Location
      Elk Ridge, Utah
      Posts
      602
      Country Flag: United States
      I think the bell housing patterns are different so you may need a new case when u goto an lsx platform
      69 Camaro
      W/D sub, Wilwood 13" brakes Bozeforged wheels 18X10 & 18X12,
      Lateral dynamics 3 link ( custom setup ) Dana 60
      lsX Twin Turbo, soon to come
      Viper T56 in place (Yay)
      Bought a running driving car so I can enjoy it before Im dead
      LD 3 Link Installed into ^^^^^ (Yay)

    3. #3
      Join Date
      Mar 2003
      Location
      Kirkland, WA
      Posts
      884
      The bellhousings are different, but I think the only difference is that the LS1 version has an additional bolt hole at the peak of the engine.
      James
      -1969 Camaro Sport Coupe
      -1996 Z28
      -2005 Silverado
      Webpage


    Advertise on Pro-Touring.com