Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

    Login / Register




    Results 1 to 20 of 31

    Hybrid View

    1. #1
      Join Date
      Aug 2004
      Location
      Red Deer, Alberta, Canada
      Posts
      1,364
      Country Flag: Canada
      I paid 750-850US for my 4l80e with 20k on it. Stock form it'll be fine taking 800 flywheel ponies.



      Its all in where you shop really. My friend just picked up a 11k 4l60e that was rebuilt with a shift kit for 950US

      -Matt
      Matt
      72 Chevelle 370ci, 76mm single turbo, TKX, Speedtech Track Time, Millerbuilt Strange full floater 9", Brembo brakes, BC Forged 18x11s with 315s square
      Instagram: Cst_koon


    2. #2
      Join Date
      Aug 2001
      Location
      Wilton, CA. (Sacramento)
      Posts
      2,995
      Country Flag: United States
      The 4L80E will fit the 67-69 Camaros without floor mods, but the cooling line area is very tight. I found one from BTE from Steve at Oldani Motorsports for $1865. There is no core charge and it will hold 850-900 HP. That does not include a converter and you'll also need a controller to control the trans.

      Jody

    3. #3
      Join Date
      Dec 2004
      Posts
      12
      Guys first post. I have been running a 700r4 in a 67 chevy ll for a couple of years with a mild 383 and nitrous. They just won't last with any power over 500 or so.

      I am switching power adders to a turbo and going to a 4L80E trans. From what I have read they come from the factory rated at 800ftlb.. I like the odds of it lasting. I have an empty case test fitting. I just got my engine back so in a month or so I should have it in. I will be using a TCI controller.... which is a F.A.S.T. system like the fuel injection.

      There are a couple ways to control it. One with a stand alone aftermarket controller. The other is to make it a manual valvebody. I also think that you can get a certain yr. camaro ecu to control it also..... but I am not positive.

      The converters are more expensive which is a downer but so is rebuilding 700r4's or 4L60E's.

    4. #4
      Join Date
      Jan 2003
      Location
      Arizona
      Posts
      5,394
      Country Flag: United States
      Welcome to the forum Lethal. Did the 4L80 fit in your 67 Chevy II without floorpan mods? I have the TCI controller on my 4L60. Once you've had a computer controlled automatic you will never go back to a "dumb" transmission.
      ________________
      Steve Chryssos

    5. #5
      Join Date
      Dec 2004
      Posts
      12
      Quote Originally Posted by streetfytr68
      Welcome to the forum Lethal. Did the 4L80 fit in your 67 Chevy II without floorpan mods? I have the TCI controller on my 4L60. Once you've had a computer controlled automatic you will never go back to a "dumb" transmission.
      I have a empty case I am using now. I just got my engine back from the builder and will put the case on and know for sure. I will do some work on the tunnel. I just have not decided if I will cut the tunnel out and make a new one or just try to modify some areas.

      The tunnel in the chevyll is small around the tail housing and will surely get work. I will curt off the extra leg of the trans and work on the "rib" on top if I just modify my tunnel instead of replace.

      I am using the F.A.S.T. controller for my injection so I was happy to see the tci unit.

    6. #6
      Join Date
      Aug 2001
      Location
      Wilton, CA. (Sacramento)
      Posts
      2,995
      Country Flag: United States
      I'm using the Big Stuff 3 EFI for mine and it has a built-in trans controller, which eliminates one extra box. Can't wait to try it.

      Jody

    7. #7
      Join Date
      Sep 2004
      Location
      Phoenix, Az
      Posts
      217
      Myclone...Excellent post! I think I'll just stick with my old TH400!


      "I'm dumb enough to ask stupid questions...but just smart enough to recognize a stupid answer"




    Advertise on Pro-Touring.com