Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

    Login / Register




    Results 1 to 20 of 31

    Hybrid View

    1. #1
      Join Date
      Aug 2004
      Location
      Red Deer, Alberta, Canada
      Posts
      1,364
      Country Flag: Canada
      I'm not sure as far as company's that build the tranny but I thought this tid bit from Parish's website might be interesting.



      The 4L80E I have in my new truck has taken me into the 10's with nothing more than a $109 shift kit. The tranny came from the junk yard and had at least 50,000miles on it before I got it. This really shows the strength of the 4L80E. I expect to have to build it at some point, but hopefully only once. I have seen ratings for built units in the 1200 horsepower range.

      -Matt
      Matt
      72 Chevelle 370ci, 76mm single turbo, TKX, Speedtech Track Time, Millerbuilt Strange full floater 9", Brembo brakes, BC Forged 18x11s with 315s square
      Instagram: Cst_koon


    2. #2
      Join Date
      Aug 2004
      Location
      Texas
      Posts
      254
      Country Flag: United States

      4l80

      I have a friend that totally rebuilt a Monte Carlo and opted for a 4L80. He swapped in a 4L60 to save some weight, the 4L80 is for sale if you're interested. It seemed to work perfectly when I drove it a few months ago.

      Instead of beating around a bush, I'll give you his cell #.
      Chris @ 830-583-6798

      Good luck,
      Gene




    Advertise on Pro-Touring.com