Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

    Login / Register




    Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Results 21 to 30 of 30
    1. #21
      Join Date
      Jun 2003
      Location
      Chicagoland
      Posts
      835
      Brian you car looks great!
      William Rouleau
      Project PonySnake - '67 Mustang Fastback

    2. #22
      Join Date
      Aug 2004
      Location
      Bay Area
      Posts
      30
      Country Flag: United States

      Lookin' good!

      Brian-

      I like your car a lot, the paint scheme is very cool. The flat black strips on the top and along lower portion are great. I like the term Zefhix used to describe your car "subtle aggression" The stance is awesome!

      -Josh

    3. #23
      Join Date
      Jul 2004
      Location
      Baytown, Tx
      Posts
      40

      67 pro tour stang

      It's always nice to see a mustang on this site. Love what your doing with the car. I have got a 67 fastback that I haven't even started on yet.I have bought the global west coil over conversion, but I have not got the spindles for it. My question is, what year/make spindles did you get that would work with the baer brakes and also GW suspension. Also what did you do with the rack and pinion setup? Having a hard time getting the same info. from baer and global west. It's even harder putting a power rack and pinion set up in the mix. Any information would be much appreciated. Thanks

    4. #24
      Join Date
      Nov 2003
      Location
      Maine
      Posts
      1,076

      mustang

      brian, on word, awesome car!! that is for a ford!!!! lol, kinda off topic but does anyone know who is selling the complete one peice floor for the arly mustangs??? by complete i mean rocker to rocker, front to back, i saw an add in one of the mags and have a friend who wants to buy the peice.
      again nice car!! if anyone knows please let me know
      jake

    5. #25
      Join Date
      Sep 2004
      Posts
      50
      WOW! Looks GREAT!

      Love that color too! A 67/68 T/A coupe has always been one of my "what if's" - looks like you "nailed it"!

      Do you have any drive-time on it yet? That ride height may be too low - won't know until you drive it. You'll like the GW stuff, I've had mine on for 6 years now.
      1965 Mustang
      Shelby Clone Restomod
      GT350Clone.com - Car & Tech Pages

    6. #26
      Join Date
      Jan 2003
      Location
      College Station, TX
      Posts
      421
      Thanks again for all the compliments, guys! I really appreciate it. Ok, to answer some questions:

      kmracer,
      As far as ride is concerned, it's pretty stiff. Riding in the back seat on a bumpy road is quite the experience. Handling is awesome, but the tradeoff is a not so supple ride. There is NO comparison to stock as far as the suspension's capability is concerned. Forget about it. WORLDS of difference. With the original suspension, operation was dicey at best. I would really recommend the Global West stuff. Your only other options aside from fabricating stuff yourself are: Grab-A-Trak, Total Control (which is under new ownership and supposedly even MORE expensive now), and Griggs Racing. If I was going to build a hardcore car from scratch, it would have all the Griggs crap, but that entails $$$$$ and cutting up the car.
      As far as the brakes, the only time I've driven the car in it's current form was around the block when my parents flew me home from school to escape one of the hurricanes (can't remember which one now, there were so many) that hit Florida. I've heard nothing but good things about the brakes, and I'm a big Baer fan (I've got their 6-piston Alcon setup on my Chevelle).
      Now the engine is the only part of the car that isn't really up-to-snuff. It's a 289 with all of the requisite performance crap done to it (bored .030, ported and polished 4v heads, roller valvetrain, highrise intake, holley carb, etc...), but it's by no means a power-house. It's definitely a peppy motor, and should be even more fun to drive now with the 5-speed and different rear gears (a C4 auto with a 2.70 rear gear in a peg-leg 8" didn't make for very spirited driving). This car has to be my daily driver here at school, so I need something with a semblance of drivability and reliability. As soon as it's removed from daily transportation status, it will get a fire-breathing stroker motor. Until then, the Procharged 502 in my Chevelle will have to suffice.

      Zefhix,
      Thanks man! As a fellow in-progress builder of a pro-touring '70 Chevelle, I look forward to seeing how your car turns out. I dig the looks of the Vette wheels on there.

      Travis,
      I don't have the GW coilover setup, but I would ASSume that it still utilizes dimensions to use a factory spindle? The Baers for the '67 make use of the original '67 drum brake spindles. I had converted over to a factory style front-disc setup before swapping to the Baers, so it was fortuitous that I decided to hang on to the original drum spindles from the car. I am using the factory power steering setup (which believe me, is less than ideal), so I can't help you out on the rack and pinion issue. BUT, provided the coilover setup is compatible with the factory spindle, you will need to use the original drum-brake spindles for the Baer brakes.

      Jake,
      I too have seen the floorpan, but I'm not sure who makes it. I'll see what I can find out. Thanks again for the kind words.

      Cloney,
      Thanks for the compliments! I really love your car. I dig the looks of the Hopsters on the 65-66s. I don't have any drive-time on the car in it's current state. I have had the GW suspension on the car for 2 years now, though. Two thumbs up from me. The only thing that has changed is the front springs. I was never happy with the way the car sat. It was probably an inch and a half higher in the front than the back, so it always looked like the car was launching from a stop. So I had some custom springs made, and yes it is looooooow. We had quite the tribulations with the new ride height. It appears at this point that it shouldnt be a problem. The lips have been removed from the front fenders, and the 35-series tires really helped matters. One thing we did do was remove the shims from behind the upper control arms, which allowed us to kick in the wheels at the top. While looking at the car when it's been on the trailer, when going through a dip and the suspension compresses, the wheels tuck up into the fenders without catching. It's probably (hopefully) going to just be a matter of being extra careful with speed-bumps, and turning into driveways, etc...

      SW, William, and Josh,
      Thanks for the compliments! And SW, I'll be in touch in the very near future to talk about a set of Profil 5's for the Chevelle.

      -Brian
      <--- Artist formerly known as BlownSS502

    7. #27
      Join Date
      Aug 2004
      Posts
      83
      Do you have any pics of the build, in progress? I am currently trying to buy back my first car (68 coupe). I have always regretted selling it years back.

      Very nice car.
      Jeff

    8. #28
      Join Date
      Jun 2004
      Location
      Las Vegas
      Posts
      593
      Quote Originally Posted by B Cichocki
      Zefhix,Thanks man! As a fellow in-progress builder of a pro-touring '70 Chevelle, I look forward to seeing how your car turns out. I dig the looks of the Vette wheels on there.-Brian
      Thanks, I'd love to see pics of your chevelle.....do you have some you could send my way or post up?
      -Keith


      zefhix
      There is nothing more common than unsuccessful men with talent-

    9. #29
      Join Date
      Jul 2002
      Location
      Muskegon, MI
      Posts
      4,494
      Off topic since I already said how incredible this car was but....I am also in need of that floor pan since we have the exact same 67 Mustang in our garage but ours needs new floors.
      Adam_______Offical Car Name "ILLUSION"
      383 Stroker, Stock cast heads, T-56 tranny, 4.11 gears, 2002 T/A dash, 4th gen interior including seatbelts, power lumbar seats, 18" Budnik Wheels, Hydraboost, QA1 shocks, DC Controller, Power steering conversion, fuel cell, unique exhaust set up........
      ILLUSION Website-----------Old Website--------------My Car on Lateral-g.net----------- Need something designed?-AdFabDesign

    10. #30
      Join Date
      Nov 2003
      Location
      Maine
      Posts
      1,076

      floor pan

      adam, i found it
      www.paddockparts.com
      they have from rocker to rocker pan, looks very nice, expensive but you will have a perfect looking floor, check it out
      jake



    Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2



    Advertise on Pro-Touring.com