Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

    Login / Register




    Results 1 to 6 of 6

    Hybrid View

    1. #1
      Join Date
      Mar 2004
      Location
      Mid-Michigan
      Posts
      2,764
      Country Flag: United States

      Used 2 x 2 x 1/8" wall tubing. Need any?

      I just called a guy who is advertising the above tubing, used, for sale. 100" (over 8') pieces for $7.50 ea. It has been painted and torched off at both ends and he has around 1800 pieces. Online retail is about $40 bucks... He also has some 3/8 x 6" x 66" lg plate.
      I will be making a run Sat. morning to check it out and pick some up if it is usable. This is near Flint so it's not a bad drive from the Detroit area if you want to save some money...
      If anyone else is interested let me know and I'll report back with quality and seller info.
      Mark

      Mark:
      "Bad Ast" Astro Van. Just because I did it... Doesn't mean it's possible...
      This my Bad Ast thread...
      https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...roject-Faze-II
      This is my Fotki album...
      http://astroracer.fotki.com/


    2. #2
      Join Date
      Dec 2004
      Posts
      441
      Country Flag: United States
      I might be interested in the plate. Do you know if he'll sell by the foot, or is it all or nothing?

    3. #3
      Join Date
      Nov 2003
      Location
      Paradise, Ca
      Posts
      1,411
      Just a warning on that 3/8 x 6 x 66 plate...if it was sheered to that size, depending on the shear condition, there's a good chance that the plate is nowhere near flat.
      -Matt

      Welders: The only people that think a co-worker catching on fire is funny.

    4. #4
      Join Date
      Apr 2002
      Posts
      777
      Country Flag: United States
      Mark,

      How did you make out with the tubing?

      --JMarsa

    5. #5
      Join Date
      Mar 2004
      Location
      Mid-Michigan
      Posts
      2,764
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by JMarsa
      Mark,

      How did you make out with the tubing?

      --JMarsa
      I picked up 30 sticks. It is salvaged from material racks. It was painted and has a bit of surface scale but is entirely usable. I would never use it in a chassis build (maybe for a crossmember...) but it is good enough for a welding table or two and general fabricating of jigs and stuff.
      I got a couple pieces of the 3/8ths plate also. Matt was right, I had to sort through a few to get flat ones. I am glad he mentioned it as I would have just grabbed the first two on the pile and they both had a nice 1/2"-3/4" bow in them...
      I will keep in touch with this guy as he runs a salvage company and never knows what he'll have from week to week...
      If anyone wants his number PM me.
      Mark
      Mark:
      "Bad Ast" Astro Van. Just because I did it... Doesn't mean it's possible...
      This my Bad Ast thread...
      https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...roject-Faze-II
      This is my Fotki album...
      http://astroracer.fotki.com/

    6. #6
      Join Date
      Apr 2002
      Posts
      777
      Country Flag: United States
      Mark,

      Check you PM's.

      --JMarsa




    Advertise on Pro-Touring.com