Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

    Login / Register




    Results 1 to 5 of 5

    Threaded View

    1. #3
      Join Date
      Nov 2004
      Location
      Roanoke, VA
      Posts
      515
      While Im no where near as knowledgable as Matt I have welded quite a bit of 409 when working with OE exhaust stuff. It welds just fine with a MIG and in all honesty I cant really tell much if any difference between welding 409 and mild steel exh stuff.



      HTH

      BTW, Matt you might be able to weld alum with a MIG but man I sure cant. Talk about some scary looking welds that I promptly hid in the bottom of the shop trash can before anyone else could see them!
      GMC Syclone (currently wrecked thanks to the typical rubber headed VA driver not paying attention to his red stop light...oh and he didnt have insurance either)
      #614 11.9 @ 113
      New stuff finished 08/06:
      4L80E trans w/TCI PCM
      Front: J&S UCA/LCA, QA1 coil overs
      Rear: Caltracks/Belltech drop leaves
      Empire drive line alum drive shaft
      Polished 17x9 F/17x11 R ZR1s with 275s/315s
      Syclone
      Tow rig





    Advertise on Pro-Touring.com