Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

    Login / Register




    Results 1 to 6 of 6
    1. #1
      Join Date
      Oct 2026
      Location
      Oklahoma
      Posts
      4
      Country Flag: United States

      Billet Specialties Lonestar Wheels

      Wanting to put 17" B.S. Lonestar wheels on my 1969 Camaro with stock fender wells.
      Does anyone know how wide I can go on the front & back?
      Maybe someone has put 17" wheels on there's & wondering what combo of wheel/tire will work?



    2. #2
      Join Date
      Nov 2006
      Location
      Mountain Springs, Texas
      Posts
      4,865
      Country Flag: United States
      8.5 front and 9.5 rear but you will need to nail the backspacing/offset. +6mm offset for stock brakes. You will also need a little negative camber.
      1969 Camaro - LSA 6L90E AME sub/IRS
      1957 Buick Estate Wagon
      1959 El Camino - Ironworks frame
      1956 Cameo - full C5 suspension/drivetrain
      1959 Apache Fleetside

    3. #3
      Join Date
      Oct 2026
      Location
      Oklahoma
      Posts
      4
      Country Flag: United States
      Thanks dhutton,
      So the offset can be +6mm for both front & back with drum brakes?
      Also can I just center the offset for example on the 9.5" wide rear I would go with a 4.75" offset?
      Also what tires can I run on these wheels, size wize?

    4. #4
      Join Date
      Nov 2006
      Location
      Mountain Springs, Texas
      Posts
      4,865
      Country Flag: United States
      I think you are mixing up offset and backspacing. There are online calculators to help you convert from offset to backspacing.

      Yes +6mm front and rear offset regardless of wheel width.

      275 rear and 235 front can work with careful attention. Go 8” up front if you want some margin.
      1969 Camaro - LSA 6L90E AME sub/IRS
      1957 Buick Estate Wagon
      1959 El Camino - Ironworks frame
      1956 Cameo - full C5 suspension/drivetrain
      1959 Apache Fleetside

    5. #5
      Join Date
      Oct 2026
      Location
      Oklahoma
      Posts
      4
      Country Flag: United States
      Okay, I think I got it. So on a 17"x8" wheel I would have a 6.35mm offset & a 4.75" backspace.
      Hope this is correct, found a convert form online.

    6. #6
      Join Date
      Nov 2006
      Location
      Mountain Springs, Texas
      Posts
      4,865
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by 1969greg View Post
      Okay, I think I got it. So on a 17"x8" wheel I would have a 6.35mm offset & a 4.75" backspace.
      Hope this is correct, found a convert form online.
      Yes that is correct.
      1969 Camaro - LSA 6L90E AME sub/IRS
      1957 Buick Estate Wagon
      1959 El Camino - Ironworks frame
      1956 Cameo - full C5 suspension/drivetrain
      1959 Apache Fleetside




    Advertise on Pro-Touring.com