Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

    Login / Register




    Results 1 to 11 of 11

    Threaded View

    1. #1
      Join Date
      Jul 2011
      Posts
      31

      67 Mustang_LS Swap

      G'day crew,

      Looooong time lurker, first time poster.



      After years of following builds like Andrews 67 Cougar. LanglyLads 67 mustang I finally decided to pull the trigger and push on with my.

      Why the long wait? I've recently discharged from the Australian Defence Force and now finally have my own work space and spare time (well.... until 3 weeks ago and my first child arrived...)

      Also I wanted to figure out a way to get an LS into a mustang without welding up mounts. I knew, like many of you that there are a multitude of options for this swap in to nearly every conceivable make, model and style of vehicle from Cessna light aircraft to shopping trolleys, but never a bolt-in kit for a early mustang.

      I found these bad boys from an Australian HotRod fabrication shop (www.rodshop.com) Castlemaine Rod Shop.

      Name:  lhs mount.jpg
Views: 1139
Size:  450.7 KBName:  rhs mount.jpg
Views: 1127
Size:  470.2 KB

      I went to a local Mustang shop and picked up some inner shock towers to play with measurements and very rudimentary trial fitment.
      Name:  mounts.jpg
Views: 1146
Size:  614.2 KB

      By looking at Andrews Cougar build, I'd want a rack and pinion steering system for ease of installation, so I've got a manual and power TCP rack (not sure which one I'll use for the final setup).

      Name:  Front.jpg
Views: 1160
Size:  209.8 KB

      I then picked up a plastic LS block to further test the plan.

      So far I was pretty close to what the measurements and dimensions I was seeing in the bay of my 67 mustang. Things were getting very interesting....

      Name:  16121DEE-130C-4969-AA57-C6554A06827D.jpg
Views: 1054
Size:  260.9 KB

      Found a front sump out of a Monaro (your Pontiac GTO's I believe), and still, things are looking good.

      I should note at this point we were in an apartment looking for our next home so could only really "bench race" the plan.

      Until...

      Name:  LS LHS.jpg
Views: 1138
Size:  471.8 KBName:  LS RHS.jpg
Views: 1165
Size:  379.8 KB





    Advertise on Pro-Touring.com