Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Feedback on Brake plans

Name:  LeMans Systems.jpg
Views: 102
Size:  161.0 KB
      I'm replacing all factory components and want to be sure I get this right. The car is a 1972 LeMans w/ factory front discs and rear drums.

I'm planning 3/16" Copper Nickel alloy throughout. I believe the factory had 1/4" for the single line feeding the rear.

Coming off the master cylinder the rear line goes to a proportioning valve and then to a flex line connected to a splitter on the rear housing (9-Inch in my case) then to each rear wheel.
      Coming off the master cylinder the front line goes to a splitter then to each wheel. Very simple and thus this is my biggest question mark because I'm eliminating the factory proportioning valve on the frame that currently accepts both front and rear lines. I think a simple splitter is all that is needed right?
      Lastly, Wilwood kits come w/ a 90 degree adapter -3AN to 1/8-27 NPT. I instead designed a straight adapter and have the 90 degree on the flex line. I chose this because when tightening down 90 degree fittings sometimes the fitting shoots in the wrong direction and you need to over or under torque it. No such issue with a straight fitting.

Appreciate any guidance. TY.

Country Flag: United States
      Based on 3/8-24 flare nuts I assume you mean 3/16" line? Past that, it all looks fine.
      Donny

Support your local hot rod shop!

Yes 3/16". I corrected that typo. Thank you Donny.

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com