Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

    Login / Register




    Results 1 to 4 of 4
    1. #1
      Join Date
      Aug 2004
      Posts
      1,464
      Country Flag: United States

      1971 chevy k5 blazer

      Long time Pro touring member here but its been a long time since I've been back. Build a lot of First Gen Camaros and other vehicles but never tackled a truck. With the price of Broncos way up, I decided to stay true to my Chevy roots and buy a 1971 Chevy K5 Blazer. It is solid but came with no doors and no top. I dont mind though since I want this to be a fair weather vehicle to take to the beach, surf, and eventually down south when I retire. Looking to connect with members here who have 69-71 K/5's to get their ideas, opinions and experiences with these vehicles. Here is a pic of what I am starting with as well as a rough idea of a start. Dont mind the color, I will be stripping it away and taking the body off the frame to make it exactly to what I want.

      First idea is to get tube doors for it, only problem is, noone that I know of makes tube doors for them. There is a company that makes them for 73 and up using partial doors with tubing. My plan is to make my own grafting part from donor doors. Also want to add a cage for safety and cool factor. Here are some other ideas on the wish list.

      LQ4/9 motor swap with auto trans
      4 wheel disc brakes with hydroboost
      Roll cage
      Tube doors
      Exhaust ( I like them loud and flowmaster 2 chamber have always made me smile.
      Light bar?
      Audio System.
      Any other ideas out there?

      Would love to see what others have done and any tips/tricks/ things to watch out for, common issues, etc... sorry for the large inserts trying to find a way to make them smaller. The second one is a joke, but would love to do it!!Name:  IMG_8283.jpg
Views: 1545
Size:  623.2 KB


      https://ibb.co/Rp8czgw
      https://ibb.co/qDHWnRJ
      https://ibb.co/zQV24RQ
      https://ibb.co/rwRYzzT
      https://ibb.co/zXwXcTr
      https://ibb.co/NTFyDrv
      https://ibb.co/jGvRVhw

    2. #2
      Join Date
      Dec 2013
      Posts
      245
      Country Flag: United States
      I have plans to do a ,K5 for myself, but still looking a decent body I can afford. Yours looks good, but check for bondo on the rockers/quarters. I am going aftermarket frame on my build, all the way. Going big bore LS, dual quad tb's, and a 4l80, all the way.

    3. #3
      Join Date
      Aug 2007
      Posts
      737
      Just a thought on the tube doors.
      Maybe mod TJ or JK tube doors? Many of those available in different styles.

    4. #4
      Join Date
      Aug 2004
      Location
      Melbourne Australia
      Posts
      102
      Country Flag: Australia

      My 71

      Going for a very stock look. Orange & White with orange plaid Highlander interior. 17" wheels, one inch lift, front sway bar, Blue Top steering box.. 350 SBC with terminator stealth EFI, turbo 350. Vintage Air,Holley Mid Mount. Engine, trans, transfer case and suspension rebuilt already. Image is where body is now. Not a lot of rust, driver side rocker was worst part. Hoping to start chassis assembly next month.



      Name:  IMG_2246.jpg
Views: 963
Size:  593.2 KBName:  312897892_5855126731199033_5248967410711334415_n.jpg
Views: 914
Size:  198.4 KBName:  313265650_5855126737865699_8801031734549583341_n.jpg
Views: 930
Size:  163.1 KBName:  313344461_5855126734532366_3298659188697138805_n.jpg
Views: 896
Size:  189.6 KB
      Roger Andrews

      68 Camaro Convertible LS1 6 speed
      72 C10 Stepside 350 4L60e - oldskool
      71 K5 Blazer





    Advertise on Pro-Touring.com