Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

    Login / Register




    Results 1 to 20 of 63

    Hybrid View

    1. #1
      Join Date
      Jun 2018
      Location
      SW Florida
      Posts
      47
      I have two spal non-brushless fans running on a pwm controller. It works great. Just make sure to have adequate wire gauge to minimize voltage drop to the fans and use high capacity connectors.



    2. #2
      Join Date
      Jul 2021
      Posts
      70
      Quote Originally Posted by BobinFL View Post
      I have two spal non-brushless fans running on a pwm controller. It works great. Just make sure to have adequate wire gauge to minimize voltage drop to the fans and use high capacity connectors.
      That is good to know! Thank you!

      Would you mind sending me pics an/or info on your setup, please?

      I have 6ga cable that is going to be ran to the MSD Relay and possibly 10ga to the PWM and fans. Good enough?

    3. #3
      Join Date
      Jun 2018
      Location
      SW Florida
      Posts
      47
      Unfortunately my system is buried to try to maintain as much of a stealth look as possible so no pictures. I have dual 60 amp breakers off the battery hidden behind the battery. A 4 ga wire is hidden in the radiator support and goes to the driver site where the pwm controller is hidden behind the windshield washer bottle. Twin 6 ga leads go to the spal fans which i believe are rated for 45 amps each at full load. The pwm controller has a sensor that gets installed in the radiator core right around the bottom outlet. Another wire runs from the AC clutch to the controller to kick the fans on when the AC clutch engages. With the AC on the controller brings on the fans at 50% and then ramps from there based on rad temps. Without the AC it ramps from zero speed based on water temp. Each 12" fan is rated for, (i think) around 2,300 cfm, and are installed in s shroud with rubber flap bypass cutouts. Fans are in a puller configuration. The AC condenser is installed right in front of the radiator, and i used foam gasket material to seal the condenser to the radiator, so the condenser works really well now. Used to have a 12" pusher fan right in front of the condenser, but this setup works much better.

    4. #4
      Join Date
      Jul 2021
      Posts
      70
      Thank you for your reply and description! I do appreciate it. What pwm controller are you using? I had found this one, but I didn’t know how it is.

      https://gccooling.com/product/cwi-pwm-controller/



    Tags for this Thread


    Advertise on Pro-Touring.com