Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

    Login / Register




    Results 1 to 20 of 262

    Hybrid View

    1. #1
      Join Date
      Nov 2009
      Location
      the dirty mitten
      Posts
      1,217
      Country Flag: United States

      66 Mustang Restomod Project

      Quote Originally Posted by Threepointtwo View Post
      I am looking for some advice here. I am thinking of undercoating all of this sheet metal with bedliner and painting over the top. Do any of you have experience and some pros and cons of this approach? My wife wants me to coat the inside since it will be hidden under the upholstery.
      Name:  IMG_3098.jpg
Views: 5679
Size:  236.4 KB
      I painted over lizard skin since I used it on the floor pans and it would see foot traffic. Bedliner is a different animal though. It’s meant for abuse. Other than color, I don’t see a reason to paint over it. Even if you wanted a different color, you can get tintable raptor liner or something similar. Especially if it’ll be under upholstery, and on the inside of the car, I’d say just paint it with something to cover the bare metal to stop rust.

      Steve
      1968 Dodge Charger All Wheel Drive project Red Bull<script type="text/javascript" src="safari-extension://com.ebay.safari.myebaymanager-QYHMMGCMJR/5cce6da5/background/helpers/prefilterHelper.js"></script><script type="text/javascript" src="safari-extension://com.ebay.safari.myebaymanager-QYHMMGCMJR/85dc54c0/background/helpers/prefilterHelper.js"></script><script type="text/javascript" src="safari-extension://com.ebay.safari.myebaymanager-QYHMMGCMJR/85dc54c0/background/helpers/prefilterHelper.js"></script>


    2. #2
      Join Date
      Jun 2017
      Location
      Utah
      Posts
      240
      Quote Originally Posted by Motorcitydak View Post
      I painted over lizard skin since I used it on the floor pans and it would see foot traffic. Bedliner is a different animal though. It’s meant for abuse. Other than color, I don’t see a reason to paint over it. Even if you wanted a different color, you can get tintable raptor liner or something similar. Especially if it’ll be under upholstery, and on the inside of the car, I’d say just paint it with something to cover the bare metal to stop rust.
      Thanks, I agree with the inside. I am thinking of doing this underneath. I want it red but I also want it to hold up. I was avoiding the tintable bedliner because I only plan to use bedliner on the sheetmetal. I want to paint the frame without the bedliner cover.

      I ordered some Second Skin for coating the interior. There’s an awful lot of sheetmetal in there and I’m afraid it’s going to be really noisy. The 4 link with solid Heim links won’t help one bit.

    3. #3
      Join Date
      Jun 2017
      Location
      Utah
      Posts
      240
      I got the fuel cell mounted today. I mounted it flush with the trunk floor to give me useable trunk space. I have to make some modifications to the rear valence for the fuel lines but it will be below the license plate so it won’t show much.
      Name:  DF597D78-520D-4841-BA01-975CCD7D8045.jpg
Views: 766
Size:  238.1 KBName:  8BA0E0DB-FB9B-4584-8AA2-79FA86E9F9B1.jpg
Views: 792
Size:  343.1 KBName:  C7EEBAE4-F6B2-4032-A29F-E8A2403F2679.jpg
Views: 760
Size:  315.1 KB
      Attached Images Attached Images    

    4. #4
      Join Date
      Jun 2017
      Location
      Utah
      Posts
      240
      I am running out of things I can do without an engine. I haven’t finished the front of the trans tunnel because I’m not sure if I will have to make mods to clear the Coyote. Without that piece, I can’t final paint underneath. A few small projects here and there to get ready. I made a little portal in the frame outrigger for the fuel lines. I can probably permanently mount the wheel tubs as well.

      Name:  8F4A9116-39FB-4E0E-9B6F-DA500738F79D.jpg
Views: 727
Size:  411.9 KBName:  0D21358D-0783-4626-910B-7C0721BDCB9B.jpg
Views: 751
Size:  264.8 KB

    5. #5
      Join Date
      Jun 2017
      Location
      Utah
      Posts
      240
      I painted the rear end and suspension components. My Second Skin spray-on arrived so I am finishing up the inside so I can get ready to spray that on thick.

      Name:  BE6354B5-4684-4263-8149-AC847FEDF3AB.jpg
Views: 680
Size:  636.5 KBName:  822739A6-5E17-419A-995F-CA6262BF817F.jpg
Views: 646
Size:  622.6 KB

    6. #6
      Join Date
      Jun 2017
      Location
      Utah
      Posts
      240
      Getting the trans tunnel fitted up. I had to make the jet exhaust nozzle looking thing to help lower the tunnel. My initial effort was too high.

      Name:  898F6C7D-AEFD-4396-9129-E9A1762148F0.jpg
Views: 640
Size:  317.0 KBName:  28617A65-90B2-42C9-89A1-509112DA95ED.jpg
Views: 654
Size:  319.3 KB

    7. #7
      Join Date
      Jun 2017
      Location
      Utah
      Posts
      240
      I got my panhard bar welded and I put the resend back in to check the fit. Everything looks good. Name:  3E5EE49F-8334-4617-A9DD-A213597E6B6D.jpg
Views: 653
Size:  394.3 KBName:  999F3937-366A-4463-A514-BAB349782B99.jpg
Views: 669
Size:  334.7 KBName:  F19ADFA2-F6EF-45B5-BD5A-606106352E67.jpg
Views: 665
Size:  405.5 KB




    Advertise on Pro-Touring.com