Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

    Login / Register




    Results 1 to 13 of 13

    Hybrid View

    1. #1
      Join Date
      Aug 2004
      Location
      Melbourne Australia
      Posts
      102
      Country Flag: Australia
      I have the Porterbuilt in my 72, great upgrade. Personally I don’t think the Summit unit looks anywhere as strong.

      Roger Andrews

      68 Camaro Convertible LS1 6 speed
      72 C10 Stepside 350 4L60e - oldskool
      71 K5 Blazer


    2. #2
      Join Date
      Aug 2014
      Location
      Missouri
      Posts
      153
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by CSG View Post
      Do any of them allow you to push the rear wheels back? I know the normal pb crossmember allows you to position it more rearward, if you are not running adjustable length trailing arms then I would want to know that. Other than that I am following along as I’d like to hear opinions as well. These frames have a ton on flex.
      Not that I know of. My cpp tubular trailing arms are fixed length as well.

      Quote Originally Posted by 71CUTTYS View Post
      what is wrong with welding on the rails? I just had my 64 a-body frame boxed in with an HPI kit and I cant imagine the rails of a a-body being much different than frame rails from a truck. The summit kit is just a rebranded HPI kit.
      It'd probably be fine, but something about GM not heat treating/stress relieving the truck frames until the mid 80s, and that's why everything is riveted together??

      Quote Originally Posted by Aussie View Post
      I have the Porterbuilt in my 72, great upgrade. Personally I don’t think the Summit unit looks anywhere as strong.
      Awesome, good to hear someone who actually owns one of them.

      Did you do any additional sort of bracing anywhere else? Did it seem like it helped a lot?

    3. #3
      Join Date
      Aug 2004
      Location
      Melbourne Australia
      Posts
      102
      Country Flag: Australia
      Quote Originally Posted by traut811 View Post
      Awesome, good to hear someone who actually owns one of them.

      Did you do any additional sort of bracing anywhere else? Did it seem like it helped a lot?
      No other bracing. I have ridetech streetgrip installed, with AGR steering box. Truck drives awesome.

      the first time I drove out driveway and through gutter, the lack of twist was immediately noticeable. The truck feels very tied together and allows suspension to really work.
      Roger Andrews

      68 Camaro Convertible LS1 6 speed
      72 C10 Stepside 350 4L60e - oldskool
      71 K5 Blazer

    4. #4
      Join Date
      Aug 2014
      Location
      Missouri
      Posts
      153
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by Aussie View Post
      No other bracing. I have ridetech streetgrip installed, with AGR steering box. Truck drives awesome.

      the first time I drove out driveway and through gutter, the lack of twist was immediately noticeable. The truck feels very tied together and allows suspension to really work.
      Prefect thanks Roger.
      I plan to order a Borgesen 12.7:1 box as well. Are you running a steering cooler by chance?

    5. #5
      Join Date
      Aug 2004
      Location
      Melbourne Australia
      Posts
      102
      Country Flag: Australia
      Quote Originally Posted by traut811 View Post
      Prefect thanks Roger.
      I plan to order a Borgesen 12.7:1 box as well. Are you running a steering cooler by chance?
      No steering cooler, I don't drive it that hard
      Roger Andrews

      68 Camaro Convertible LS1 6 speed
      72 C10 Stepside 350 4L60e - oldskool
      71 K5 Blazer

    6. #6
      Join Date
      Sep 2014
      Posts
      25
      Country Flag: Canada
      Quote Originally Posted by Aussie View Post
      No other bracing. I have ridetech streetgrip installed, with AGR steering box. Truck drives awesome.

      the first time I drove out driveway and through gutter, the lack of twist was immediately noticeable. The truck feels very tied together and allows suspension to really work.
      Does it remove all 3 of the original crossmembers? Transmission, parking brake and trailing arm mount.
      Short and wide 1965 GMC 910.

    7. #7
      Join Date
      Aug 2004
      Location
      Melbourne Australia
      Posts
      102
      Country Flag: Australia
      Quote Originally Posted by short&wide65 View Post
      Does it remove all 3 of the original crossmembers? Transmission, parking brake and trailing arm mount.
      yes
      Roger Andrews

      68 Camaro Convertible LS1 6 speed
      72 C10 Stepside 350 4L60e - oldskool
      71 K5 Blazer




    Advertise on Pro-Touring.com