Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: United States

holley dominator firewall grommet location

For guys with Dominator ECU mounted inside the passenger compartment, where on the harness are you locating the firewall grommet? Just trying to plan out how much & where I need to route the harness. Mocking up, I currently have it between the wideband breakout & the "loose leads" breakout, but not sure if this is best. This is for twin turbo LS3 EFI setup. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by WFO_SS View Post
      For guys with Dominator ECU mounted inside the passenger compartment, where on the harness are you locating the firewall grommet? Just trying to plan out how much & where I need to route the harness. Mocking up, I currently have it between the wideband breakout & the "loose leads" breakout, but not sure if this is best. This is for twin turbo LS3 EFI setup. Thanks.
      One thing to consider is whether you want the I/O connector to be located inside the passenger compartment or in the engine bay. The other issue to consider is ECU location. That will ultimately dictate how the harness is laid out. If I can be of help with other wiring questions and tuning, please let me know.

Andrew
      1970 GTO Version 3.0
      1967 Cougar build
      GM High-Tech Performance feature
      My YouTube Channel Please Subscribe!
      Instagram @projectgattago
      Dr. EFI
      I deliver what EFI promises.
      Remote Holley EFI tuning.
      Please get in touch if I can be of service.

"You were the gun, your voice was the trigger, your bravery was the barrel, your eyes were the bullets." ~ Her

Quote Originally Posted by andrewb70 View Post
      One thing to consider is whether you want the I/O connector to be located inside the passenger compartment or in the engine bay. The other issue to consider is ECU location. That will ultimately dictate how the harness is laid out. If I can be of help with other wiring questions and tuning, please let me know.

Andrew
      plan is to place the ecu on the trans tunnel, under the radio/ac controls area (inside a g-body fake "bread box") or, if i have enough harness, under the passenger seat. as of now, i have the I/O connector & loose leads on the inside. completely fine with that. will be using ecu for pwm fan control, boost control, pwm fuel pump, battery is in the trunk. not sure if it will be better to locate the "loose wires" breakout (tach, pwr, fuel pump leads)....inside or outside. actually, i'm fine with the i/o and loose leads being either inside or outside. i just don't want a ton of "loose harness" unnecessarily cluttering up the engine bay.

plan is to place the ecu on the trans tunnel, under the radio/ac controls area (inside a g-body fake "bread box") or, if i have enough harness, under the passenger seat. as of now, i have the I/O connector on the inside. completely fine with that. not sure which side to locate the "loose wires" breakout (tach, pwr, fuel pump leads)....inside or outside. battery is in rear and will be using pwm to control the fuel pump. i just don't want a ton of "loose harness" cluttering up the engine bay.
      The loose wires should be on the inside of the passenger compartment. If you are using a Vaporworxs PWM fuel controller, it will still need to have the loose green wire from the main harness. That is the trigger to turn the fuel pump on. If the battery is in the trunk, I would mount the controller in the rear and keep the power connections close to the battery. You will obviously have to extend the green wire and run it back to the trunk.

Andrew
      1970 GTO Version 3.0
      1967 Cougar build
      Dr. EFI

"You were the gun, your voice was the trigger, your bravery was the barrel, your eyes were the bullets." ~ Her

Quote Originally Posted by andrewb70 View Post
      The loose wires should be on the inside of the passenger compartment. If you are using a Vaporworxs pwm fuel controller, it will still need to have the loose green wire from the main harness. That is the trigger to turn the fuel pump on. If the battery is in the trunk, I would mount the controller in the rear and keep the power connections close to the battery. You will obviously have to extend the green wire and run it back to the trunk.

Andrew
      i've edited the previous post since you replied, but this is the kind of info i'm looking for. i know being a universal setup makes it difficult to show every single option, but holley doesn't even provide any basic harness layout info.

not using a vaporworx, just a solid state relay & magnafuel 4303 pump.

i've edited the previous post since you replied, but this is the kind of info i'm looking for. i know being a universal setup makes it difficult to show every single option, but holley doesn't even provide any basic harness layout info.

not using a vaporworx, just a solid state relay & magnafuel 4303 pump.
      You might find the wiring manual helpful:

Holley EFI Wiring Manual

Andrew
      1970 GTO Version 3.0
      1967 Cougar build
      Dr. EFI

i have the manual. the schematics are great, but that's not what i'm after.

i have the manual. the schematics are great, but that's not what i'm after.
      If you're looking for a drawing of the harness with dimensions, that doesn't exist for the public.
      1970 GTO Version 3.0
      1967 Cougar build
      Dr. EFI

perhaps this will illustrate what i'm asking. this is where i'm currently thinking of locating the firewall grommet.

Name:  harness-firewall.jpg
Views: 242
Size:  136.3 KB

what i'm wondering is, where on the harness, if any, others are passing the harness through or any issues that would make a different location more desirable.

perhaps this will illustrate what i'm asking. this is where i'm currently thinking of locating the firewall grommet.

Name:  harness-firewall.jpg
Views: 242
Size:  136.3 KB

what i'm wondering is, where on the harness, if any, others are passing the harness through or any issues that would make a different location more desirable.
      That is generally the most logical location.

Andrew
      1970 GTO Version 3.0
      1967 Cougar build
      Dr. EFI

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com