Results 1 to 20 of 33
Threaded View
-
12-26-2020 #8
Now armed with a plan, I got to it. I always tell my customers, have a plan, stick to it, or it’ll get out of hand.
Knowing I had a few 5.3 truck based “LS” motors in the shop, it was a no brainer, this Hombre was getting one. I needed a transmission asap. A few calls and a buddy had a 4l60 laying under a bench with unknown miles or issues. Not a big deal, I knew it needed getting built to handle some power, so a few hours later I picked it up and dropped it off to a buddy to get opened up. He ripped it’s guts out and replaced it with some good internals, and a used convertor he had from his own truck. It was a 2800 stall and was “clean, no issues, good to go..”
I got out the hoist and grabbed one of the truck motors from the lot, and sent it over to my machine shop buddy to get some new pistons, and valve job/springs etc, all the makings of a mild 5.3 build. Once I got the motor back, I slapped it back together with new GM bolts/gaskets and I think a TS stage 3 cam. The new pistons were flat tops, and I had the block and heads shaved some to get some cheap compression.
A set of Ebay S10 swap headers and a drive over to dirty dingo, I was nearing ready to drop in the new combo.
Here is what some parts store 'chrome' paint can do for some clean parts..
...life is too short, live for today, tomorrow isn't guaranteed
-





Reply With Quote



