Results 1 to 6 of 6
-
12-25-2005 #1
Registered User
- Join Date
- Dec 2005
- Location
- Germany
- Posts
- 36
255/45-17 => rubbing inner wheel housing
Hello!
I installed 9,5 x 17 wheels with 255/45 at the rear of my 69' Camaro.
The distance between tire and inner wheel housing is approx. 1" (backspacing of the wheels with spacers is 5,5").
But if the car is in a bad position the tire scrub the inner wall (driver side more than passenger side).
I don't know why because in the normal stand there's a lot of space.
I think nothing was done at the rear suspension for the last 36 years=> Could this be the problem?Night Rider => My car
69'Camaro
92'Corvette LT1 engine, 4L60, shorty headers, Flowmaster, Eibach, Vette wheels=> soon coming:hotchkis leaf springs nova rear w limited slip, Corvette brakes
-
12-25-2005 #2
Registered User
- Join Date
- Aug 2004
- Location
- England
- Posts
- 1,042
Are you running straight axle and have you a panhard rod fitted
paul67
-
12-25-2005 #3
Registered User
- Join Date
- Dec 2005
- Location
- Germany
- Posts
- 36
I have the original setup:
Mono leafs, 8,2" 10 bolt
Does anybody use a panhard or something similar with leaf springs?
I only know this from the german Ford Capri and some other older European cars.
Nice to know something more!Night Rider => My car
69'Camaro
92'Corvette LT1 engine, 4L60, shorty headers, Flowmaster, Eibach, Vette wheels=> soon coming:hotchkis leaf springs nova rear w limited slip, Corvette brakes
-
12-25-2005 #4



Reply With Quote